IGNORED

Censorship, one-sided

It's saddening to see harmless posts getting deleted without democratic reasoning behind it.

This place used to be a forum, which by default is meant to spark discussions. When we experience interference by overactive moderation it needs at least to be balanced, equal and fair. None of which appears to the case on here any more.

It shall never the objective of moderation to protect individual interests or mere commercial aspects.

Running a forum to install business propaganda would be the death of independence. Deleting this very thread would show how far we've come with this.

I strongly urge all officials to rethink what they are doing in the name of free speech. As long as we stay on topic this MUST be a given. 

Edited by Hasi
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you've spelt euthanasia wrong 😉

Unbelievable how the last few days have panned out , so disappointing to see it happen and hope the few people who have helped mercifully bring  this forum to its knees when they have been quite happy

Dont get why everyone has their back up.  Its a coffee forum  If you want to raise discussions about world events etc find somewhere else to do it. Dont really see the issue   

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Hasi said:

It's saddening to see harmless posts getting deleted without democratic reasoning behind it.

This place used to be a forum, which by default is meant to spark discussions. When we experience interference by overactive moderation it needs at least to be balanced, equal and fair. None of which appears to the case on here any more.

It shall never the objective of moderation to protect individual interests or mere commercial aspects.

Running a forum to install business propaganda would be the death of independence. Deleting this very thread would show how far we've come with this.

I strongly urge all officials to rethink what they are doing in the name of free speech. As long as we stay on topic this MUST be a given. 

I also have been surprised when several posts recently have been removed when all they asked for,  in essence was some honesty and clarity . This honesty and transparency should be obvious when those that post have such influence. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
14 minutes ago, Hasi said:

Hasi, forum T&Cs have been changed. You, along with everyone else on the forum, who are accessing the forum have agreed to abide by these rules. Posts that infringe the clearly set out T&Cs will be modded. T&Cs state clearly that mods will not enter into discussion or as you put it, 'without democratic reasoning behind it'. 

18 minutes ago, Hasi said:

When we experience interference by overactive moderation it needs at least to be balanced, equal and fair. None of which appears to the case on here any more.

Moderation will only occur where there is a breach of forum T&Cs. 

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

Wrong, Patrick. I've simply clicked on something because there was a pop-up. No idea what that was. 

When there's been a breach on my end, please explain where and what the infringement was. I was giving on topic advice and asked two questions. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Hasi said:

Moderation is and will be done by the book. The new T&Cs are very specific and clear. if you think there are omissions to the T&Cs as per the above comment, that is a matter for the form owner. Mods don't make the rules. 

As I point out at work, we live in democracy but don't work in one, so we have chosen to be part of that non-democracy. Just the same here, we choose to participate so have to abide by the rules, the other option is we choose to remove ourselves from them by removing ourselves from the forum.

If the new rules had been something like, no political posts that support a particular view , then that may be one-sided, but the idea of banning certain topics seems reasonably balanced to me.

• Like 2

Dont get why everyone has their back up. 

Its a coffee forum 

If you want to raise discussions about world events etc find somewhere else to do it.

Dont really see the issue 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Way too early for this sh...

I suppose the forums not a democracy, but people who use it value that it being impartial as possible.

It was a big plus to see the politics and religion kicked into touch instead of being such a devisive subject offten used by trolls without any meaningful debate

Censorship is also a double edged sword, and needs using with care, I disagree about alot if things with people but Its important that you discuss differences not just cut people off.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
4 minutes ago, The Systemic Kid said:

Moderation is and will be done by the book. The new T&Cs are very specific and clear. if you think there are omissions to the T&Cs as per the above comment, that is a matter for the form owner. Mods don't make the rules. 

That is too easy, but Andy has your truth. 

1 minute ago, AndyDClements said:

As I point out at work, we live in democracy but don't work in one, so we have chosen to be part of that non-democracy. Just the same here, we choose to participate so have to abide by the rules, the other option is we choose to remove ourselves from them by removing ourselves from the forum.

If the new rules had been something like, no political posts that support a particular view , then that may be one-sided, but the idea of banning certain topics seems reasonably balanced to me.

I came back to ask a few questions in a topic that is now closed, perfectly on topic but (apparently to some) going a bit too much against the grain, or DaveC. Which wasn't the case. No politics or whatever of that off-topic nonsense.

I'm opting out of this madness no doubt, hopefully I will be missed by a handful of people who respected my opinion and welcomed my presence. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
3 minutes ago, Cuprajake said:

Dont get why everyone has their back up. 

Its a coffee forum 

If you want to raise discussions about world events etc find somewhere else to do it.

Dont really see the issue 

I was on topic (Londinium thread), don't panic

• Like 1

Prior to the introduction of the new T&Cs there wasn't any guidance for mods regarding explaining to a member whose post had been deleted why that post had been removed. New T&Cs clearly state that mods will not enter into discussion regarding the removal of a post or posts. That is the decision of the forum owner not the mods. The role of a mod is to ensure the smooth operation of the forum according to the T&Cs. Hopefully, this will be via light moderation but, at times, this is not possible and action has to be taken. 

I think there is some confusion ... This isn’t about the banning of politics and religion .. I saw the post @Hasi had written it was neither rude nor attacking .. In my mind it just asked a reasonable question .

It would be clear that there is a bias now and if you are an influencer you can cannot be asked to explain your intentions .

Edited by Nicknak
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I sincerely hope that the moderation is an even hand at that when subversion and underhand techniques are applied by people to circumvent the obvious, that those posts are also removed and those posters made clear that the tactics they use are just not cricket. I shall watch with interest.

• Like 7

Seems to me, if I may comment as a "newb"  that the transition of forum ownership has changed the fundamental nature of the forum and you are seeing the death rattle of old allegiances and cliques.

Happens all the time in forums :classic_laugh:

Edited by Blue_Cafe
8 minutes ago, coffeechap said:

Must be time for another forum day, if there is anyone left to come along!

Will it be a lever day 😂😂😂 lots of Londiniums to play with for those that have shown  an interest 😬

Edited by Nicknak
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Blue_Cafe said:

Seems to me, if I may comment as a "newb"  that the transition of forum ownership has changed the fundamental nature of the forum and you are seeing the death rattle of old allegiances and cliques.

Happens all the time in forums :classic_laugh:

Who said allegiances were dead, I have made some great friends from this forum, some are still here some are not. It is time for the new guard to step up and do some of the grafting that was done bye some of us old timers 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, coffeechap said:

Who said allegiances were dead, I have made some great friends from this forum, some are still here some are not. It is time for the new guard to step up and do some of the grafting that was done bye some of us old timers 

Not spent alot of time here, but a few years ago it felt more of a community. Came back recently. 
Used to love the raffles you used to do etc (i never won sadly, but always thought it was a nice thing to do for a forum so always used to grab a ticket)

As I understand it there are members who would like transparency. For example, if a member is running a business and offers goods for sale here then it should be clear it is a business because a buyer obviously has statuary rights and this should be completely clear. If someone is asking for opinion on new machine development then it should be made clear from the start if this is for a company, pleasure, a hobby, or just general interest - if people are willing to spend time making suggestions and possibly share innovative ideas that come to fruition in the future then they may possibly deserve recognition for their input. I don't think this has anything to do with T&C's. Rather simply asking for transparency. Is there anything wrong with that?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3