Kissthehippo 20% off this weekend

Had their Donna blend recently and it was awesome. I'm a traditional dark roast heavy bodied italian flavour fan though.......and that blend was perfect.

Quickmill Andreja Premium---Eric's E61 Thermometer---Eureka Mignon---MBK 58.35mm---Grindenstein

@Vash Chance to try that more expensive coffee we were discussing at a discount. George St Blend is my favourite so far and Donna Blend (as mentioned above) was also very good.

Sage Barista Express.

I really wish I didn't like their coffee. I don't like their social media. I'm not keen on their brand. Their marketing isn't really to my liking. But their coffee, despite my best efforts to dissuade, is pretty spot on and I've not had a 250gr bag from them so that I didn't find tasty and pretty well roasted 

I know what you mean about their social media and marketing. It's a bit on the spammy side.

Their coffee is on the pricier end but the ones I've tried have been good. Had a very tasty Rwandan from them earlier this year.

It's a shame they've axed the free shipping despite still not being open for collection

Went passed their shop in Richmond this morning, they certainly won’t be open any time soon. Their website doesn’t even mention both their shops are closed, or if it does it is hidden well...very odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On 31/08/2020 at 15:20, mcrmfc said:

Went passed their shop in Richmond this morning, they certainly won’t be open any time soon. Their website doesn’t even mention both their shops are closed, or if it does it is hidden well...very odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah really odd. I wrote to them having traveled there assuming they'd be open and their response was to give me a 10% off code....🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

Gaggia Classic 2014 w/silvia wand; Sage SGP

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a look round their website for the first time. £10.50 per 250g without shipping makes it one of the most expensive house blends I've seen. The positive feedback on here suggest they may be worth it though. 

27 minutes ago, GazRef said:

Just had a look round their website for the first time. £10.50 per 250g without shipping makes it one of the most expensive house blends I've seen. The positive feedback on here suggest they may be worth it though. 

Colonna are £12 per 250g, that's most I've seen, but Kiss The Hippo are at the expensive end. I've just bought from Notes, they were also £10.50 for the main espresso.

FWIW I'm a big fan of the George St Blend. I've just found out about their environmental policy too, makes me want to support them even more.

'Their website states that the roastery ‘is powered using 100% renewable energy, which means all of our coffees are roasted carbon neutral.’ The coffee is roasted using the Loring Smart Roaster, providing 80 percent fuel-savings and reduction of greenhouse gases compared to conventional roasters. The roastery is also certified as organic by the Soil Association. Kiss the Hippo sources at least 80 percent of their green coffee from certified organic producers.'

Edited by CocoLoco

Sage Barista Express.

26 minutes ago, GazRef said:

Good grief. That is expensive for a house blend considering no shipping. 

That's supply and demand I guess. They must be selling enough.....

Luckily Idle Hands had some kiss the hippo in so picked up a bag S. O 😎

Edited by Jony

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

9 minutes ago, Rapid said:

Good grief. That is expensive for a house blend considering no shipping. 

That's supply and demand I guess. They must be selling enough.....

Free shipping at £20. I always buy 2 x 250g so I was glad of that.

EDIT: Sorry this is wrong! I was confusing them with Notes which I bought last night! I used the discount code on KissTheHippo, that's what I got off.

Edited by CocoLoco

Sage Barista Express.

I've had Kiss The Hippo beans a few times since discovering them through LSOL.

Pricey but really good.

On the website it says they're open for takeaway again 👍

Gaggia Classic / Aeropress / V60 / Niche Zero / Wilfa Svart / Feldgrind

Agree with sentiment here, the house blend is expensive but one of the most versatile and tasty expresso blends I have tried. Plus have never had to worry about dialling it in so little wastage.

Gaggia Classic 2014 w/silvia wand; Sage SGP