IGNORED

CoffeeJunction closing down sale. 50% off beans

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Zeak  @TomHughes I've emailed them to ask, I'll let you know if they respond.

Looks like they're selling off their inventory stock. Half price on all beans. Roast date is 11th May. https://coffeejunction.co/collections/classic    

I am learning to be very sceptical about much that is considered gospel in coffee 

Some mighty fine coffees here! I enjoyed the two assembly coffees in April and the Indian Natural was great through Hasbean (who I believe are now owned by Ozone). 

All bags roast date is around 11th May according to Coffee Junction. If you want specific dates they are happy give you those if you email them with the coffee name.

Unfortunately they are liquidating due to the current situation.

@Zeak

@TomHughes

Edited by CocoLoco
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, CocoLoco said:

All bags roast date is around 11th May according to Coffee Junction. If you want specific dates they are happy give you those if you email them with the coffee name.

Unfortunately they are liquidating due to the current situation.

@Zeak

@TomHughes

Thanks for that, wish I’d waited on the order! Oh well. At least it will be well rested! 

8 minutes ago, Fez said:

I've just asked for a refund. Sorry but 11 May is a bit too old for me even at half price 

Yes, same. I expected a few weeks, eleven weeks is too many. Has been refunded already.

It's a shame when any business goes down, but I'm not sure if Covid is entirely to blame for this one.

If they did provide value in being a marketplace for sustainable speciality coffee (i.e. reselling bags from popular roasters) it should have thrived during lockdown, as roasters apparently did at the start of all this.

Edited by JJarvis
  • Like 1

I'll keep my order.

The bags all appear to be quality sealed and valved so the beans should be ok.

I dunno, there is so much opinion and counter opinion on bean aging, i shall treat this as an experiment.

It's 11weeks, not 11 months and wtf do I know anyway?

I manly use my Gaggia so at least crema won't be an issue :)

Edited by Blue_Cafe

I have ordered 3 bags, the 4th sold out as I was paying. Worst case, I will use them through a French press which is a bit more forgiving than espresso.

i expect that there will be a range of dates amongst what they have, so I may be lucky. if not, well a couple of cups of coffee out of each bag is the same price as a couple of Costas, which isnt famed for being great. Supermarket coffee is a few months old and is drinkable although not idea for espresso.   

43 minutes ago, Coffeenoobster said:

Poor guy has to deal with all these refunds now, bad enough going bust. 

Yeah I feel bad now 😔

Gonna buy a few, make up for it. As some else said, see what older coffee is like.

Edited by CocoLoco
4 minutes ago, CocoLoco said:

Yeah I feel bad now 😔

To be honest I made an order that I cancelled but may still make a smaller purchase. And whilst there have been cancellations here I’m sure that there will be more purchases. Would’ve been worse if you didn’t say and saw all the complaints after delivery. 

Makes you think though why they still have stock over 2 months old. 

Comment wasn’t a dig at you or anyone else was Just me being glib.

Edited by Coffeenoobster
  • Like 1

Ermmm, they are going bust and it’s 50% off so not that surprised they weren't roasted last week. 😂

They ideally should have been clearer, must be a bit galling for them to be handing back cash at this point whilst winding down...

Edit: I have just bought two bags out of curiosity, never tried beans that old for pour over before can’t be worse than my old work coffee.

Edited by Northern_Monkey