Mazzer Royal - Titanium burrs, grey powder coat, single dose converted but with new mini hopper - £320 ono

Here's my Mazzer Royal - this was my personal grinder a few years ago, and I converted it to single dose (or actually on-demand dosing using an external Auber timer box - but I'm not including that in this sale).  Titanium burrs with more life left in them than any prospective owner, if used in a home environment.

I refurbished this and had it powder coated in dark grey, and adapted a Mazzer mini short hopper to fit neatly on the top. Original serial sticker retained and in place.  New stickers on grind adjustment collar.  Doser is clean-sweep modded; and does an excellent job of pouring perfect grinds into the portafiler with a few thwacks!   All interlocks have been removed on this machine, so you don't need a hopper in place for it to grind, etc.  Turning the power knob on will start it, and turning it off will stop it (what a surprise!) - no need to use the "Auto" position.

I've kept this grinder in my workshop for a few years, and really don't want to sell it - but I need the space so am having to clear this one, and another virtually standard one (see other listing) as well.

Collection from Swindon, Wilts - or I'd be willing to meet half-way or deliver, if either option was less than 1hr driving distance from Swindon.

IMG_6720.thumb.jpg.32add656db175757bafac927a133499a.jpg

IMG_6721.thumb.jpg.7d6085133ae83f0dcbecf9c1222ee83c.jpg

IMG_6722.thumb.jpg.09de5c2821ddccb6e1307d8bb2c15ad3.jpg

IMG_6723.thumb.jpg.a4d9f0f6af42ae364839e4b8cb844488.jpg

IMG_6725.thumb.jpg.d9db6d76ffb19f1290d7b3f542593314.jpg

IMG_6730.thumb.jpg.1f7f9939eaff6cc9e04021aef9dc4201.jpg

• Like 1

Lots of everything: machines, grinders, roaster, beans, tampers, baskets, blah, blah

However - Too much is never enough!

• 1 month later...

I notice that this presumably earlier Royal states '15 min MAX' whereas your other, newer one states '35s ON/60s OFF'. Was there a change in kit or just a fire at some point??

On a more practical note, do you happen to know the dimensions of this and those of the Major?

Would be interested in dimensions also - very tempted as looking for large flat burrs if possible but I have limited height (cabinet).

Also live very nearby in Oxford and bought your PID which worked great recently.

Hi - what is the retention like with the mods that you made to the machine? Also when single dosing would you just pop the beans into the mini-hopper or use it without the hopper? Thanks!

On 17/09/2020 at 13:57, jules1 said:

1157664083_ScreenShot2020-09-17at13_02_43.jpg.36a1e75c5954de1d1c68fc200567f11d.jpg

The above is WRONG for the OP's ROYAL...pic above show's "Major" dimensions.

ROYAL dimensions (as per manual) are:-

A  240mm ...9 1/2"

B  310mm ...12 1/4"

C  250mm  ...9 3/4"

D  470mm ...18 1/2"

H  720mm ...28 1/4"

O  212mm ...8 1/4"

Correct with 900W motor and 83mm burrs.

Yoda :-  mmmmm Lelit Bianca you seek mmmm. Coffee Italia avoid you must; this leads to anger, anger leads to pain, pain leads to fear. Fear is the path to the dark side mmmmm

14 hours ago, coffeechap said:

@MrShadesyou have some questions

Thanks @coffeechap - I hadn't noticed (especially now Tapatalk not working again.. Grrrr!!!!)

@jules1 - No idea why / when the stated duty cycle changed... though it's largely immaterial as these grinders, when used in the home for single dosing, are typically on for less than 10s and then off for 2-3minutes if not much longer!    Either way, these things are bomb proof.

Dimensions of the standard machine are as stated above- though I'll add a couple more for info, especially for @heratech (it won't fit under cabinets on most UK countertops, unless you take an angle-grinder to it and chop it in half!):

- Total height to top of grinder body WITHOUT the mini hopper fitted:  42.5cm

- Total height to top of the hopper when fitted:   58cm

@mnakh - total retention (if you tested with a clean grinder, totally emptied of all retained grinds) is probably a few grams.  Exchanged retention is probably less than 1g - though it's been quite a while since I used it and tested this, so that's a bit of a guess!   I am lazy, and drink a reasonable amount of coffee, so I would load the hopper and then used an external electronic timer (Auber) to do timed dosing on this, and then rely on the doser mods to sweep clean and dump a nice mound in the PF etc.   You could use the mini hopper or a similar and shorter tube if you wanted to purely single dose.

Edited by MrShades

Lots of everything: machines, grinders, roaster, beans, tampers, baskets, blah, blah

8 hours ago, mnakh said:

Hi @MrShades - would you take 280 for this? 

I’ll have to think about it 😉

Edited by MrShades

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

coffee-subscription-mini.png

Become a friend of CFUK
    Buy Us A Monthly Coffee (massive thank you!) 

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo