IGNORED

Mazzer Royal - standard machine, standard hopper, standard burrs - no mods: £250 ono

Here's another of my Mazzer Royals - this one is as standard, with original hopper, all interlocks intact, standard doser and standard burrs (that should still last for ages if used in a home environment.)

As with my other grey one listed, I've kept this grinder in my workshop for a few years gathering dust and I need the space so am having to clear some stuff out.

Collection from Swindon, Wilts - or I'd be willing to meet half-way or deliver, if either option was less than 1hr driving distance from Swindon.

IMG_6726.thumb.jpg.d0cf03eb7f031651ab00e08b30b9fdfa.jpgIMG_6727.thumb.jpg.c86a417c949f4befd62788b44d022d73.jpgIMG_6728.thumb.jpg.3cb40025617fca2ce3f4b416c0237b22.jpgIMG_6729.thumb.jpg.f63dba586cfc4da6670d89eef66f64e6.jpgIMG_6732.thumb.jpg.47b0d5eb1023950210a80f8a69c1e194.jpgIMG_6731.thumb.jpg.913b38f16ef0c564585c65d777378fd2.jpg

• 1 month later...

A quick bump if anyone is interested in this unmolested Royal with tank-like build quality and those great 83mm flat burrs 🙂

A great deal for a beast of a commercial grinder:  I've sold used Super Jollys for more than this in the past...!!!

• Like 1

I know ;)

Seriously though - what's the score with using this to grind beans for customers - not talking huge amounts - would obviously have to mod it to doserless..Does the 35 sec mean one can only grind for 35 secs at a time?

Thanks Philip

Edited by Beeroclock
  • 1 month later...
I'm looking for a grinder to brew one espresso at a time, do you think this would do? Or do I need to mod it?

Thanks for the mention@MinesAbeer

The Royal is an excellent grinder - and can easily be used for espresso obviously.

When you say you want to make “one espresso at a time” it’s not clear to me what you’re looking for... this Royal has a hotter and doser, but in a home environment nobody uses them really - they would usually weigh brand and single dose in, and then ‘clean sweep’ the hopper to leave it empty. This thread may help: https://coffeeforums.co.uk/topic/40311-mazzer-royal-single-dosing-mods-safety-hopper-and-autodosing-removal/

So if you are interested in single doing, as above, then you would need to mod the doser for clean sweep (typically just adding pieces of cardboard to the doser arms and removing some components that aren’t required) and you may want a fishing tube rather than the funnel - otherwise it would be fine.

You need to be aware that this is a large commercial grinder, it weighs something like 30kg and is physically quite big!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
Hi, just checking if this is still available, now I can post. Would organise a courier pick up if that was ok?

Thanks to your interest and yes it’s still available.

Packing it for a courier is a real issue due to the size and weight. Hence I’m not really comfortable with having it shipped via a courier as it’ll end up with damage.

Where are you? Perhaps there’s another way - or a “meet half way” option?

Hi,yes agreed sorry for not picking this up sooner work has been a nightmare. I hit the button a super jolly as an.impulse, so no longer in the market ( unless it's a dud....) . I should have waited really,,I am up by sheff and work has been on csll 7 days for months so tricky to travel in. Any case. Also having a mare shipping the SJ, I am wondering how many pieces I will get tomorrow. Next thing is a pud for my mk 1 Gaggia. Cheers

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 26/12/2020 at 09:11, MrShades said:

Yup!

@MrShades

How far along the M4 towards London can you get in 1 hour ?

Sorry for the delay but I am not getting email notifications ?

ECM Heidelberg Barista Espresso Coffee Machine :coffee:

ECM S 64 bean  grinder

@MrShades
How far along the M4 towards London can you get in 1 hour ?
Sorry for the delay but I am not getting email notifications ?

Somewhere like Reading / Maidenhead I’d guess.

Where are you coming from?

Dagenham

Dagenham to swindon and back is 246 miles

Dagenham to Reading and back is 170 miles

Dagenham to Maidenhead and back is 144 miles 

Looks like it is a no go at the moment as I am in tier 4 

This area is in Tier 4: Stay at Home

We've matched the postcode RM10 8TD to London Borough of Barking and Dagenham.

I will see if I can find one more local and if not and when this situation changes back to normal I will contact you again

Thanks

ECM Heidelberg Barista Espresso Coffee Machine :coffee:

ECM S 64 bean  grinder

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

Donate / Sponsor

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo