IGNORED

LSOL September - Black Cat [Norfolk]

Mine arrived too, thanks all for arranging  / roasting.  

After my previous guesses being very wide of the mark :) ( China last one and Antarctic previous 🤣) am going to guess Rwanda (without opening the bag)

John

• Like 1
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many thanks to @Hairy_Hogg and @Daren for arranging this and giving us the opportunity to roast for such a fabulous group of enthusiasts. Congrats to @filthynines on guessing the correct origin a

OK - So the guesses have all dried up, time for a reveal. Daterra Full Bloom Origin: Brazil Process: Natural Altitude: 1100-1200m Harvest: May - August Flavour: Dried Apr

Tomorrow 👍

Posted Images

2 hours ago, spasypaddy said:

mine hasnt arrived yet, but when it does. how long should i leave it to rest before using? how should i be drinking it?

Good question. For me my test batches hit peak at about 2 weeks post roast for espresso.

I have included a recipe on the bag that I found to produce consistent tasty espresso for me but recipes come with the usual caveats.

Made lovely V60 and great iced coffee (not exactly sophisticated, I know!) back when we were having some hot days.

• Like 2

www.blackcatcoffee.co.uk

Coffee | Espresso Machines | Grinders | Accessories

Izzo Alex Duetto and Alex Leva now in stock!

Mine have arrived as well, squeezed the bag for a little whiff but will wait till the morning for the grand opening. Major dilemma do I retrieve some beans from the freezer to tide me over the next days whilst resting these or just dig in (don't want to try getting these right if they aren't at their best for a week or so)

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Mine has landed. Thank you very much! 

I really appreciate a recipe even just as a ballpark. I know some roasters don't seem to like it but I think it helps me a lot.

Will Tyra and get these going in about a week and a half then 😁

• Like 1
7 hours ago, AmandaH said:

Mine have arrived as well, squeezed the bag for a little whiff but will wait till the morning for the grand opening. Major dilemma do I retrieve some beans from the freezer to tide me over the next days whilst resting these or just dig in (don't want to try getting these right if they aren't at their best for a week or so)

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

I always leave mine a bit, prob a bit longer than many others. I have a day or two's worth of beans left in my jar and I will open and finish another 250g before I start on the LSOL beans. I am expecting to try them next weekend.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Kman10 said:

Looks like I’m last again :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm waiting for mine to be (re)delivered tomorrow.

I swear the postman must have surveillance on my house. With working from home, I'm around when the post gets delivered every day. Until I have a parcel that's too big for the letter box, then he changes his schedule and seems to wait for the one brief window in the day when there is nobody home. Then he pounces like a ninja, puts the failed delivery card through the door, and disappears again.

I think the timing will work out well though, I should finish my current bag just in time for these beans to be well rested.

• Like 1