IGNORED

Decent Auto Drip / Filter Machine

I'm usually doing a moka pot or AP but the Mrs have just started to enjoy black coffee at her work.

This is a big win for me, but she's really keen on having that film style where they wake up in the morning to a fresh pot of coffee brewing on a timer or popping it on in the afternoon for family etc. I don't want to ruin her experience of home coffee and fresh beans etc with a poor machine.

I'm looking for a half decent filter machine (ideally with timer) to use at home, the SCA approved are either not available in the UK easily or are £200+...

Our budget for this is around £60, based in Hampshire to collect but obviously can pay postage.

I'm hoping someone has a Bonavita or Moccamaster hanging around!

My rabbit hole of drip machines has led me to believe the £30 Amazon machines (Russel Hobbs etc) don't hit the right temperate or water dispersion pattern etc.

Closest available to me that looks half decent is a Grind and Brew by Cuisinart but the inbuilt grinder is never advised.

Thanks.

Edited by Lovelock

Once you you five posts. Have a look in the for sales there are two Moccamaster for sale, even new ones on Amazon pop up mine was £150.

My best advice - you will likely be disappointed with a £60 brewer so save up unless you find an absolute bargain Moccamaster or Wilfa.

If you can't wait I would buy this - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Melitta-1011-16-Machine-Insulated-Selector/dp/B00R7HKARM

I have never used it so can't really comment on what it is like but it is at least a thermal jug rather than a hot plate and it is made by Melitta so it might be reasonable. It has timer too.

www.blackcatcoffee.co.uk

Coffee | Espresso Machines | Grinders | Accessories

Izzo Vivi, Alex and Alex Duetto in stock now!

We have the Melitta and think it's ok. Saving up for an upgrade but this machine and a half decent grinder isn't the worse place to start. We use paper filters or a mesh filter depending on what we think tastes better for different beans

Edited by BaristaofBards
  • About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

Donate / Sponsor

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo