Lelit Owners and Potential Owners

7 minutes ago, Doram said:

1. Integrated scales in the drip tray?

2. A deal with Niche to sell a Mara X/NZ package, as this seems like the current hottest pair? (if these are stupid ideas - then it's a joke ;-))

1. Already have some ideas for this....mentioned to them last year (good to know its something that's wanted though).

2. Niche march to their own drummer (I can't broker anything there)...they don't really seem to need to do deals,  especially as they have a waitlist for grinders.

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 1
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In late October I will be visiting Lelit in Milan and spending a few days in the factory with the owner and designers of the machines. It will be to look at the ideas for, and some actual, prototype n

Simple thing that could be improved is to start using externally accessible OPVs like in ECM machines.

yes, but if I was planning to make a few lattes and the warning came on after pulling the first coffee, would i have enough to pull the rest and steam the milk? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted Images

i can't remember if i asked this before...is there a reason the Sage thermojet-style technology cannot be refined to provide the temperature stability/control of an HX or dual-boiler machine?

i'm a complete luddite when it comes to this but the 3-second startup time is pretty amazing, and i assume whatever compromises exist at the moment can be engineered around to be less...compromised.

40 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

1. Already have some ideas for this....mentioned to them last year (good to know its something that's wanted though).

2. Niche march to their own drummer (I can't broker anything there)...they don't really seem to need to do deals,  especially as they have a waitlist for grinders.

1. Good to know I am thinking like the giants. 🙂

2. Fair point. Doesn't mean we can't want it. 🙂

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, facboy said:

i can't remember if i asked this before...is there a reason the Sage thermojet-style technology cannot be refined to provide the temperature stability/control of an HX or dual-boiler machine?

i'm a complete luddite when it comes to this but the 3-second startup time is pretty amazing, and i assume whatever compromises exist at the moment can be engineered around to be less...compromised.

To implement it so that it works is extremely difficult. This is because you have variable flow rates and the heat capacity of the system to try and cater for. e.g. it doesn't heat up and cool down instantaneously. With a large boiler that's not such a problem.

In fact there are some other problems...because then the concept of an independently heated group raises it's head and that must be PID controlled. All this effort would be better put into a well designed saturated group....which we don't have on the lower cost prosumer kit...yet.

Edited by DavecUK

I have a mara, but a have a generic suggestion (if it doesn't already exist?). an improved version of an e61 brewhead thermometer. One that can time a shot and counts shots too (so I know when to clean)...and ideally looks like part of the original machine...

• Like 1
Just now, htr said:

I have a mara, but a have a generic suggestion (if it doesn't already exist?). an improved version of an e61 brewhead thermometer. One that can time a shot and counts shots too (so I know when to clean)...and ideally looks like part of the original machine...

Well... If it has an LLC (like other Lelit Machines).... The shot counter comes for free.... 🙂 

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

new elizabeth owner:
agree with the comment on the tamper.
also would be good it it was easier to check the water tank level, or ideally if on power up it indicated tank level (full, 3/4, etc. )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, eamon said:

new elizabeth owner:
agree with the comment on the tamper.
also would be good it it was easier to check the water tank level, or ideally if on power up it indicated tank level (full, 3/4, etc. )

Doesn't your machine warn you the water is low before completely stopping dispensing water?

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Doesn't your machine warn you the water is low before completely stopping dispensing water?

yes, but if I was planning to make a few lattes and the warning came on after pulling the first coffee, would i have enough to pull the rest and steam the milk?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

yes, but if I was planning to make a few lattes and the warning came on after pulling the first coffee, would i have enough to pull the rest and steam the milk?

Good suggestion ... and I've only got a Marax so unlikely to benefit

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Separate water tanks and paths for a service and brew boiler. I know, it's never going to happen. I have considered modding a machine in the past but like most of my considerations involving taking a coffee machine out of action I never bothered. I remineralise water specifically for brewing but have to limit hardness because of the operating temps in a service boilers. Bottled water is a bit of a waste in service boilers, even if it starts out 'boiler safe' it won't take long using it for it not to be. It's still necessary to flush and probably descale occasionally unless you really keep on top of it. The best solution is to remineralise DI or RO water only with bicarbonates but for making coffee I find calcium or magnesium improves the flavour. So separate water tanks...

Edited by Rob1
  • Like 2

ACS Minima (Beta) with Bianca Paddle -- Reskinned Ceado E8, Niche Zero --- Gene Cafe CBR101 with Dimmer Mod and Bean Mass Probe

WATER CALCULATOR

Why have visible water levels when you can have a flow meter that measures exactly how much water is used per day which is then used to display an average water consumption stat together with the remaining water supply measured by conductivity. It could even be set to display an alert if the remaining water drops below the daily consumption stat. Just a bit unnecessary, but cool.

Edited by Rob1

ACS Minima (Beta) with Bianca Paddle -- Reskinned Ceado E8, Niche Zero --- Gene Cafe CBR101 with Dimmer Mod and Bean Mass Probe

WATER CALCULATOR

I'd love for some other brands to do the same as Bezzera and develop their own (external) group head with heating elements. A Lelit with a clever group head that heats accordingly and accurately to enable fast heat up time and temperature stability would be the dream.

Otherwise, of you get the impression that they're lame, just suggest the solenoid E61 :classic_angry:

Edited by rxmnt
2 minutes ago, rxmnt said:

I'd love for some other brands to do the same as Bezzera and develop their own (external) group head with heating elements. A Lelit with a clever group head that heats accordingly and accurately to enable fast heat up time and temperature stability would be the dream.

Otherwise, of you get the impression that they're lame, just suggest the solenoid E61 :classic_angry:

I don't think cartridge heated groups were invented by Bezzera. I know the Xenia has a heated group, same for the Sage DB. Not sure they're the best solution, more parts to go wrong that are harder to get hold of than standard E61 parts. Would be nice to see more saturated groups though. 

WATER CALCULATOR

7 minutes ago, rxmnt said:

A Lelit with a clever group head that heats accordingly and accurately to enable fast heat up time and temperature stability would be the dream.

That's the Lelit Elizabeth? 🙂 

1 minute ago, skylark said:

Is that the one which you'd choose over a Marax / niche combo though emoji57.png

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

That's my setup, yes. Niche + Elizabeth. Fast Heat up time (17min from cold to stable), accurate temperature control, pre-infusion, amazing steaming (140C, approx. 2 bar). Would I chose it over a MaraX? Depends what you want. I value Fast Heat up time and being compact, so that ticked many of the boxes for me.

Edited by MediumRoastSteam

5 minutes ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

That's the Lelit Elizabeth? 🙂 

Sorry, I don't know what the correct term is, but what I meant was an 'external', E61-like group head.

Edited by rxmnt
  • Like 1

@DavecUK - Also a query on their pre-infusion approach on their lower range semi automatic models with brew switches. I think I read somewhere it does it via a low pressure say 2bar preinfusion and then vents it to the drip tray before ramping up again to the full brew pressure.

Just curious about it destabilising the puck or not including first drips in the shot if that is the case?

Would be nicer if the could ramp up without any venting etc.

Edited by Northern_Monkey
6 minutes ago, spasypaddy said:

ah yes this is what i want on a marax. the LLC

Actually, my mistake: It's LCC (Lelit Control Centre). As opposed to "Limited Liability Company" 🙂 (American term).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Northern_Monkey said:

@DavecUK - Also a query on their pre-infusion approach on their lower range semi automatic models with brew switches. I think I read somewhere it does it via a low pressure say 2bar preinfusion and then vents it to the drip tray before ramping up again to the full brew pressure.

Just curious about it destabilising the puck or not including first drips in the shot if that is the case?

I will ask, but those machines don't really reach my interest radar. I think they know that as well.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Northern_Monkey said:

Just for clarity, this is NOT the case with the Elizabeth. It does NOT vent to the drip tray before ramping up. But you are right: I think you are referring to this post: 

• Thanks 1