Do my ears deceive me?

1 hour ago, The Systemic Kid said:

Another wonderful GM anecdote. George, as part of Cool Britannia, was invited to Downing St just after Blair won his first landslide election victory in 1997. At the time, Blair walked on water. Interviewed after the No 10 bash, George was asked what he thought of Bair. His reply; 'not the sharpest knife in the box'. For George to suss that out when all and sundry were fawning over Blair is testament to his independence of thought and opinion. A troubled genius sorely missed.

This is indeed a great story. For a person of his calibre, so generous, he has taken too much unfair treatment. Not to mention his immense musical talent. Humans can be very cruel. 
in a way Yoko deserves a good word (I know difficult to put these in the same sentence) as owing to her dreadful performance i happened to learn this story. 

• Haha 1

Nothing succeeds as planned.

ACS Vesuvius, Nuova Simonelli Apia I 1 gr, San Remo 1 gr., Bezzera BZ35e, Fracino Heavenly, Saeco Via Veneto Combi de Luxe, Mythos Plus Nuova Simonelli, Anfim Super Lusso, Cunill Space, Gene Cafe

I think Milli Vanilli might exceed it, on the basis they never sang a note! In a way it wasn't even their fault.

Edited by DavecUK

My first contact - and only - was when I was about 16 years old and bought this CD (so no, I was not 16 in 1968).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rolling_Stones_Rock_and_Roll_Circus

it’s a cracking piece, and features John Lennon, Eric Clapton, The Who and even Mariane Faithful. 

Yoko takes part in one of the songs. She just screams. It’s dreadful.

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

22 minutes ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

My first contact - and only - was when I was about 16 years old and bought this CD (so no, I was not 16 in 1968).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rolling_Stones_Rock_and_Roll_Circus

it’s a cracking piece, and features John Lennon, Eric Clapton, The Who and even Mariane Faithful. 

Yoko takes part in one of the songs. She just screams. It’s dreadful.

How on Earth can she end up on a CD with musicians of this league?

ACS Vesuvius, Nuova Simonelli Apia I 1 gr, San Remo 1 gr., Bezzera BZ35e, Fracino Heavenly, Saeco Via Veneto Combi de Luxe, Mythos Plus Nuova Simonelli, Anfim Super Lusso, Cunill Space, Gene Cafe

1 hour ago, DavecUK said:

I think Milli Vanilli might exceed it, on the basis they never sang a note! In a way it wasn't even their fault.

Dave if she didn't sing a note it would have been better. But she is so pro=active.

17 minutes ago, John Yossarian said:

How on Earth can she end up on a CD with musicians of this league?

Rumour has it she was going out with one of the guys.... 😂

• Like 1

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

1 hour ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

Rumour has it she was going out with one of the guys.... 😂

Lots of strange things happen in life, at work sometimes people promoted to their own level of incompetence, the spice girls, I believe only 2 of them could sing properly, actors who can't act. Lots of people in jobs they shouldn't be in...Yoko is just one in a long list of people.

Often their admirers and supporters keep them there. I looked it up on the internet, and she actually sells albums and records..Some people really like it. To us, what sounds and looks ridiculous, is admired by supporters who are clearly heavily biased. I suppose this drives her belief in her ability as a performer.

image.png.1ffa65010be662b6cdb3d87c6921f5f6.png

Edited by DavecUK
  • 2 months later...

i haven't listened/watched the other ones (yet) but that old fart just impressed the hell out of me....i genuinely thought he was lip-synching....until i read the comments :classic_ohmy:....if i had my hat on i'd have doffed it to him....3 million views as well £££

EDIT :- just listened to some more by Santa/Gandalf and wow...just wow.....if hope he does Breaking The Law and then nails it; i'd be complete.

Edited by Rumpelstiltskin
Granpa was just too good not to comment further

Recipe for success :- take 1 Sage machine, 1 flame, 5 litres of petrol and mix...add more petrol if required.