IGNORED

I'm La Pavoni owners advice

Got mine from Etsy, different seller but lovely spalted Tamarind.

Normally quite a few, import duties are a pain though. These olive wood ones look nice.

il_794xN.2481363009_98di.jpg

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/622774037/la-pavoni-wooden-set-olivewood-la-pavoni?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=pavoni&ref=sc_gallery-1-1&plkey=dbcb748a147544f551c7129e5349c12d6e809495%3A622774037&pro=1

Edited by Northern_Monkey
Perfect ! That's about right for her spends on me as well thanks

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

have fun removing the steam knob! 🤣

• Like 2

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

8 minutes ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

have fun removing the steam knob! 🤣

With my pre and post millennium models, the steam knob is retained by a roll pin. Following advice from @jimbojohn55 I removed the steam tap and placed the the whole lot in a cradle so that the larger circumference of the knob is outside the cradle allowing the pin to be tapped out using a suitably sized nail.

I think you can get special driving tools for the job, but a small nail and tack hammer worked for me. It needed a couple of light taps and then small pincer nosed pliers did the rest. 

• Like 1

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

33 minutes ago, Dave double bean said:

Ta

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

The wooden bits would be a pretty straightforward.. The boiler cap threaded bit is more problematic . I did set up my metal lathe to test cut the thread , but something else needed doing and I had to change the gear back to normal .. so it stayed on the back burner .. I did buy a thread cutting die but it is huge and difficult to mount.

I have a few jobs still to do in the pipe line and in this heat they will have to wait .. Once they are done I might try to make the metal threaded bit .

To be fair the Etsy ones seem well priced 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Nicknak said:

The wooden bits would be a pretty straightforward.. The boiler cap threaded bit is more problematic . I did set up my metal lathe to test cut the thread , but something else needed doing and I had to change the gear back to normal .. so it stayed on the back burner .. I did buy a thread cutting die but it is huge and difficult to mount.

I have a few jobs still to do in the pipe line and in this heat they will have to wait .. Once they are done I might try to make the metal threaded bit .

To be fair the Etsy ones seem well priced 

Do you think it's a standard thread/part or does it need to be custom made?

10 minutes ago, TomHughes said:

Do you think it's a standard thread/part or does it need to be custom made?

It is a standard thread , can’t remember the exact 32mm by 2mm I think .. the die is 65mm externally .. it is a thread I can make on my lathe .

There is a chap in USA that makes them but it works out about £40 to get them here . One option is to use an old style boiler cap with the brass thread and take the Bakelite knob off . I did consider cutting down an all plastic one and adding wood to the top  

Edited by Nicknak
11 hours ago, Nicknak said:

It is a standard thread , can’t remember the exact 32mm by 2mm I think .. the die is 65mm externally .. it is a thread I can make on my lathe .

There is a chap in USA that makes them but it works out about £40 to get them here . One option is to use an old style boiler cap with the brass thread and take the Bakelite knob off . I did consider cutting down an all plastic one and adding wood to the top  

Cool. 
I was actually going to make one for mine, but basically chop the bottom of the plastic one I have and use that! 

3 hours ago, Northern_Monkey said:

I think this is the link to the guy making them.

If you chopped down a plastic one how would you attach the new wooden handle to the plastic part?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142895217370

4542E45E-576E-451B-8941-05293F1AF1C4.jpeg

Yes that is the ones I have seen .. On the plastic ones you would have to leave a spigot 

4 hours ago, Northern_Monkey said:

I think this is the link to the guy making them.

If you chopped down a plastic one how would you attach the new wooden handle to the plastic part?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142895217370

4542E45E-576E-451B-8941-05293F1AF1C4.jpeg

Lol, I was probably just going to glue it! 
I’ve got some epoxy resin I use for carbon fibre work that once stuck you will never unstick it. Used it to stick some wood and hung off it to try! Seems to infuse into the grain. 

• Haha 1