IGNORED

Aillio Bullet r1 v2 - any owners?

Guy Levine

On 01/09/2020 at 13:36, Dartmoor Coffee said:

I've never heard of this roaster, but looking at the videos does look smart and modern. Not heard any talk about roasting with induction, but does it still have the same latency issues as with all electric roasters (any changes to electric takes a while to take effect?). - Because the drum is fairly light (i.e not a huge amount of metal to heat, it's very quick to alter heat and airflow. Also because it's induction, you get an instant reduction in heating, as the drum is heated directly. (it's also very efficient because of this) The V2 roaster will get upto pretemp in about 20-30mins depending on airtemp.

Does it allow proper back to back roasting or more designed purely for the home use? - Yes, allows for true back to back. Without mods, you could get maybe 5-6 1kg's before you'd need to empty the chaff collector.

From the images just don't forget to put a basket underneath when you drop the beans. - There is a guy who also sells a full on bean cooling tray which operates separately from the bullet. I know quite a few who have upgraded to this to allow for quicker cooling. (about £700 I believe)

Edited by Coffeejon
mistakes

• 1 month later...

I’ve done 17 roasts with my new arrival.  Took a bit of setting up for the exhaust with 3D printed bits and fans.  But it’s amazing.  No more worrying about voltage drops like with the old gene cafe.  Changing from Gene cafe to Bullet allows me to now translate the theory of roasting, into something practical.  Thanks to @Coffeejonfor pushing me in the right direction.  Switches from 900g to 200g batch with no issues, the playback mode when you have got your profile is really great for back to back roasting.

On 13/10/2020 at 22:42, Mpbradford said:

I’ve done 17 roasts with my new arrival.  Took a bit of setting up for the exhaust with 3D printed bits and fans.  But it’s amazing.  No more worrying about voltage drops like with the old gene cafe.  Changing from Gene cafe to Bullet allows me to now translate the theory of roasting, into something practical.  Thanks to @Coffeejonfor pushing me in the right direction.  Switches from 900g to 200g batch with no issues, the playback mode when you have got your profile is really great for back to back roasting.

Glad your enjoying it, fantastic roaster!

• 3 weeks later...

i hope i dont get in trouble for posting this here 😁

hahah well someone might be in luck. im thinking of selling my 10 month old bullet 220V roaster. im moving back to the states and dont need the 220V (yes i can use a transformer etc but i thought i would give someone the opportunity to get one without waiting!) 

it should be on the buy sell forum in a few days when i get a few pics etc

• 5 months later...

Picking up my R1 v2 on Saturday. I'm in the Aillio FB group. But l suspect there are more experienced roasters here.  And bearing in mind that I have little idea what I'm doing,  can anyone point me to resources which might be helpful for my 1st few attempts? 1 I have of course read the manual but I'm still concerned that I might be missing things like how to set the fan speed, starting temperature, monitoring temperature and so on. And all tips will be gratefully accepted. Thanking you in anticipation.

Hey,

There is a introduction/course from Rob hoos, I’ve not watched it so I can’t comment on if it’s worth the price, but his book modulating the flavour profile of coffee is very good, and he’s well regarded so it maybe worth a punt

• 5 weeks later...

Newbie here. Other then buying brand new where’s best to pick up a second hand bullet? 
price range second hand? 
im struggling to find other than new. 
have I head right a 2kg version might be coming out?

any advice would be amazing

Hi there, yes I have an Allio Bullet v2. Tough to find a second hand one, almost impossible here in Australia because they only became available in late February.  The new one is the Bullseye and from memory it will have a 3kg capacity. https://www.facebook.com/espressocompany/posts/great-to-catch-up-with-the-aillio-team-in-amsterdam-for-the-launch-of-bullseyeal/1825455854177334/ 

• 1 month later...
On 15/05/2021 at 07:27, Gemini said:

Is this size too large for use at home. I am considering small roast for friends and would look at 5kg per week. 

No, though it will need venting (under cooker hood ok for a start) 5KG a week this would be perfect.