Blue_Cafe

Rancilio Silvia Pro...

If its priced right that will do super well although I'm not sure how they squeezed it all in?

22 minutes ago, ronan08 said:

If its priced right that will do super well although I'm not sure how they squeezed it all in?

The machine's depth is 42cm - 11 cm deeper than the actual one. 4cm taller and 1.5cm wider.

That's how.

43 minutes ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

The machine's depth is 42cm - 11 cm deeper than the actual one. 4cm taller and 1.5cm wider.

That's how.

Oh that is a great deal bigger 

So how much is it in sterling?

9 minutes ago, Jasetaylor said:

Side by side with the existing Silvia. Definitely not the same form factor but still rather a nice looking machine IMO.

https://i.imgur.com/yTHAuyU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0OtV07u.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/2Ca4zmq.jpg

Arguably not really the same machine. It's dual boiler with a load of other stuff included.

Seems a good bit of kit but an awful lot of money for a souped up Silvia.

For not much more you can get a Lelit Bianca which is surely leagues ahead of this in looks and performance.

• Thanks 1

Quickmill Andreja Premium---Eric's E61 Thermometer---Eureka Mignon---MBK 58.35mm---Grindenstein

3 hours ago, NJD1977 said:

For not much more you can get a Lelit Bianca which is surely leagues ahead of this in looks and performance.

£650-700 is hardly not much more. The Silvia Pro and and additional Silvia V6 with £50-100 of coffee = Lelit Bianca.

This is more on par with the Sage DB price wise. 

£650-700 is hardly not much more. The Silvia Pro and and additional Silvia V6 with £50-100 of coffee = Lelit Bianca.
This is more on par with the Sage DB price wise. 
Lelit Bianca is £1800, this Silvia is over £1300 without discount. Less than £500 more buys a huge step up.

Quickmill Andreja Premium---Eric's E61 Thermometer---Eureka Mignon---MBK 58.35mm---Grindenstein

Let’s face it. We are paying for a brand name. A brand new machine that looks like the old Silvia. Because it has a PID in it? Can you even adjust the OPV? Do we know if it’s thermally stable? The original one was not. It feels to me they arrived way late in the game, retrofitted some old tech (pid) adapted an old design and now want to charge a fortune for it. Are the chassis/case SS or powder coated steel? Will it rust? 

Not for me, thanks. Take a look at the Pro-300. It’s over 5 years old. Built like a tank. Trialed and tested technology. The Rancilio Pro doesn’t offer anything over it, and potentially has the same tech/components, if not worse ones.