IGNORED

DaveCUK has left the room

But he's not gone far....

After getting to know Dave a bit in recent weeks I know he has a lot of contacts here. I thought some of you would appreciate knowing that he's decided to leave the forum (so he's not ignoring anyone!).

I'm sure those that know him well enough can still contact him if they feel the need to.

I don't want to get into any gossip so I'll leave it at that. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up. A huge loss to the forum. Dave has devoted untold hours trying to help enthusiasts get the best from their gear, and advise manufacturers on what us coffee nerds at home want or need. I for one am sorry to hear that he has decided to leave, but without speculating as to his reasons, I can't say I blame him given the way things have gone recently. You can only try so hard. 

Edited by hotmetal
Edited to get it out of quote
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hmm that's a shame, I do not use the forum often but when asking for help he has always waded in with much appreciated advice.

Even to the point where outside the forum he has offered me to demo some of the kit he has that I was interested in (a coffee roaster at the time).

• Like 5

Gutted. Spent a lot of money on the MaraX and Niche thanks to Dave and absolutely love them.

Really appreciated the knowledge and expertise and the time taken to explain the ins and ours of each. 

Definitely a loss for the forum! 

• Like 4

Sad news indeed, a total loss for this forum. I not only bought an Elizabeth based on his reviews, but an Eureka Mignon and a Gene Cafe, and even a La Pavoni Europiccola.

You might have realised he was banned from the forum - there were couple of threads which mentioned this last week I think - and I do wonder whether that made him think twice about coming back. 😞

Edit: Forgot to mention the Niche Zero.

Edited by MediumRoastSteam
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

Yes indeed, sad news. He always went the extra mile to help. He even hosted me in his kitchen one evening a dozen or more years ago now, to help diagnose an issue I was having with a grinder. 

I think his coffee wiki might even have been going before this forum.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Blue_Cafe said:

Pass him and his disciples my genuine regards. :classic_happy:

I didn’t join ... just went to have a look .. I am more than happy here one forum is enough .. Some very  nice people here 

• Like 1

Oh dear....

Another saucer of milk anybody?

What happened to the "If you don't like it, leave"

• Like 2

I also do 

https://join.worldcommunitygrid.org?recruiterId=596475 Letting the idle processors on phone and PC help humanity

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/vesuvius/ Even though I have a lever

12 minutes ago, RazorliteX said:

Well, this thread escalated quickly.

I'm trying to get my head around how the vibe on this thread became unfriendly when the so called unfriendly people aren't here to be unfriendly......

Yikes, I've already said too much 😬 :exit:

• Like 7
9 hours ago, Blue_Cafe said:

Pass him and his disciples my genuine regards. :classic_happy:

Not deciples I've been on the other forum since picking up my Vesuvius and lately a Vostok just like the Reiss and his Lever forum. But I do know what your getting at.

• Like 1

I’m not a disciple. I value DaveC’s knowledge quite a bit (as well as the knowledge of many other people here which I could list them all, but this thread is about DaveCUK) and he is definitely an asset to the coffee community, and that knowledge is now lost in this space. We all know Dave’s track record in the field, it doesn’t need to be talked about. Some appreciate it, some don’t. After all it’s his opinion that is given, based on evidence with videos, photos, write ups, and, like any opinion or advice, it’s up to us to consider and decide whether to take partially, entirely or not at all. 

Over the past year or so I got to know Dave a bit more, and we talked - offline - extensively about many things coffee.

So yeah, I’m not leaving here, but I’ve gone over there.

Edited by MediumRoastSteam
Correction of meaning of second phrase.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

• Tait locked this topic