Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi all, I wonder if the forum could help me in coming to a fair valuation of the following? 

I bought the machine a month ago with a view to testing it out and seeing whether it satisfied requirements for the long term - I have actually been impressed and the quality of coffee in the cup and steamed milk has taken a big step forward from the previous gaggia. You can see with the accessories I bought the upgraditus was seemingly calmed and I planned on holding onto to it for the foreseeable. I’ve more or less decided over the last week however that I’d like to go down the rabbit hole of pressure profiling (confirming a hunch I previously had) hence this thread. 

The machine was purchased from Bella barista and will come with 23 months warranty. It’s run flawlessly since day 1 and is in mint condition without any signs of use that I can see. All accessories and packaging present. Fed with good water from an undersink BWT cartridge and cleaned regularly.

Costs were as follows


Lelit mara x: £968 delivered

Lelit wooden lever/knob kit: £86

Lelit wooden bottomless portafilter: £58

IMS shower screen and Cafelat gasket: £15

Total =  £1,127 cost.

Any view on a fair price would be much appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, tj893 said:

Hi all, I wonder if the forum could help me in coming to a fair valuation of the following? 

I bought the machine a month ago with a view to testing it out and seeing whether it satisfied requirements for the long term - I have actually been impressed and the quality of coffee in the cup and steamed milk has taken a big step forward from the previous gaggia. You can see with the accessories I bought the upgraditus was seemingly calmed and I planned on holding onto to it for the foreseeable. I’ve more or less decided over the last week however that I’d like to go down the rabbit hole of pressure profiling (confirming a hunch I previously had) hence this thread. 

The machine was purchased from Bella barista and will come with 23 months warranty. It’s run flawlessly since day 1 and is in mint condition without any signs of use that I can see. All accessories and packaging present. Fed with good water from an undersink BWT cartridge and cleaned regularly.

Costs were as follows


Lelit mara x: £968 delivered

Lelit wooden lever/knob kit: £86

Lelit wooden bottomless portafilter: £58

IMS shower screen and Cafelat gasket: £15

Total =  £1,127 cost.

Any view on a fair price would be much appreciated!

Appreciate it’s a valuation thread. However, have you thought about adding a flow control valve to the machine?

  • Like 3

Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you might do better selling the machine as one thing for e.g. £900 and the other bits to satisfied and content new Lelit owners looking to add to their own machines. 

Also, have you considered talking to BB? They sell open box machines. If you buy a profiling machine from them, they might be interested in helping you sell it on, perhaps. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thankyou both for your replies!

14 hours ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

Appreciate it’s a valuation thread. However, have you thought about adding a flow control valve to the machine?

Yep that's a good point - it is something I've mulled over but in the end I'm thinking more along the lines of the Versuvius / Decent programmed approach at this stage. I like the idea of having multiple profiles that can run exactly the same way each time (and will benefit the other half who won't bother otherwise).

13 hours ago, higbert said:

I think you might do better selling the machine as one thing for e.g. £900 and the other bits to satisfied and content new Lelit owners looking to add to their own machines. 

Also, have you considered talking to BB? They sell open box machines. If you buy a profiling machine from them, they might be interested in helping you sell it on, perhaps. 

Thanks for that - yes good suggestion. Maybe I should do a bundled together discounted price, and another price for machine only with accessories priced higher separately. As for BB - good thought and something to bear in mind depending on how my thinking on the next machine goes. The only thing is I feel like I should take my time with the next choice and so it might be better to move the mara on more quickly in that case...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thankyou both for your replies!
Thanks for that - yes good suggestion. Maybe I should do a bundled together discounted price, and another price for machine only with accessories priced higher separately. As for BB - good thought and something to bear in mind depending on how my thinking on the next machine goes. The only thing is I feel like I should take my time with the next choice and so it might be better to move the mara on more quickly in that case...

I might be interested in your Mara X! Let me know if you decide a price.
:)
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, DRAXXMENVONE said:


I might be interested in your Mara X! Let me know if you decide a price.
:)

Thanks for the interest- I’ve got a couple of prices in mind but hoping to get some suggestions to see if I’m in the right ballpark!

Edited by tj893

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Id guess 700-800 imo

But what do i know hahha

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanks for the interest- I’ve got a couple of prices in mind but hoping to get some suggestions to see if I’m in the right ballpark!

Definitely keep me in the loop please! Whereabouts are you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, DRAXXMENVONE said:

Definitely keep me in the loop please! Whereabouts are you?

Will do, I’ll let you know when I list in the sales forum as you’ve shown interest. I’m based just outside London in Kent (Woolwich way).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

£900 for the machine. Maybe £1k for the lot. You might be better selling the portafilters and wooden kit separately as they might sell to existing users. Somebody spending £900 on a machine might be reluctant to pay for the extras aside from the shower screen and gasket.

  • Like 1

ACS Minima (Beta) with Bianca Paddle -- Reskinned Ceado E8, Niche Zero --- Gene Cafe CBR101 with Dimmer Mod and Bean Mass Probe

WATER CALCULATOR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will do, I’ll let you know when I list in the sales forum as you’ve shown interest. I’m based just outside London in Kent (Woolwich way).

Thanks tj893. That’d be great.
I’m near Beaconsfield so not a million miles away!
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can buy this PL62X Silent in Stainless Steel for £899.28 delivered. Don't know if your machine is the same spec so I'd have thought £750 -  800 for the machine is reasonable depending if you were adding delivery costs onto or including 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Nightrider_1uk said:

You can buy this PL62X Silent in Stainless Steel for £899.28 delivered. Don't know if your machine is the same spec so I'd have thought £750 -  800 for the machine is reasonable depending if you were adding delivery costs onto or including 

Please post the link as this machine has 23 months full transferable warranty. I suspect what you have seen might come with a 6 month back to base parts only warranty, probably not transferable...oh and £750 is way too low for a month old machine.

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 1

 Reviews: https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ YouTube channel: https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl

I do this as a hobby, I'm not in business and receive no payment for my work a full disclosure is, and always has been, on my review and YouTube sites. Oh, I agree with @dfk41 quite often...well sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thankyou all for your thoughts- really helpful.

I would agree with Dave's last comment there - the excellent reputation and support from Bella Barista is important to factor in I would say. I'm just about to make a thread in the sales section but to conclude this one- I'll be going with £850 for machine + IMS screen/cafelat gasket, and £950 for the lot. I've tried to be fair and go with a price that I'd be happy with as a buyer... hopefully someone will agree! (Personally I'd rather spend less for a slightly used machine with an excellent warranty versus more for a new machine with a shorter and lesser warranty, but obviously that's a personal judgement).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

£949 - 24 month warranty.

£909 - 23 month warranty.

Assuming the machine breaks outside of warranty period depreciation is calculated easily. Of course it won't break for many years. £900 is a fair price, though to temp somebody to buy it rather than buy it new maybe go a little lower as you have done and included extras. 

  • Like 1

ACS Minima (Beta) with Bianca Paddle -- Reskinned Ceado E8, Niche Zero --- Gene Cafe CBR101 with Dimmer Mod and Bean Mass Probe

WATER CALCULATOR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree, 

Although its only a month old, going to the faf of transfering thing and moving a used machine to save £50 imo not worth it, id have a nice shiney one del to my door. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

    New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

    Advertising

    Coffee Forums Media Kit

    Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

     

    coffee-subscription-mini.png

    Become a friend of CFUK
    Buy Us A Monthly Coffee (massive thank you!) 

     

    Donate / Sponsor

    Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

    Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

    image.png



    Coffee Forums Logo
     

×
×
  • Create New...