IGNORED

Sandbox Smart

Adam I

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Adam I said:

yeah, that price works out at about £500 - I must admit i'm interested, i might be the first one on here by the looks of it!

Possibly not.... ;)

CFUK, the biggest, best and most friendly forum in the UK...with a wealth of knowledge among its many members.

Just now, Adam I said:

yep! although it'll take a while to arrive

Hope it works out OK and you don't end up taking one for the team...looks like it has promise...but you never know till you try. I did like the Quest M3 but they wouldn't go for CE

When I test em, it doesn't cost me anything...... I have had quite a few failed roasters here over the years, some have gone to the tip. One was particularly extra dangerous, even the black paint melted off and caught fire!

I still have a sort of Alpenroast clone...I keep meaning to try it again for a laugh...just have not felt brave enough.

Tried one of these many, many years ago now...it was called the NitRoaster then <lol>. It's still on sale on ebay (under a number of different names)for the unwary...A definite avoid.

image.png.23535cd2940e96baa07a15953169ca82.png

CFUK, the biggest, best and most friendly forum in the UK...with a wealth of knowledge among its many members.

The video is great, soft music, pretty Korean girl, fake smoke from the beans, huge oven gloves.....However cheesy though, the infrared heating concept looks interesting..and the drum is nice and large.

• 4 weeks later...

My Sandbox Smart arrived on Saturday and I've done some roasts, made some profiles, especially as I am finding 150g is a good sweet spot for maximum batch size....so that needed some adjustments to the stock profiles. Already trying the coffee as if there are any roasting defects (anything wrong with my profiles) they are apparent quite quickly, no need to rest. No problems so far...very impressed with it, I'm using Android but should be getting my hands on an Ithingy to try the apple version of the app.

The cooler is great and I personally think worth getting unless you can knock one up yourself. It really helps to de chaff the coffee...one a Daterra I tried is a very difficult coffee to roast and super Chaffy. It roasted well and with good bean expansion....tricky with that coffee.

I keep my fingers crossed that things continue as they have started and we will soon have an alternative available other than the venerable Gene Cafe..

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Rob1 said:

Maybe it'll be a good little sample roaster for a reasonable price.

It's certainly closer to and more relevant to a drum profile than a fluid bed air roaster

Bella Barista will be the UK distributor for this roaster, which is annoying because I just tried to order one from Taiwan. 

Who knows how long CE certification will take and what the markup will be. I will have to wait and see, and probably further mod my gene cafe in the meantime. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1