IGNORED

Aillio Bullet r1 v2 - any owners?

Guy Levine

I believe it the best 1KG roaster you can buy. I have x2 of them (x1 v1.5 & x1 v2) for around 3 years and have roasted a few tons of coffee though them (I kid you not) My best advice is get onto the face book group 'Aillio Bullet R1 User Group' as there are many 1000's of users there who will be willing to help you in your journey. Unfortunately this forum is not so friendly to the likes of us, so I tend to steer clear of here. The best of luck and if you have any questions, you are welcome to ask (though the FB page is the best place to be) Cheers

Edited by Coffeejon
change
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really? The form isn't a friendly place to people roasting on bullets?

I was thinking of getting one but got turned off it after joining the Facebook group due to the number of problems people were having and the poor support they received. Though maybe they represent a minority of the many 1000s of users.

Edited by Rob1

I have got a V2 220v bullet. I have had zero issues with mine but do keep it clean and don’t roast much into second crack so maybe that helps 😀. about 100kg of green has Been roasted with it. 

I also had (sold it) a version 1 and didn’t have any issues apart from the temp probe reading drifting due to a lack of cleaning. But one I was on a cleaning schedule everything was fine. About 900kg of green was roasted with it. 

its hard to beat this Roaster for its ease of use, portability, technology...... and it look pretty cool! 

I would buy it again and again! Now if someone here can start a green coffee supplier that sells it at a reasonable price! 

• Like 1

Seems like a lot of naysayers about the bullet.  I was looking into 1kg roaster for a month.  What are the available and cost effective alternatives?  Cost/kg/hour was my key measure.  Which machines are better?

The FB forum is full of first time roasters.  Same uncertainty would also apply if you joined a gene cafe Fb forum Full of first timers.  That machine also has its flaws and issues.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm very tempted on one of these. I've convinced myself of the following:

(preamble)I own a Coffee Company but do not yet roast but I really should learn.

I've decided I want to learn to Roast. Home Roasting first to gain an education, commercial roasting under guidance from my Roaster down the line.

I can learn on the Bullet and the Roastery can use it as a sample roaster longer term.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Pseudonym said:

I've decided I want to learn to Roast. Home Roasting first to gain an education, commercial roasting under guidance from my Roaster down the line.

I can learn on the Bullet and the Roastery can use it as a sample roaster longer term.

Sound logic.  Depending on your initial targets for volume you could even start production roasting on the Bullet.

• Like 1

Sadly for me learning to roast, our current load volume is well above the capacity of the Bullet. But good point to make - It could be used as a small production roaster for ultra speciality stuff. Not that we do any of that, but you never know. Maybe Decaf...

• Like 1

I've never heard of this roaster, but looking at the videos does look smart and modern. Not heard any talk about roasting with induction, but does it still have the same latency issues as with all electric roasters (any changes to electric takes a while to take effect?).

Does it allow proper back to back roasting or more designed purely for the home use?

From the images just don't forget to put a basket underneath when you drop the beans.