Osmio Zero Round 11

23 hours ago, AndyDClements said:

@skylark are you asking, whether to draw  day's worth of water in one go Vs draw as required? If so, I'd say draw water as required, it's pure so there's nothing to kill off any bugs that land in in/ are on the glass etc, so the water will more easily become contaminated by bacteria etc (unless chilled and sealed).

Moreorless yes. My machines tank has a 250ml lower level so if I draw on demand then effectively I'd need to draw at least 500ml each time and discard half until the next cup. Or ... I draw a days worth and leave sitting in the machines tank, discarding the leftover at the end if the day. Obviously drawing on demand is more wasteful but just wondering how each of you plan your workflow with the Osmio in relation to your coffee needs ?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

See like waiting for a bus, nothing for ages then 3 come along at once 🙄

Just to update everyone in the group buy: Mark is out of the office. I was surprised not to receive anything (although to be fair it has only been 2 hours-is). So I rang up sales team who said Mark is

Perhaps he saw the electric bike thread

Posted Images

So, it's more about the coffee machine tank than Osmio. Should you empty and fill (or partially fill) to 500ml each use, or just put a days' worth (plus 250ml) and useuntil you reach the low-level warning.

I'd answer by asking what you would do with bottled water, and suggest doing the same as that.

@skylark not going to be much help here I'm a newb, prioritised getting the Zero for general use then looking to invest in machine. For now it's straight forward with moka pot!

My assumption is if the water is purified and cleaned then it would be ok to leave in coffee machine for another day? But I imagine I would discard if left for longer period. I haven't got that far in my research tbf so will be good to hear how others have been using it in their set ups. 

Hope your zero arrives soon too! 😊

Well now, mine's all installed and running sweetly. It does seem to be retaining too much in waste water though, each time i've had to dispose of just over 1.5L when prompted. I thought it might have been around the 1L mark but seems is nearer to 30% than the 20% as seems to be advertised. It is what it is. Dont suppose it's a calibration thing? Maybe others can confirm what their retention rates are? 

Edited by skylark

Mine is always sucking from the top of the inner tank (pitcher) filter....so level with that....after it sucks dry for a while, it gives up and says fill water.

1 hour ago, skylark said:

Well now, mine's all installed and running sweetly. It does seem to be retaining too much in waste water though, each time i've had to dispose of just over 1.5L when prompted. I thought it might have been around the 1L mark but seems is nearer to 30% than the 20% as seems to be advertised. It is what it is. Dont suppose it's a calibration thing? Maybe others can confirm what their retention rates are? 

Mine's about the same. It depends on the impurities in the supplied water. The more impurities, the less the extent of concentration of those before it triggers the replenish warning.

Had ours for almost two weeks now. It consistently alarms to be refilled at 45 fluid ounces - so about 1.3 litres. 
Our tap water now tastes disgusting since we’ve been using the Osmio. 

Regards,
John

Profitec Pro 600, Niche Zero, 1Zpresso JX Pro, Osmio Zero

If I could think of something witty and original to put in my signature, this is where it would be . . .

Up and running. All great. Also throwing away about 1.5L every time. Waiting for a water softener install on Tuesday so will see if a change of water hardness could improve this... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

coffee-subscription-mini.png

Become a friend of CFUK
    Buy Us A Monthly Coffee (massive thank you!) 

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo