Hi everyone.

First ever post on here after a long time lurking.

Thought I'd share my most recent upgrade path.

Before upgrade: sage barista express.

IMG_20200610_161459335.jpg

• Like 3

Lelit Bianca, Niche Zero, OCD, Felicita Arc scales

Also got a bunch of other bits and bobs like OCD distribution tool, Felicita arc scales, Fellow Monty cup and an Espresso Gear milk jug (white of course to match the niche, also why I opted for the white monty)

Haha thanks.

I've also got a Flair signature espresso maker and Flair grinder on order, should be arriving Monday so I guess I'll update then.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/09/2020 at 21:02, skylark said:

That Bianca looks gorgeous, sorely wondering why i didnt buy one of those instead of what i have, and cant really show any love, a Marax.

Sigh ....

Thanks, I love it. it's definitely a work of art.

What's wrong with the marax? They seem to get a lot of love on here as far as a can tell.

I can't get along with the Marax. I'm a leisurely paced coffee lover and the Mara seems to want to go at speed. Pulling a couple of lattes doesn't go well, maybe I"m taking just too much time between shots but that's how I like it. On a couple if occasions while steaming the pump gas briefly activated and the steam just drops away killing the milk. Just my technique I suppose but a dB wouldn't cause any problems. So ... I just bought wrongly I guess. 

7 minutes ago, skylark said:

I can't get along with the Marax. I'm a leisurely paced coffee lover and the Mara seems to want to go at speed. Pulling a couple of lattes doesn't go well, maybe I"m taking just too much time between shots but that's how I like it. On a couple if occasions while steaming the pump gas briefly activated and the steam just drops away killing the milk. Just my technique I suppose but a dB wouldn't cause any problems. So ... I just bought wrongly I guess. 

What is the issues you are having , that it doesn’t have enough steam power ? It’s not quite clear what your feedback or advice is here . 

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

4 minutes ago, skylark said:

Just my technique I suppose but a dB wouldn't cause any problems. So ... I just bought wrongly I guess. 

If this is how you feel - why don't you sell the Mara and get a Bianca? Your machine is almost new, hugely popular and you will hardly lose anything. I love my Mara, but if you don't and feel you could do better - then just take the small loss and go for it. I felt the same as you - that I bought wrongly - right after getting a new Silvia V6 and changing my mind about getting a PID for it. I sold it after 8 months of ownership for a small loss, got the Mara and am much happier.  

Ahh, that sucks.

I went for a dB so I could steam and pull a shot at the same time, but that never goes well for me. I guess I'm a bit too "leisurely" also.

I did spiral out of control a bit when choosing and decided I needed every new feature I saw. I went for the Bianca because it seemed to have as many features as possible for a comparatively good price.

55 minutes ago, Doram said:

If this is how you feel - why don't you sell the Mara and get a Bianca? Your machine is almost new, hugely popular and you will hardly lose anything. I love my Mara, but if you don't and feel you could do better - then just take the small loss and go for it. I felt the same as you - that I bought wrongly - right after getting a new Silvia V6 and changing my mind about getting a PID for it. I sold it after 8 months of ownership for a small loss, got the Mara and am much happier.  

I may just do that fairly soon.

Very nice, I love seeing everyone's new set ups. Makes me feel like I'm spending money lol

• Haha 1

ECM Mechanika IV Profi + Comandante Hand Grinder

Aero Press, Mokka Pot

On 06/10/2020 at 19:58, Andyz said:

Very nice, I love seeing everyone's new set ups. Makes me feel like I'm spending money lol

Well it definitely felt like I was spending money when I bought it all.

Hopefully I'm all set for a little while now though 😜

...... although there always seems to be something else I "need".

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...