IGNORED

Sandbox Smart

Adam I

16 minutes ago, Lovic said:

Good news 😊

Well, not really. I would be able to order from Taiwan right now if it weren't for BB being the sole UK distributor. As it is I have to wait until they get certification and then pay an additional fee to the middle man. If the roaster improves it will be worth it. If the additional fee is only small (similar to the 1zpresso grinders) it will be worth it for parts.

You're in France so you can probably order direct now or wait for BB, so good news for you I guess....

Edited by Rob1

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, mctrials23 said:

Come on @DavecUK, you're retired! 😆

It takes a long time to test a roaster and also put the videos together, you will see why when you see the Videos. They have to have the smartphone screen captured separately, then synced up with the main video taken with my camera. I've not used the camera for videos for a year now....usually I use the smartphone. Obviously I can't because the phone is controlling/linked to the roaster.

There's the tasting to do as well, for example I roasted the coffee I'm drinking at the moment last Saturday and it's been steadily improving over the 6 days, I'd like to have left it longer...I need to do another roast with a small adjustment to a profile I made as well, just to check it's all doing what it should. I like it but I have to be sure it's all explained absolutely clearly for people, with videos that show how the experience is. Including the internals and the area that needs maintenance. I've shot the video for the internals, but not edited it yet.

I've also been suggesting improvements to the software and supplied items as well as spares holdings for the Retailer.

If I was just doing a sales vid it would be easy, soft music, quick cuts, roasted beans spilling out of my hands into a cup, beautiful extractions and an attractive girl/guy stating it's the best espresso she they have ever tasted. It might take me a day....but I don't do that.

• Like 4

CFUK, the biggest, best and most friendly forum in the UK...with a wealth of knowledge among its many members.

I actually did 5 roasts today with 2 different coffees.....Got to put the roast screen vids into a video and comment on it now. Well once I finished up the internals review video and write up, together with the maintenance tips.

• Like 1

CFUK, the biggest, best and most friendly forum in the UK...with a wealth of knowledge among its many members.

On 31/10/2020 at 18:45, DavecUK said:

I actually did 5 roasts today with 2 different coffees.....Got to put the roast screen vids into a video and comment on it now. Well once I finished up the internals review video and write up, together with the maintenance tips.

I downloaded the app out of curiosity and things seem backwards. 

Lower heater and higher fan setting early in the roast, higher heat and lower fan settings late in the roast?

46 minutes ago, Rob1 said:

I downloaded the app out of curiosity and things seem backwards. 

Lower heater and higher fan setting early in the roast, higher heat and lower fan settings late in the roast?

Well I modded the profiles to my own anyway.....you can change all that and add up to 14 or 16 point where parameters are input on the roast curve prior to first crack

Some photos of last Saturdays Roasts but taken today. Hard to get the colour and exposure right, especially with shadows. They were 150g batches (what I consider to be the maximum). Both tasting excellent.

A nice Burundi Mpanga - Medium roast

Burundi Mpanga sat 31 oct.JPG

Ethiopian Limu, nice light chaff creases.

ethiopian limi sat 31.JPG

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1