Osmio Zero Round 11

Anyone looked at the manual pdf linked in the bumf Osmio sent?
What does this mean... "The system should be plugged into a normal UK 3 pin plug at your home or workplace and not be used in addition to AC 220-240V, 220V." ?

And I'm not sure I can manage this, especially past bedtime... "If there is any abnormal sound, smell, or smoke, etc., please disconnect the power and contact the customer service centre." I can see flatus is going to be a problem.

Edited by Polly
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

See like waiting for a bus, nothing for ages then 3 come along at once 🙄

Just to update everyone in the group buy: Mark is out of the office. I was surprised not to receive anything (although to be fair it has only been 2 hours-is). So I rang up sales team who said Mark is

Perhaps he saw the electric bike thread

Posted Images

I must confess I had to look up what flatus means, so the manual suggests you stop the machine and call them if you break wind heinously enough? Seems a bit overkill but ymmv. 

flatus
/ˈfleɪtəs/
noun
TECHNICAL
  1. gas in or from the stomach or intestines, produced by swallowing air or by bacterial fermentation.
  • Haha 1

I'm all paid, ordered with extended warranty and tried without success for a small reduction in the cost of the sanitisation kit so passed on that one. Did manage an empty RM cartridge though so can run with/without for what difference everyone seems to think it will make. The sanitisation kit, when I order it down the line, should come with all four empty filters and a couple of sterilising tablets. Not planning on doing that this side of Xmas though .... bit of an admin hiccup, my name's wrong on the invoice/shipping details. Have contacted but as yet no reply. Must be an out-of-office afternoon

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Edited by skylark

Just use Milton liquid.

It's £23 😂

Edited by Jony

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

19 minutes ago, skylark said:

Need empty cartridges though. Anyone been able to butcher, sorry 'adapt' a used set? 

There is another way to sanitise key areas of it quickly and easily leaving just the part the filter clips into and the tube that feeds the internal tank, plus the one that backwashes the membrane unsanitised....but even sanitising those parts may be possible. I will have to wait until my filters are end of life before trying as part of the process is filter destructive.....I'll let you guys know how it goes in Jan 2021.

Edited by DavecUK

Thanks everyone for your swift cooperation and a special thanks to @caipiao for  organising this round. I have notification of a delivery tomorrow.

How will you guys use it with your machines. I drink at most 4 cups a day so am thinking I'll just draw a tankful (2l) and leave it sitting or should I just draw what I need for a cups worth above the 'low' reservoir level of 200ml each time. Water will be fresher. 

You must cook and drink water, this is why I got it plus I'm lazy not even looked at my boilers😂

Edited by Jony

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

1 hour ago, skylark said:

How will you guys use it with your machines. I drink at most 4 cups a day so am thinking I'll just draw a tankful (2l) and leave it sitting or should I just draw what I need for a cups worth above the 'low' reservoir level of 200ml each time. Water will be fresher. 

I don't really understand what you have posted...but if you half fill supply pitcher the water would be fresher if you don't use much. Also if you then empty and refill it half full again the filters will last longer because they are not filtering super high osmotic concentrations as they would when filtering 5 down to 1.

You will waste more water though unless you use what you empty out of the pitcher before refilling, for washing up or plants, then it won't make any difference.

• Like 1
Yes me too, tommorow's the big day!!
Thanks all, props to @caipiao for organising.

Thanks guys for being good sport for this round!

Although mine is not coming until later this week: they had billed me the wrong amount (£100 short) lol...

I can see@skylark is a super optimiser in life haha

8 hours ago, ArkellvsPressdram said:

Just paid \o/

itshappening.gif.9b8ec841f1b4f5e02f186e3127249ed4.gif

The Verona will thank you! Dual boiler, Osmio and Niche all in a couple months? Not bad!

• Like 1

ACS Vesuvius      |      Niche Zero      |      AeroPress      |      Porlex Mini

I don't really understand what you have posted...but if you half fill supply pitcher the water would be fresher if you don't use much. Also if you then empty and refill it half full again the filters will last longer because they are not filtering super high osmotic concentrations as they would when filtering 5 down to 1.
You will waste more water though unless you use what you empty out of the pitcher before refilling, for washing up or plants, then it won't make any difference.
Dave ... you didn't understand the question and I don't understand the answer, think that makes us about evens

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

@skylark are you asking, whether to draw  day's worth of water in one go Vs draw as required? If so, I'd say draw water as required, it's pure so there's nothing to kill off any bugs that land in in/ are on the glass etc, so the water will more easily become contaminated by bacteria etc (unless chilled and sealed).

Mine arrived around 8am...so from impulsively squeaking in as the last of the group buy participants to my doorstep in less than 48 hours that is quite amazing, thanks everyone for such a smooth process. I've flushed it and have been doing all sorts of water-based activities since :) Boiling water at the touch of a button is pretty cool I really didn't know how much I'd like it till it was on my counter. 

14 hours ago, lhavelund said:

The Verona will thank you! Dual boiler, Osmio and Niche all in a couple months? Not bad!

Niche is October but yes there has been a gaggle of upgrades, deliberately so given the additional time spent at home in the circs and unexpected cashflow given cancelled holidays and the like. I still have over 50l of Ashbeck in the stash, if I'd known I was doing this you would have been given a large and watery present to take with you after dropping off the Verona :) Hope you're enjoying the Vesuvius and your new wheels Lasse.   

@ArkellvsPressdram Happy to hear you got yours and that you're making full use of it already!

I'm still waiting for DPD to tell me when/if they are even delivering today Even downloaded their app just to make sure I get their notifications

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Hmm bit annoying, made sure I stayed home today because DPD emailed yesterday saying to expect it, not heard a peep. Hopefully there's no issues with the order and it arrives in the morning

Hmm bit annoying, made sure I stayed home today because DPD emailed yesterday saying to expect it, not heard a peep. Hopefully there's no issues with the order and it arrives in the morning

Oh you guys are not working from home these days? I still am...

Mine says now on the way to my local depot. So at least some progress. You should be able to check the app to see where it is though.

All arrived setup and functioning - thanks so much all and @caipiao for organising this round!

• Thanks 1

Decent Pro 1.3, Sage DB (Slayer, Brass OPV and Pump modded, IMS Screen), Titus EK43s SSP Burrs, Mignon Silenzio, Niche coming soon, Osmio Zero.

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

coffee-subscription-mini.png

Become a friend of CFUK
    Buy Us A Monthly Coffee (massive thank you!) 

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo