Coffee Forums banner

Possible to reduce fan noise on a Strada EP?

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  DavecUK 
#1 ·
Hi all,

The Strada has a two stage powering on process whereby the user:

1. turns a switch (which illuminates the display which then reads "OFF")

2. then presses and holds a button briefly to actually start the machine

My issue is that a very loud fan is enabled following completion of step one when the machine is to all intents and purposes still off. I believe the fan is to cool the logic board but I'm wondering can it be safely disabled / swapped for a quieter fan / run at a lower speed.

I expect I will have to get in touch with a LM tech to have a look but thought it best to try and understand the art of the possible first.

Alll suggestions welcome!

Thanks in advance

See less See more
#6 ·
That's probably the bottom line alright... if it has to be cooled to that extent options will be limited. That said it's strange that the fan is enabled even when the boilers aren't.

I know from building computers that the same level of cooling can be delivered in different (and quieter!) ways so worth investigating further.

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
#10 ·
@Ofer Welcome to the forum.

It would have been great if there had been some photos posted of this fan, board and the position in the machine. I don't even know if it's 230V, 24V, 12V? It's something I am pretty sure would be cheap and easy to solve....Not sure a noise cancelling speaker would work and it seems a complicated solution.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.