IGNORED

Lelit Victoria PL91T - Peoples Thoughts

Hi Everyone,

I am thinking about buying a Lelit Victoria PL91T and wondered if anyone had any thoughts, reviews or if anyone has one and could outline any pro's and cons? I was originally looking at a Sage Duo Temp Pro but came across this which seems to have PID, Solenoid valve, pressure gauge and pre-infusion (a few more ticks in the box than the duo temp pro). It seems it is a similar price bracket to the Sage Barista Express maybe a little more but I already have a really good grinder and don't want a machine with and integrated one. 

Thank you

1 hour ago, Mm391 said:

Hi Everyone,

I am thinking about buying a Lelit Victoria PL91T and wondered if anyone had any thoughts, reviews or if anyone has one and could outline any pro's and cons? I was originally looking at a Sage Duo Temp Pro but came across this which seems to have PID, Solenoid valve, pressure gauge and pre-infusion (a few more ticks in the box than the duo temp pro). It seems it is a similar price bracket to the Sage Barista Express maybe a little more but I already have a really good grinder and don't want a machine with and integrated one. 

Thank you

So I have Victoria’s big sister, Elizabeth. Before settling on the Elizabeth, I have researched the Victoria quite a bit. I think you can, broadly speaking, that the Victoria is just one half of the Elizabeth. Very broadly. There are differences, like boiler size.

i did toy with the idea of going back to SBDU machine, but, if you like milk based drinks, I think it would be better to consider an HX or DB machine.

google Lelit Victoria. There are some videos of the machine working, but it’s in French.

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

I'd strongly advise against using Victoria's preinfusion - it's nothing like Elizabeth's. Another gripe I have with it is the timer - it's a countdown timer and it disappears immediately after finishing the shot or the set time is over. That's not to say that the machine is bad - it has got PID for both brew and steam, the OPV is adjustable (though not easy), has auto fill for the boiler after steaming. I'm happy with the espresso taste I'm able to get with it and the wife is delighted with the cappuccinos. Just some thoughts...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, OutCold said:

I'd strongly advise against using Victoria's preinfusion - it's nothing like Elizabeth's. Another gripe I have with it is the timer - it's a countdown timer and it disappears immediately after finishing the shot or the set time is over. That's not to say that the machine is bad - it has got PID for both brew and steam, the OPV is adjustable (though not easy), has auto fill for the boiler after steaming. I'm happy with the espresso taste I'm able to get with it and the wife is delighted with the cappuccinos. Just some thoughts...

how’s the pre-infusion different?

Edited by MediumRoastSteam

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

27 minutes ago, OutCold said:

It stops the pump after a couple of seconds just as if you stopped it with the button and starts it on again - so the solenoid is activated. That sudden drop of pressure can't be good for the puck I imagine.

Wow. I didn’t realise that. That’s surely not good! 
so, are you saying that, the pressure goes up, then the group vents, pressure back to zero and off it goes again? That’s insane if that’s what it it’s!

• 1 month later...
On 25/07/2020 at 18:08, OutCold said:

It stops the pump after a couple of seconds just as if you stopped it with the button and starts it on again - so the solenoid is activated. That sudden drop of pressure can't be good for the puck I imagine.

Out of curiosity, and because I never saw one of those in the flesh, is there any chance one day you could just do a demo/video for us of this "feature"? If you don't want to waste coffee, just do with the blind basket (for backflushing). That would be just fine. If you could keep the manometer and the LCC in focus and capture the sounds, that would be greatly appreciated. 

Many thanks.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, L&R said:

I have one PL91T in my lab and could make such video. Preinfusion only?

You could just tell us if the solenoid vents during the preinfusion, or only after the shot. The word Lab gives me some confidence ;)

But a vid will be nice as well...

Edited by DavecUK

Sticks and Stones, sours…or rancid (horrible). Quakers hide until roasted, pick em out and flick them in the bin. Life is too short for bad coffee

I have work to do....need to update my notebook.

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 1

Sticks and Stones, sours…or rancid (horrible). Quakers hide until roasted, pick em out and flick them in the bin. Life is too short for bad coffee

In a nutshell: you hit the puck with the full pressure>you trigger 3way(destroy the cake)>hit again the cake with the full pressure...

But in general PL91T is a nice single boiler so I highly recommend it.

Edited by L&R
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, L&R said:

In a nutshell: you hit the puck with the full pressure>you trigger 3way(destroy the cake)>hit again the cake with the full pressure...

But in general PL91T is a nice single boiler so I highly recommend it.

It can be better though.. And that's why I do what I do. Admittedly not usually on machines of that class, but I'm prepared to make an exception. Is that the 57mm portafilter one? 

Just now, L&R said:

Nope PL81T is 57mm, this one is 58, same brew head and boiler as Elisabeth but different sensors and controller.

Thank god for small mercies

I have also worked out why they do it as they do, or why they made the decision back in the day... 

• Like 1