IGNORED

DaveCUK has left the room

I’m not a disciple. I value DaveC’s knowledge quite a bit (as well as the knowledge of many other people here which I could list them all, but this thread is about DaveCUK) and he is definitely an asset to the coffee community, and that knowledge is now lost in this space. We all know Dave’s track record in the field, it doesn’t need to be talked about. Some appreciate it, some don’t. After all it’s his opinion that is given, based on evidence with videos, photos, write ups, and, like any opinion or advice, it’s up to us to consider and decide whether to take partially, entirely or not at all. 

Over the past year or so I got to know Dave a bit more, and we talked - offline - extensively about many things coffee.

So yeah, I’m not leaving here, but I’ve gone over there.

Edited by MediumRoastSteam
Correction of meaning of second phrase.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

People come and go , Dave Isn’t the first to be bored or annoyed or just leave and won’t be the last .

plenty of people with huge knowledge , that most won’t even  know, don’t  frequent anymore for a number of reasons .

gary, jeebsy, Xpenno, callumT, mikehag, the list is endless .

Life goes on, good luck to anyone starting a knowledge base anywhere , people who made a connection will carry on being mates whether on a coffee forums not. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Mrboots2u said:

Is this Dexit then ? 

Not for me. I’m staying firmly here. 👍

edit: But as I said before will start frequenting Dave's forum too.

• Like 1

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

A shame but not surprising after the bits that came up recently.

I did value Dave’s technical contributions and dry sense of humour, even if our political outlook was pretty different.

Just realised I ended up with a Mara, Niche and JX-Pro after his reviews caught my interest and the other bits on the forum.

Well I wish him all the best on his new forum, not going to be leaving this one but I might keep an eye on the other place as well. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Northern_Monkey said:

@eddie57 - I hadn’t realised it was there for that long! Not a Vesuvius owner so it passed me by.

Yep. It's just a repurposed forum. It's always been there, but targeted on ACS/Vesuvius stuff.

5 hours ago, Jony said:

Not deciples I've been on the other forum since picking up my Vesuvius and lately a Vostok just like the Reiss and his Lever forum. But I do know what your getting at.

I have no idea what any of you are getting at. What forum? What did DaveCUK do to annoy anyone? Why was he suspended? I feel like I'm the only member of this club who is not included in the local gossip. Could someone please enlighten me? Thank you. 

On my recent post one thing that made me consider not posting it was the eventual criticism or blame that the issue was 100% my own doing and I am an idiot. However the reason I still posted was that along with the criticism I would also get a very helpful solution as well. Had a little bit of PTSD every time I checked my post, was a bit confused why he hadn't replied until I read this!

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, mathof said:

I have no idea what any of you are getting at. What forum? What did DaveCUK do to annoy anyone? Why was he suspended? I feel like I'm the only member of this club who is not included in the local gossip. Could someone please enlighten me? Thank you. 

No gossip is allowed and these things can't be questioned or discussed. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
19 minutes ago, cracked_bean said:

On my recent post one thing that made me consider not posting it was the eventual criticism or blame that the issue was 100% my own doing and I am an idiot. However the reason I still posted was that along with the criticism I would also get a very helpful solution as well. Had a little bit of PTSD every time I checked my post, was a bit confused why he hadn't replied until I read this!

Yeah... I was going to say... "Hey, I know someone who could help, but I don't think he's coming back!" - Anyway, that was not my place, so I tried to give you very rationale and objective replies. 👍 

I don't believe posting a link is breaking forum rules... So here it is: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/vesuvius/ (warning: best viewed on tapatalk. The Web UI is horrendous!)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, L&R said:

Which room?

This forum (cfuk).

• 3 weeks later...
  • Tait locked this topic