IGNORED

Urgent HELP required

Rincewind

Hi all,

i desperately need advice. I won't name the company on the off-chance they read/frequent this forum and i don't wont to give them any heads up. The company in question is C***** I***** as referenced by Erky32 on the 29th July in this very section. Please can you not mention them in any replies in case they are "Gooooogling for their name"; call me paranoid but this has turned into a small nightmare and i have enough on my mind at the moment.

Anyhow here goes:please bare with me:- 9 days ago i odered an espresso machine :- the one with the WOODEN flow paddle on the group head and a circular LLC on the left hand side (check my previous posts and you'll see the make and model named); i did this online with my credit card as i will not buy anything over £500 with PayPal; this company "offers" a 2.5% incentive on the price if you use a "bank-transfer" (this partly got me worried i.e. why? the reduction...no protection possibly ?).

Several days passed and no e-mail no nothing, especially as they say the courier will contact you regarding delivery. I decided to ring them directly; was told that my order was being shipped and that i will get it in a day or two....i waited; nothing, nada, zilch........i rang them up again; was told i needed to e-mail them requesting a "tracking-number" (i've never had to do this before)....i  e-mailed them about delivery date etc.and could they please give me the tracking number ; no reply !....this process was repeated 3 times. Now alarm bells are ringing as i've just shelled out £1821 and had just searched this forum for anything about them only to find "horror-stories" abouth them...i wished i'd have checked this section beforehand; but it's too late now.

I e-mailed asking can they urgently contact me regarding this order....nothing...jack-shit...it's as if they don't exist or are blatantly ignoring me. I suffer from depression/panic attacks and i'm doing my best to remain calm and avoid going into full meltdown.

Thursday i rang them again...met with answer-phone, rang again a while later to be met again by answer-phone....strange methinks; they answered on previous occassions...so i decided to add the 141 to the beginning of their phone number; they answered immediately !! ....i asked about my order, "what machine was it" (no order number/name was asked for)...it's the B****a i replied, to which he instantly went on the "ahh we are having problems yada yada yada"...in other words they NEVER had it in stock in the 1st place; yet advertised they did AND took my money. I instantly recognised BS and said "stop stop stop, this isn't good enough please cancel my order Imme" brrrr the phone was dead !! WTF this arsehole had put the phone down on me !!

I immediately e-mailed them asking them to cancel my order effective immediately...funnily enough there is NO CANCEL button/tab in My Account section of their website !!

This same e-mail was repeated 3 times during Thursday...one of them was done under a different e-mail address in case they were blocking my e-mails i.e they can't claim they didn't get my e-mail.

Friday:- no e-mails...nothing !! Friday afternoon i rang the credit-card company and told them i may have been the victim of fraud and can they cancel the payment (even though it's gone through)...they did so and told me it would take upto 3 days for it to re-appear back on my card....but that said C***** I***** could refute the payment (something to do with 45 days), but i told them i had NOT received the goods for which i'd paid for and wasn't i legally entitled to cancel ? She said yes but they still could get my money...this is just BS in my eyes and now i'm proper panicking....i don't want this machine considering how i've been dealt with and i have no faith in them after reading the horror-stories r.e. warranty (should it be required).

Later on yesterday i was informed my dad had passed away, so as you can imagine i'm now not a happy bunny and i'm certainly in no mood to be pissed about with some company who are in my opinion either just plain ignorant/thieves (took my money-no goods delivered) and just a complete nightmare to deal with....how are they allowed to do this.

An hour ago i received an e-mail (to my request for a tracking number) reply...no mention of CANCELLATION....stating that my "Your order will be despatched at the beginning of next week, many thanks for your patience" ....no tracking number, no who is going to deliver it, nothing...wtf !!

This idiot is either having a laugh or trying my patience...i replied in big letters "Please cancel this order effective immediately" ...just re-checked and yepp you guessed it; no-reply came the answer.

My apologies for such a long winded post but my head is all over the place at the moment and i'm at a loss as what to do or where i stand; i'd appreciate any advice/suggestions.

Many many thanks in advance....Darren.

How have you actually paid for this item contact your credit card company if this way . 

you will end up paying them the shipping fee back I suspect as it is in their t and c from previous experiences 

sorry to say there is plenty of horror stores about this company if you do a little digging before purchase . 
they get away with it ,as people keep taking the risk of saving a few quid and not doing research or ignoring any stuff they read from other customers .

Edited by Mrboots2u

Hi, many thanks for the reply....yeah i've already paid and it's gone through/been processed nad yeah i contacted the credit card company....it's now showing up on my credit card (as temp) but i'm worried these turkeys will still somehow get my money.

4 minutes ago, TomHughes said:

It's shocking they are allowed to advertise on here!

4 minutes ago, TomHughes said:

It's shocking they are allowed to advertise on here!

First search hit t on forum is this , you can do no more , if people ignore the advice in this thread then it’s up to them 

Edited by Mrboots2u

I think they stopped advertising on here. Trust your credit card company matey. Once you have applied for a charge back the money will be returned to you as the liability is with your card company

• Like 2

L A L A T C...........29 and counting

@Rumpelstiltskin - sorry to hear about your bad experience and your dad. 

When you get your money back, check here:

https://www.bellabarista.co.uk/brands/lelit-bianca-dual-boiler-paddle-pl162t.html

you won’t be disappointed with their before and after sales services. Second to none. I’ve been a customer of their for the past 8 years, bought 6 machines in total (grinders, coffee machines, roasters) and they are always on the other end, before and after, in case you need help. 

Edited by MediumRoastSteam
  • Like 1

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

Straight out the CI play book.

I suspect they hold little if any stock and peoples orders just have to wait after they are placed for as long as it takes to have them fulfilled by the manufacturer or possible a third party. This is speculation although it would seem to fit perfectly what I read about them.

What I can say though if it brings you a small amount of comfort is that you likely will eventually get your machine although it could be a matter of months. It will probably ship direct from Italy and if something does go wrong you will get zero support.

Try your best to get a charge back done through your credit card company and use a reputable UK based company that offers support and physically holds stock.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin said:

Hi, many thanks for the reply....yeah i've already paid and it's gone through/been processed nad yeah i contacted the credit card company....it's now showing up on my credit card (as temp) but i'm worried these turkeys will still somehow get my money.

I think what I can gather is these guys are just a bad company as opposed to trying to fleece people. I think eventually you will get your machine or your money, but I'd be trying to get the money as heaven forbid anything goes wrong with the machine.

Cheers guys...yeah i'm hoping the credit card company doesn't let me down (showing up as temp refunded) and i'm gratefull for being "protected" by using my card.

I'm guilty of trying to save a few quid and i'm also guilty of not reading the forum r.e. said company; but it's too late now the deed is done...once bitten twice shy etc. etc.

@MediumRoastSteam many thanks for your kind words; it's much appreciated. i was going to order said machine yesterday but after talking with the nice lady on the credit card company i asked could i still use my card whilst this was going on (claim back) and order from another company (i.e. BellaBarista) she said yes; although i may end up with 2 machines....until i see a "cancelled order" with these idiots then i will instantly order from BellaBarista.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TomHughes said:

I think what I can gather is these guys are just a bad company as opposed to trying to fleece people. I think eventually you will get your machine or your money, but I'd be trying to get the money as heaven forbid anything goes wrong with the machine.

The time, energy, stress, worry etc people are subjected to under these circumstances is tantamount - frankly sometimes worse than - being fleeced out of a purchase. 

As others have said, your credit card company will handle this for you, try not to be too unsettled by it. 

What a horrible experience. I am sorry to hear about your dad too, a difficult enough time without this hanging over you. Everything crossed you will be back here posting you’ve got the refund before too long :)

• Like 1

@MildredM many thanks for your kind words. Hopefully this nightmare will end....i have no intention of signing for this parcel ( i believe the Covid cancels any/all signatures which is worrying) and just worried what happens then...fingers crossed these idiots will respect my wishes and just cancel (as requested on numerous occasions) my order and that'll be an end to this sad state of affairs.....i'll hopefully be contacting you r.e. a towel for my machine.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin said:

@davril i assumed (my mistake i know) that they were a "reputable UK based company" ...i now realise my mistake.

To all....if this machine isn't "accepted" no one to sign for it etc. etc. then where do i stand ?

Indeed, apologies that was not very helpful.