IGNORED

Urgent HELP required

Rincewind

@Batian many thanks for that bro, i'll do exactly that now.

@DavecUK having just gone through some of that info on the link you sent; there's a bit that states; quote..."Your refund must include any shipping charges you paid when you made your purchase. However, the trader may charge you delivery costs if you specifically requested non-standard delivery (such as express delivery). .."

just looking at my order and i paid £13.99 for PRIMESHIPPING ....is this classed as non-standard as per the above ?

47 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin said:

@Batian many thanks for that bro, i'll do exactly that now.

@DavecUK having just gone through some of that info on the link you sent; there's a bit that states; quote..."Your refund must include any shipping charges you paid when you made your purchase. However, the trader may charge you delivery costs if you specifically requested non-standard delivery (such as express delivery). .."

just looking at my order and i paid £13.99 for PRIMESHIPPING ....is this classed as non-standard as per the above ?

Only if they actually shipped, if they have not shipped and you cancelled in writing, then unless they could prove they shipped before they could have reasonably seen your email, it would be difficult to not refund your special shipping for something they have not incurred a charge for.

As they don't have a cancellation form or process on their website, or in their T&Cs, then it's tricky for them to claim you didn't follow any process. You need to be careful and make sure you understand what your credit card company are telling you as temp might mean authorised and the company can still charge your card!

Edited by DavecUK
  • Thanks 1

CFUK, the biggest, best and most friendly forum in the UK...with a wealth of knowledge among its many members.

1 minute ago, filthynines said:

Hi @Rumpelstiltskin - I’ve seen this, though I am away at the moment. Give me a couple of days and I’ll have a read and see what’s what 

Cheers pal, it's much appreciated...i PM'd you a while back regarding this sorry state of affairs...again many thanks indeed.

@DavecUK i was hoping that i didn't have to do anything r.e. written word/letter as time to send+Bank Holiday (it wouldn't arrive in time) etc. etc.....i live too far North to justify popping down and posting a letter through their letter-box....if i was  closer then i would.....hopefully my e-mails (which i've kept everything) are proof-enough...i was a bit confused r.e the 45 days bit whilst i was in conversation with the lady at the credit card company and i should have asked more questions in regards to this 45 day bit; but i wasn't quite thinking straight at the time.

4 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

Hard copy shouldn't be necessary when we have electronic communication.

I agree...hopefully fingers crossed it shouldn't have to come to the old-fashioned way of communication methods....letters are so outdated lol.

Many thanks for your input Dave 😊

7 hours ago, Mrboots2u said:

First search hit t on forum is this , you can do no more , if people ignore the advice in this thread then it’s up to them 

Oh my god i'm halfway through this TrustPilot website (many thanks @Mrboots2u for the link) and i'm having to stop, walk away and try to steady my nerves...the TrustPilot review about them reads like a very graphic horror novel; i actually feel sick in my stomach.....i need a coffee...ooops i can't as i have no machine !! ....Shiraz it is then ;-)

UPDATE:-

Some light at the end of the tunnel; i received an e-mail reply to one of my "stronger worded" e-mails this morning saying my order has been cancelled....strange as when i log into my account it's still showing up as PROCESSING !! ........i'll not count my chickens just yet; i'll wait, watch and remain vigilant for a few days.

Well this wasn't the start to my coffee journey i was expecting 😲

Onward and upward.

31 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin said:

UPDATE:-

Some light at the end of the tunnel; i received an e-mail reply to one of my "stronger worded" e-mails this morning saying my order has been cancelled....strange as when i log into my account it's still showing up as PROCESSING !! ........i'll not count my chickens just yet; i'll wait, watch and remain vigilant for a few days.

Well this wasn't the start to my coffee journey i was expecting 😲

Onward and upward.

Good new, keep an eye on the refund for any levied “admin” fee that they try and pass off to you .

The bianca is a good machine , these box shifters abroad are not worth saving the few pennies on . 

Cheers @Mrboots2u i shall be keeping my eyes wide open; i'd read on that TrustPilot site last night some of the tactics these plebs tried it on with, levied charges being one of them. Once a short cooling off period has elapsed i shall be contacting BB for a Bianca; i have a kitchen corner filled with Lelit accessories but no machine.

I'm glad to see that it looks like things are moving in the right direction for you now. What a freaking run-around. 

I ordered a different machine from a company over here in June and was more than a little 🤨 when I heard nothing for a week from them. I did notice that it said "on back-order" when I placed the order, so I assumed it'd be a little slower than if they had it marked as in stock. 

Here's the contrast: A fortnight in to my wait, I did some googling and found no-one had the machine in stock (bc they're made in Milan, and well....coronavirus). I gave them a call and they said things were up in the air and they'd call me back. Called back 2 hours later and said there wouldn't be a shipment to them from Italy for the next week or so because limited production meant more sporadic deliveries. Said they'd keep in touch. I messaged them on Facebook 10 days later and said "I know things are weird, but any chance of a ballpark on that delivery date?"  They got straight back to me and told me they'd just been talking about me, bc the machine had arrived. I got it the next day. 

So their communication wasn't ideal but they never ignored me, and I (like you) was a little stressed by spending a lot of money and seeing nothing for it. 

I'm really sorry about your Dad, mine passed away in May, so I know that this kind of added stress is no help at all. 

Hopefully you'll have a lovely machine from BB soon and can distract yourself a little by making all the coffee drinks.

• Like 1

I didn't have any constructive advice to offer but hopefully you're well on the way to getting sorted and eventually contacting Bella Barista to get a nice machine. Sorry you had to go through this at such a time in your life, condolences.

• Like 1

Sage Barista Express, Mazzer Royal w/ DW Kit.

Hope this all resolves itself pretty quickly, but happy to help on the Credit Card company side as that's the sort of thing I used to do before moving role.

Basics are, provided criteria are met then the card issuer and the retailer are both equally liable for the full amount. So, if you've followed the consumer regs regards cancelling (which it seems you have), then if the retailer don't get their act together you can simply complain via the card company. There's no requirement (despite what the card company may claim) to have exhausted (nor even attempted) to resolve with the retailer. So, if you want, you could contact the card issuer (via email is fine) , explain the retailer failed to complete the dispatch of goods in a timely fashion, and so you've exercised your rights to cancel the goods which the retailer has acknowledged, and therefore you require the card issuer to refund the amount under section 75 of the consumer credit act. they'll also then not charge any interest on that transaction whilst being investigated etc.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the kind words chaps; it means a lot.

I spent most of last night (not slept much past couple of days) reading/researching etc. etc. and learned there was a difference between "chargeback and Section 75"....the reviews on the TrustPilot helped immensely, certainly opened my eyes. I now see in hindsight that they who shall remain nameless are AFRAID of TrustPilot...this wee little site that i was aware of (but never really had/felt the need for) is a nemesis to them....they tried to (on nearly all their replies) twist the facts or respond nastily. I think IMO TrustPilot should (although i haven't used them yet) have a "follow up" section (instead of UPDATE to a post) for reviewers to respond to any/and/or replies that said "sharks" reply to. They seem rather keen on "reporting" (or trying to) posts that aren't a 1 star or above. I noticed their favourite tactic was "order number" not being supplied by the poster; it was their cop-out excuse to say that the poster was talking bollox. When (and i WILL) do a review about these bell-ends i will put my order number in said review and links/suggestions for readers/viewers to go and look at my "screen-shots" that i will be putting online somewhere. It's a game of sorts with these *ankers and as is the case with all games you have a better chance once you are familiar with the "rules" to said game. I will go through all of the negative posts; see where the poster made a mistake that resulted in a snarky reply, take note and "compose" my review very very carefully. Name and shame is the name of the game now.

mmmm interesting article @DavecUK ....i may follow your (future wifey said similar) advice; it depends upon wether i've clamed down in a few days or not....i have an deadline approaching (2nd Sept) upon which i re-contact British Airways "again"  and see what BS excuse this reputable company is going to give me this time as to why 5 weeks later they "still" haven't refunded my £4.5K !!

When someone is forcing a Gimp Mask upon you, bending you over and politely asking you how you would like to "take it" ?  there comes a point (IMO) when you have to make a choice/stand and ask yourself how much do you really want "to take it".

The article FWIW i thought (YMMV) was one mans blog/rant at someone (Trustpilot/Yell) who had left him a negative review for his services. I can see that he's decided enough is enough and that he's not going to "take it" so to speak; ergo his one-man crusade to humiliate Trustpilot/Yell and show them (other business's are available) up for what they are. One of the comments at the bottom summed it up for me; words along the lines of "it's all about the money".

The lyrics in one of my favourite songs springs to mind at the moment ......"Who do you trust when everyone's a crook?" (Queensryche-Revolution Calling)