IGNORED

James Hoffman worlds largest online coffee tasting - part 2!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I also made a wildcard blend out of all of the odd priming grammes which somehow came out at exactly the same weight as all of the A-E cups – down to the .1g. It was surprisingly nice. Would've been h

Don't worry about cups, any vessel will do, last year my set up was very mix and match, a mug, a couple of cups, a glass and an old shoe! *         * I'm joking about the shoe

Posted Images

Really enjoyed that! D was my favourite, with A as a runner-up. 

I could still taste E an hour later which wasn't fun. It may have been purely psychological though 🤣

I was able to spot a few things and also correctly guess a few things (no spoilers!) which surprised me. 

C and D were our favourites by a fair margin. E was not to our taste either!

Made me reconsider some coffees that I hadn’t appreciated as much as maybe I should have done.

Really well organised, logistics of that many sample packets must have been a bit challenging...

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, sixpence said:

I could still taste E an hour later which wasn't fun. It may have been purely psychological though 🤣

I think E might be the new fast test developed for COVID-19: if you can drink it with no issues - you probably have the virus. 😉 

• Like 1

yesterday was a great session, was second time ive done cupping, going to start doing this after i roast now!

C and D were favourites, A and B didnt get too much flavour from, E was least preferred

Going to see if can get the green beans from a UK supplier

Didn't participate, did just go straight to spoilers. I drank Coffee C roasted by Method Roastery at Wayland's Yard yesterday. Delicious as a flat white. 

edit: A lot cheaper from Method, if that matters to you. 

The Black Country Coffee Roastery
www.coffeebythecasuals.com - Discount Code: CFUK21
Instagram: @casuals_coffee

I've just had a cup of C, made with the remaining 15 grams. 2:6 on the Feld 47, inverted AeroPress and a process very similar to the cupping. Boiling hot water (250 grams) over the coffee, wait 4 minutes and brake the crust, skim of foam/floaters, put on the filter/cap, flip the AeroPress over a cup, wait 8-10 minutes more, and then push.

Very nice result, sweet and floral :) 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Coffee by the Casuals said:

edit: A lot cheaper from Method, if that matters to you. 

How do you know it's the same lot? They just give you the station on the website?

18 hours ago, aaronb said:

How do you know it's the same lot? They just give you the station on the website?

You are right - my brain worked faster than my eyes. I don't; I rushed.

I can, however, say that the Method one is a Very Nice Coffee. 

The Black Country Coffee Roastery
www.coffeebythecasuals.com - Discount Code: CFUK21
Instagram: @casuals_coffee

• 1 month later...