Ramsays £19 brekkie

Served at the Savoy, I thought this comment was insightful and I only wanted to add...where's the white and brown toast butter and Marmalade (or Lembas Bread)....Tis truly a different world for the rich and famous. Punching down "that's a damn fine meal and good value too", punching up "please sir, can I have some more".

image.thumb.png.f0890d615ef7445fe902b537db6fd66e.png

Aaaand the fried bread...2 triangles.

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 2

English breakfast = massively overrated. There, I said it. 

If pushed: scrap the bacon altogether and load up with sausages. Hash browns are essential. 

Decent DE1XL ++ Niche Zero ++ Aeropress ++ V60

Coffee by the Casuals

Yeah crispy hash browns are essential.  And i also prefer beans in a seperate bowl as they make hash browns soggy in the same plate 😂

Edited by Inspector
  • Like 1

Gaggia Classic 2010 PID(IMS 200µm shower screen&Brass Dispersion Plate&OPV and Steam Wand Modded) | Kinu M47 V3 Niche Zero White | Bottomless Portafilter&VST Ridgeless 18gr & 22gr  | MouMou 58mm Distribution Tool | 2X 64oz Airscapes & CoffeeVac

Looks lovely imho.

Putting the beans in their own raft is a pro-touch.

I bet it's decent fare as well, none of yer over nitrated bacon and such.

Eggs done perfectly.  And i bet the tea is top notch too.

Grilled tommy for a well rounded breakfast. 

£12 in a Little Chef or this? i know which one i would choose :)

👌

• Like 1

I'm ok with fried bread too 🙂

• Like 2

Gaggia Classic 2010 PID(IMS 200µm shower screen&Brass Dispersion Plate&OPV and Steam Wand Modded) | Kinu M47 V3 Niche Zero White | Bottomless Portafilter&VST Ridgeless 18gr & 22gr  | MouMou 58mm Distribution Tool | 2X 64oz Airscapes & CoffeeVac

9 minutes ago, mctrials23 said:

I mean, a full english should be £5 and include your daily calories in one hit shouldn't it?

Not going to lie, I love a black pudding and hash brown and anyone who doesn't use HP sauce with their fry up should be shot.

You have to stir the HP sauce into your yolk a little bit to form a well you can dip yer sausages and bacon into.. I don't like one big shroom, I like a pile of button mushrooms (I have this thing about the mushroom compost not being washed out of the gills).

Baked beans should be on the plate and the plate made huge if necessary...I hate it when they are in a space capsule awaiting breakfast re-entry....even worse when they are in a ramekin bowl with the dirty outside plonked into the middle of your breakfast.

P.S. If possible I like my sausages skinned before cooking...god knows what sausage skins are made out of nowadays, canvas or kevlar?

P.P.S. Another pet hate...people who have baked beans....AND use ketchup...philistines.

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 2
12 minutes ago, mctrials23 said:

I mean, a full english should be £5 and include your daily calories in one hit shouldn't it?

Not going to lie, I love a black pudding and hash brown and anyone who doesn't use HP sauce with their fry up should be shot.

Brown sauce if there are tomatoes. Red sauce if not (like a bacon butty).

on further inspection, i thought the mushroom was a slice of pudding so i would agree to that substitution.

Hash browns are filler. 

• Like 1

I wanted to send Ramsay a personal e-mail to show him what I'd expect as the absolute Minimum for a £19 brekkie...OK it's not perfect but you have to admit, it's getting there!

maxresdefault.jpg

or this

VuX9haxg.jpg

Or preferably both and for desert....one of these......<clear>

IN-C029-Cheap-Medical-Equipment-AED-Defi

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
25 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

Baked beans should be on the plate and the plate made huge if necessary...I hate it when they are in a space capsule awaiting breakfast re-entry...

How long can you keep your beans in a hopper before they go off?

Rocket R58, Eureka Helios 80, Aeropress, Hario Mini Mill, cafelat tamping mat and large tubbi knock box, Reg Barber tamper, Airscape storage, homemade leather grinder tray, Hario V60 drip scale, Brewista Smart Scale V1 and V2

Ah, I do miss a proper fry up sometimes after stopping eating meat at the start of the year.

Had to have inch thick black pudding, thick cut dry cure bacon that wasn’t water/nitrite injected into oblivion. The kind of fried bread you could snap tapping it in the plate. Bubble and squeak was a surprisingly good addition as well.

On a more international breakfast theme, my wife sometimes thinks wistfully of the  “square sausage” in buttered Scotch rolls she had in Glasgow as a kid.

I must also confess to liking hash browns, home fries and maple syrup covered pancakes...😢

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Northern_Monkey said:

Ah, I do miss a proper fry up sometimes after stopping eating meat at the start of the year.

Had to have inch thick black pudding, thick cut dry cure bacon that wasn’t water/nitrite injected into oblivion. The kind of fried bread you could snap tapping it in the plate. Bubble and squeak was a surprisingly good addition as well.

On a more international breakfast theme, my wife sometimes thinks wistfully of the  “square sausage” in buttered Scotch rolls she had in Glasgow as a kid.

I must also confess to liking hash browns, home fries and maple syrup covered pancakes...😢

Out of curiosity, what is your version of "bubble and squeak" ?

@Blue_Cafe - It varies depending upon what leftovers are knocking round from the dinner the night before really. 

Fry chopped onions, add any leftover greens like leeks, kale, cabbage, broccoli or peas. Add in your leftover mashed potato and mix through with S&P, when the bottom crisps and almost catches then fold it in and keep going or stick the pan in the oven.

1 hour ago, filthynines said:

Neither are sausages, I suspect...

You only get Hash Browns. No Cumberland, Pork, Beef etc so on an English breakfast, as far as I am concerned you get English sausages!

26 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

I wanted to send Ramsay a personal e-mail to show him what I'd expect as the absolute Minimum for a £19 brekkie...OK it's not perfect but you have to admit, it's getting there!

VuX9haxg.jpg

That'll do for me! Mug of tea on the side and I'm set for the day.

Profitec Pro 600, Eureka Atom 65 Specialita, Aeropress, Z1Presso JX-Pro

1 hour ago, filthynines said:

Neither are sausages, I suspect...

Fun fact, not a single piece of that breakfast can claim to be British. Mix them all together...that's the British part.

It does look lovely, I'm sure it's very tasty. I used to eat breakfast at The Wolseley a lot, they would mixed British and European components, it was amazing.

• Like 1

Sage Barista Express.

Needs fried bread otherwise spot on.
Beans separate is a great idea. If not you have to use a sausage as a breakwater between them and the egg. I may want to mix them but I want that to be my decision.

Classic Partridge, lovely stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 2

Niche Grinder, Decent Espresso tamper, V60, CCD, Aeropress, French Press, Moka pot, Kinu M47, Feldgrind, Porlex Mini, Kawasaki Versys 650 mk1

41 minutes ago, Northern_Monkey said:

..😢

Hold on a moment...... just updating ignore list....done! ;)

• Haha 1

Hash browns are an American aboration, no place on a full English.

Recently in Wales we were frequently offered a full "Welsh", which in 5 out 6 places we stayed was no different to a full English.  In one place we were offered a lavabread potato cake which was a delicious addition.

• Haha 1