IGNORED

What do I need to use a US Plug machine?

HI, been after a decent auto drop filter machine for a while and come across one on eBay for what seems to be really cheap and new.

The machine is a Brazen Behmor for £50 new, the catch? It has a US plug...

Will I be able to just use a travel plug adapter and it will work fine? Or will I need to get a voltage converter step down etc?

Thanks! Hoping the US plug situation doesn't stop this being a bargain!

51 minutes ago, Lovelock said:

Ah balls! Sometimes you win... not this time.

Stupid me thought I could use a small plug sized transformer, a bit of research shows the needed one for this would be massive!

I'll now be trying to sell a US Plug Brazen if anyone wants it 😶

another option is to get hold of a second hand 110v step down transformer ok they are a bit of a chunk but it would work, if you are local to devon I will give you one 

5 hours ago, andy bev said:

another option is to get hold of a second hand 110v step down transformer ok they are a bit of a chunk but it would work, if you are local to devon I will give you one 

Thanks but I'll just sell it sadly.

Wanted it to sit nicely in my kitchen, I've used the big yellow boxes for power tools before and they are noisy as hell!

On 09/09/2020 at 15:35, Lovelock said:

Wanted it to sit nicely in my kitchen, I've used the big yellow boxes for power tools before and they are noisy as hell!

There are smaller transformers out there, depending on what power this machine actually needs - and at least my Toroidy transformer isn't too noisy (it does still have a slight buzz, mostly when not loaded, but it's not loud - but I do also disconnect it when not in use).

This machine looks like it's 1.4kW, and you generally want some margin for a transformer, and 1.5kW/2kW transformers will cost around twice as much as what you paid, so probably not worth it.