IGNORED

Inowhave Ihavelund's Verona :) First impressions

ArkellvsPressdram

I recently bought Ihavelund's QM Verona - I was going to send him loads of impressions on whatsapp but thought I'd share them here instead, I think he occasionally looks at this forum!? First off, dealing with Ihavelund has been emphatically great so many thanks for a smooth - and highly informative - sales process Ihavelund :)

Coming from a Bambino+, paired with a Mignon Facile, my shots are clearly consistently tastier. I've no idea if these are E61 things, rotary pump things or some magical Verona combination of the lot. It's much easier to dial in because the consistency shot to shot is leagues above what I'm used to, and the impact of changing a variable on what you get in the cup is more predictable. It also seems more forgiving than the Sage, bad shots on the Bambino are generally proper face melters, on the Verona the bad shots are more "erm, that could be better" but they're not as terrible (this could just be luck of course).  Net result is I feel more empowered to play around with recipes and ratios whereas previously my priority was getting to alright-good, and staying there. 

I've gone through the rigmarole and hyper-caffeination of pulling shots side by side on each machine to try and eliminate as much bias as possible, but obv this is not a blinded test. The mouthfeel of the shots I've had thus far is more substantial on the Verona, this is very noticeable and very satisfying. The flavour of shots is generally richer with the Verona, and elements of the flavour profile are more clearly identifiable. The crema is denser and has less volume and lasts longer on the Verona. Obviously the experience of pulling a shot is completely different and I enjoy it, everything is well made from the switches to the drip tray and you have more tactile interaction with the process. I can see how one can get a bit obsessive about keeping the group clean, working on my neck flexibility what with bending down and peering up into it after a shot but cleaning is straightforward and the shower screen easy to pop out. The only downside which comes to mind is that it's such a looker that everything else in my kitchen now looks even more ordinary and mundane than it did before. So a few reasons to be cheerful I think, and hopefully many more to come :) 

82643307_VerPort.thumb.jpg.343a119911a352008f14e66bf5650aed.jpg

• Like 1

Very nice. Just watch out for what I posted earlier today. I have an Andreja Premium, make sure the exhaust tube to the drip tray is not too long and doesn't get drowned in the drip tray otherwise you'll pull brown water up into the boiler.

• Like 1

Looking good! Thanks for a great transaction and understanding while I impatiently waited for my Vesuvius to come in :) - and glad I could give you a quick intro to the machine. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I have. Hopefully you'll find upgrading the Mignon to add another dimension to your shots, too!

• Like 1