I’m a wetshaver with far too much stuff but I’m buying less and spending on coffee instead now 6eb3832d0febd4044e92d419cc191a83.jpg

This is what I used yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Buy a coffee machine they said, you'll love it they said. Me 5 grand later:    

If you find yourself easily falling into rabbit holes I recommend you don't start looking too closey at shaving brushes.

Orange disposable bic razor Tesco value foam Splash of Old Spice Spray of Brut Watch out ladies 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, fly3k said:

This is what I used yesterday

I think the Crabtree & Evelyn stuff is a bit underrated - I had their Moroccan Myrrh set and it was fantastic, really pungent!

Incidentally, I discovered yesterday that the legendary but seemingly discontinued Palmolive have stick is currently available in Boyes for 90p!15987050888702187626066081625988.thumb.jpg.b4bbedef6bddc073a15de1c979178b7b.jpg

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I've given my new 34C a bedding in over the last few weeks and I'm very impressed. Super smooth for my skin with a nacet blade. You know you're on to a winner when you feel the need to check you've remembered to put the blade in after the first few strokes. 

I forgot about the rabbit hole of shaving.  I went down it about 15 years ago, Merkur  vintage stuff...brushes, soaps, gels......got bored with it all about 5 years ago (gave most of the gear away), grew a beard, removed it. 

Did the stubble thing for a few years.  Now most days a week my braun electric keeps me sufficiently shorn.  One day a week I'll wet shave with my Gillette 5 blade thing.

Seeing this thread reminded me what a faff the whole shaving thing was....

Edited by ZiggyMarley
6 hours ago, ZiggyMarley said:

I forgot about the rabbit hole of shaving.  I went down it about 15 years ago, Merkur  vintage stuff...brushes, soaps, gels......got bored with it all about 5 years ago (gave most of the gear away), grew a beard, removed it. 

Did the stubble thing for a few years.  Now most days a week my braun electric keeps me sufficiently shorn.  One day a week I'll wet shave with my Gillette 5 blade thing.

Seeing this thread reminded me what a faff the whole shaving thing was....

Lol. If you thought it was faff then you're definitely in a better place now. It's definitely an experience over convenience. Before I went down the rabbit hole I never thought I'd see the day when I actually looked forward to shaving. 

3 minutes ago, Rapid said:

Before I went down the rabbit hole I never thought I'd see the day when I actually looked forward to shaving. 

indeed, but as i emerged at the other end of the rabbit warren, i no longer looked forward to shaving

5 minutes ago, ZiggyMarley said:

indeed, but as i emerged at the other end of the rabbit warren, i no longer looked forward to shaving

That's the time to give the lot away, as you did 😉

• Haha 1

Crikey, reading this thread I am SERIOUSLY lacking in the facial care department.

Mind you, if I had a face like mine, I'd shave my arse and teach it to speak.

My 'set up' / 'routine' (what a joke):

1) Whilst having a shower, shave using a Gillette thing with whatever soap the wife has to hand (usually Dove). 

I shave 'blind' i.e. no mirror using my fingers to feel if close enough - I start with the grain then then against to get closer.

Done! Perfect and rarely do I cut myself. No aftershave, moisturizer blah de blah. :)

If I remember I'll look in the mirror - then I'll remember why I don't look in the mirror.

Oh and I bought a Harrys razor kit about 6 months ago but have yet to use it.

• Haha 1