IGNORED

Coffee Steamers

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only thing I know about that Dualit is they use one in Wagamamas at Gatwick airport.      ....another fine forum contribution I think you'll agree. 

Available from Nisbetts, for £186 and free delivery. https://www.nisbets.co.uk/dualit-cino-milk-steamer/cn452?vatToggle=incvat I must admit to being curious how good it is, definitely feed b

Quick video of the Cino in action. 200ml of milk. Start temp 8, end temp 65/66 in 46 secs Vesuvius with the steam boiler at 130 / 1.8 bar took 29 secs . I believe the Vesuvius is one of the

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Stevebee said:

Sounds like you’re going to take one for the team 😁

It means spending £185, that's quite a lot... Especially as I don't need one  so I'm conflicted. 

• Like 1

Nothing here...

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/08/2020 at 14:41, DavecUK said:

It means spending £185, that's quite a lot... Especially as I don't need one  so I'm conflicted. 

Same here, I have been looking this milk steamers for long time.. so here is my 2 cents 

I will guess (we don't know for sure) WPM use same technology in there Thermo-block Espresso Machine https://www.wpm.hk/en/products_detail.php?id=310  they use in there Milk Steamers MS-130D / MS-130T https://www.wpm.hk/en/products.php?c1id=91 

I think and guess (again dont know) dualit cino milk steamer is same product (OEM)  https://www.dualit.com/products/cino 

If all same maybe its will steam like this WPM KD-310 

200 ml milk 35 second to reach 53 degrees and it absorbs 15 grams of water as the milk weighs 215 grams after steam

The Decent DE1 XL use about same time for milk steamning, I think Decents DE1 XL milk Thermo-block is more powerfull, but again I am not sure.. not much data and test out there for this Thermo-block steamers 

Edited by JackHK

Quick video of the Cino in action.

200ml of milk. Start temp 8, end temp 65/66 in 46 secs

Vesuvius with the steam boiler at 130 / 1.8 bar took 29 secs . I believe the Vesuvius is one of the better steamers, especially at these boiler settings but @DavecUK is in a better position to know where the V sits.

The pulsing noise is strange at first but soon get used to it. Less than 50 secs to get up to temp and the steam doesn’t drop off like it would on an espresso machine so would cope with larger qtys ok I guess. Produces nice ‘wet paint’ milk with good micrfoam and a fairly small footprint. 

For 400ml it took 77 secs from 8 to 65 degrees.

I’m starting to use this for hot chocolates and babycinos at 2 Farmers Markets at the weekend so if anyone would like to try it or see it in action I’m at Barnes Farmers Market SW13 9HG on Saturday and Stroud Green Farmers Market N4 3HB on Sundays.

Edited by Stevebee
  • Like 2

WPM also sells the Niche Zero in Asia I believe, rebranded as WPM. 

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

2 hours ago, Stevebee said:

Quick video of the Cino in action.

200ml of milk. Start temp 8, end temp 65/66 in 46 secs

Vesuvius with the steam boiler at 130 / 1.8 bar took 29 secs . I believe the Vesuvius is one of the better steamers, especially at these boiler settings but @DavecUK is in a better position to know where the V sits.

The pulsing noise is strange at first but soon get used to it. Less than 50 secs to get up to temp and the steam doesn’t drop off like it would on an espresso machine so would cope with larger qtys ok I guess. Produces nice ‘wet paint’ milk with good micrfoam and a fairly small footprint. 

For 400ml it took 77 secs from 8 to 65 degrees.

I’m starting to use this for hot chocolates and babycinos at 2 Farmers Markets at the weekend so if anyone would like to try it or see it in action I’m at Barnes Farmers Market SW13 9HG on Saturday and Stroud Green Farmers Market N4 3HB on Sundays.

I’m very impressed with mine....it’s mainly used for hot chocolates for the wife and kids at the moment.....don’t regret buying it at all.

47 secs from off to ready....that amazed me. 

Perfect match for gaggia classic.

• Like 1

Will probably only use this at the weekend Markets as I only drink either Espresso  or  Americano during the week.

Simple to use, the one hole tip suits the machine and easy to get a good vortex going. Would be nice to have the WPM one that enables you to set the temp but I haven’t  got this with my espresso machines so it’s not something I miss. Use my hand or Temptag to get to 65 and seems to work so far. Whilst it’s a little bit slower than either of my machines, it’s still plenty quick enough. When it runs out of water it just stops mid steam. It may have flashed different colour lights beforehand as a warning but if it did I missed it! Once refilled it’s go to go almost immediately.

Edited by Stevebee