LSOL September - Black Cat [Norfolk]

Liking these bean, i did find the taste improved with greater extraction in shots. I haven't tried 1:5 with these.

Apologies for lack of feed back on these, but Tapatalk isn't letting me log in at the moment

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many thanks to @Hairy_Hogg and @Daren for arranging this and giving us the opportunity to roast for such a fabulous group of enthusiasts. Congrats to @filthynines on guessing the correct origin a

OK - So the guesses have all dried up, time for a reveal. Daterra Full Bloom Origin: Brazil Process: Natural Altitude: 1100-1200m Harvest: May - August Flavour: Dried Apr

Tomorrow 👍

Posted Images

Been enjoying these @BlackCatCoffee. There was a real improvement at the 2-3 week mark (even in the smell from the bag...). Not typically what I'd go for, so much so that I had a strong feeling these were a Brazilian, but we've both been enjoying them particularly as a flat white.

• Like 1
   /\_/\ .。oO(Vesuvius, Niche Zero, V60)
   >^.^<.---.
  _'-`-'     )\
 (--\ |--\ (`.`-.
     --'  --'  ``-'

18g=>75g out in 44 secs seems to work well and give a sugar cane treacle taste. Old dog, new tricks and all that.....I'd never had tried extracting that ammount out from espresso. @Black Cat Coffee really enjoyed these. @daren and @hairy_hog thanks for sorting these out.

• Like 1

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper

Thanks all for these. I finally finished mine today after having frozen half of them.

They were less fruity than I often go for and the contrast to the more fruity/funky beans I have had on the go has been very enjoyable.

I think having that contrast has allowed me to get more out of both beans.

• Like 2