IGNORED

Forum software update (Sept 20)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From where I sit I see a lot more locked threads. I see folks with vast knowledge drifting away from what is becoming for me  a boring site I feel that where once a number of people would ch

😂 With you? I think you're pretty reasonable, we disagree on a lot but we can converse. I disagree with Blue_Cafe sometimes but he's reasonable too (if a little abrupt!) and that was a considered post

Twice in one day I think I agree with you.  This worries me considerably ...:)

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, MinesAbeer said:

Still isn't working 😠

There isn't a compatible version but there will be soon. However, this website is a progressive web app (PWA). This means, if you add it as a shortcut icon to your home screen it will behave like an app. Keeping you logged in etc.

34 minutes ago, Tait said:

There isn't a compatible version but there will be soon. However, this website is a progressive web app (PWA). This means, if you add it as a shortcut icon to your home screen it will behave like an app. Keeping you logged in etc.

I’m always logged in, without any of the short circuits you mention. It’s a web app. Adding to the home screen as a shortcut will not change its functionality. As long as you tick that remember me checkbox, your token will be stored in the session (cookie) and the authentication will happen on request. This is the usual behaviour. 

edit: if your token is not valid or not present, then he fallback behaviour is to be challenged for authentication, which will therefore present you with a login screen where you’d provide the credentials to authenticate yourself.

Edited by MediumRoastSteam

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

1 hour ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

I’m always logged in, without any of the short circuits you mention. It’s a web app. Adding to the home screen as a shortcut will not change its functionality. As long as you tick that remember me checkbox, your token will be stored in the session (cookie) and the authentication will happen on request. This is the usual behaviour. 

edit: if your token is not valid or not present, then he fallback behaviour is to be challenged for authentication, which will therefore present you with a login screen where you’d provide the credentials to authenticate yourself.

I'm the same as you MRS and can't access through Tapatalk despite logging out and in again.

49 minutes ago, salty said:

I'm the same as you MRS and can't access through Tapatalk despite logging out and in again.

Sadly I gave up on TapaTalk + This Forum. It's more likely I'll buy a De Longhi Dedica than this to ever work properly in a consistent way. 😞  - sadly. 

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

It's a shame, but I'll end up the same way. I've got so used to the convenience of Crapatalk. My motorbike forum doesn't support it any more either, and now I've just gradually drifted away from that forum due to the inconvenience of having to fire up a computer instead of quickly checking notifications on my phone. Will probably happen here too eventually. Although I have added CFUK as a shortcut so maybe that will do. The vibe has changed here recently though, so I only come here for LSOL now.

9 hours ago, Blue_Cafe said:

Could you expand on this?

From where I sit I see a lot more locked threads.

I see folks with vast knowledge drifting away from what is becoming for me  a boring site

I feel that where once a number of people would chip in to help on technical issues, now there are fewer

I have no interest in proffering my thoughts on wiring or electrical safety if my other posts are blocked or dismissed or I am threatened

This is probably due to the moral attitudes that have weakened our norms of open debate and toleration of differences in favour of ideological conformity.

I mostly come here to see if anything interesting has been posted but where it only seems to take one person to say that the thread is not very productive for the padlocks to be applied it gets to be hard to join in.

Hell, even @MildredMis not as fun as she used to be

Because this post is not positive or productive and contains my thoughts on decisions made I fully expect it to be removed but if that happens then it is going to be pretty difficult to expand on anything that might help you @Blue_Cafeto understand the change to what in my view was once a more fun and thriving forum.

Am I an old stick in the mud? Possibly, but I am also a believer in the adage if it ain't broke, don't fix it so now that enough time has passed for all of the wrinkles to have been ironed out of this "new" forum and I am still seeing no beta testing prior to forum upgrades. I am still missing features that were once available in what I would term proper forum software that seeks to give forum members the best possible experience. I still feel that this feels agricultural.

I miss the banter between some good old boys. I rarely smile at posts on here any more and when some young whippersnapper thinks he can tell me what to think, no matter whether that be on this forum or in the big wide world, he can be assured of a certain discourse for as long as he is able to tolerate that there might be different views to his. On here recently that has been shown to be not long and a few years back it would have been longer

If I have a hope for this forum it is that someone with an interest in coffee gets involved in running this place and joins in.

I really do hope this gives you an insight into the changes as seen by me and yes I am over 60 so am probably qualified to join the grumpy old men

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I also do 

https://join.worldcommunitygrid.org?recruiterId=596475 Letting the idle processors on phone and PC help humanity

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/vesuvius/ Even though I have a lever

7 hours ago, catpuccino said:

I'd like to stay on topic so my suggestion is we implement a forum feature to vote on who's got the biggest superiority complex.

It's not size that matters..... I certainly have the best superiority complex!!!

I'm still not able to see the unread posts. Is this gone forever?

GS3 MP, Ceado E92 and E37s, Feldgrind. Niche.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2 minutes ago, lake_m said:

I'm still not able to see the unread posts. Is this gone forever?

On web or Tapatalk? Fine on web for me.

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

Donate / Sponsor

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo