IGNORED

Londinium 1 basket recommendations

I have recently got myself an L1. So far I'm loving it. 

I noticed the baskets were a bit crappy so I have bought an LM 17g. 

I'm loading it with 16 g of coffee. I'm having to grind loads finer now. I think maybe the 15g would be a better bet.

What do most of you use? Any advice appreciated. Thanks

Reiss, when he launched the LI, was dosing at 15grms but that was with medium plus roasts. With lighter roasts, I dose 18-19grms > 36-38grms. With medium to dark roasts you can pull ristretto shots 1:1.5 as those roasts extract more easily than lighter roasts. 

• Thanks 1

Screenshot 2021-04-29 at 17.29.11.png

For what it's worth, I use 15g VST baskets dosed with ~15g for all of my L1 (2016) shots, from light to med/dark. (The "~" signals that I sometimes reduce the quantity of grinds to ~14.5g when using coarser grinds with darker roasts.) I dial-in to a 2:1 ratio, and then experiment with variations. This works for me with very light roasts, but one of these days I'll get around to trying 18g doses in a bigger basket to see what difference that makes.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

Donate / Sponsor

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo