New upgraded Lelit on the block - Elizabeth

They are completely different form factors. The Elizabeth is wider and shallower. 

If you bought again and you had the space, would it be the Elizabeth or the Mara X?

I’d be interested if you are finding that the ease of use and functions of the Elizabeth more benefit to you than the more traditional E61.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Arrived it has... flushed it’s been.... coffee it made... I was dreading the two hole tip.... worked wonders for a first one!   just couldn’t take the case off (no time, was on lunch br

I have pre-ordered this machine today. I'll keep everyone posted.

I suppose I'll have a go then... The group of the Minima is very different to the group on the Elizabeth. Yes, it's a 58mm group, the portafilter and the group gasket is the same. And that's it.

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, njlhyde said:

If you bought again and you had the space, would it be the Elizabeth or the Mara X?

I’d be interested if you are finding that the ease of use and functions of the Elizabeth more benefit to you than the more traditional E61.

Very good question. I was starting a write up on this. Personally, for my needs (this is important), I'd buy the Elizabeth again. I really like the pre-infusion capabilities of the Elizabeth and the fact it heats up in 17 minutes (I can't/don't want to leave the machine on all day) as well as it's very compact size. Moreover, the Elizabeth diverts the excess from the OPV back to the tank, unlike the MaraX. For me, this is not good because I distil and re-mineralise my water. Throwing water away is not an option. But, if I had the space, an Osmio could solve this problem quite easily. The other thing I really like is the fact I can simply backflush the ring group... As often as I want.... Without having to lubricate the cam lever every month, which is the case of a traditional E61 group.

If someone took the Elizabeth away and gave me a MaraX instead (plus an Osmio!) - Would I complain? No I wouldn't.

Edited by MediumRoastSteam
  • Like 1

Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

5 hours ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

They are completely different form factors. The Elizabeth is wider and shallower. 

Yes, that is clear. But would it even be possible to make a machine with an E61 group a lot shallower?

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Starred said:

Yes, that is clear. But would it even be possible to make a machine with an E61 group a lot shallower?

Depends where you place the tank.... Or the boilers.... 🙂 

Yeah it is very small, very neat little machine, easy to forget it's there. I have not fired mine up in a while... Job for the weekend I think. 

I must say... Even after one month and even given the fact that on the Elizabeth the hot water tap mixes the water from the service boiler with the brew boiler, the taste is still rather awful. 🙂. Maybe it will get better with time, in line with other machines. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Starred said:

How does the Elizabeth compare to the ACS Minima?

See post 59 in this thread.

Also, there's an extensive in-depth review on both machines. 

On the Lelit Elizabeth, for pre-infusion - specially bloom pre-infusion - make sure you flush the group for at least one second, or until water comes up before pulling a shot. This is only really required after the machine has been idle for a while or first thing after turning on from cold.

Note that, when you do so, water does not come out of the group for the first second. I think this is something related to water contraction when the machine gets cold and expansion when it gets hot, or just water evaporating from the top of the dispersion screen creating a void which needs to be filled up again next time. I’m not sure the reason, all I know is that it happens. 

Say you have pre-infusion set to 5 seconds pump run and a total of 10 seconds.
The symptom which is more noticeable when using bloom pre-infusion is that, if there’s a void, the needle will raise briefly, to about 1-2 bar and decrease slowly. If you have that void filled up, the pressure will raise further, to around 4-5 bar and decrease slowly. The exact numbers depend on coffee and dose. 

Available to pre order again from bella barista.

• Like 1

Gaggia Classic 2010 PID(IMS 200µm shower screen&Brass Dispersion Plate&OPV and Steam Wand Modded) | Kinu M47 V3 Niche Zero White | Bottomless Portafilter&VST Ridgeless 18gr & 22gr  | MouMou 58mm Distribution Tool | 2X 64oz Airscapes & CoffeeVac

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/09/2020 at 17:27, Inspector said:

Available to pre order again from bella barista.

indeed and the deed is done - one Lelit Elizabeth ordered and paid for...... BB tell me it could be end of next week, if not the week after.

Now i need to find a nice tamper....

Edited by ZiggyMarley
  • Like 2
indeed and the deed is done - one Lelit Elizabeth ordered and paid for...... BB tell me it could be end of next week, if not the week after.

Now i need to find a nice tamper....

congrats.
The tamper has to be a PLA481R.
And while you’re at it might as well get PL106, PLA301S, PLA3800 and the wooden handle portafilter PLA582W as well [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, eamon said:

The tamper has to be a PLA481R.

red handle 🤮 any other suggestions.......

32 minutes ago, eamon said:

PLA3800

good call

31 minutes ago, eamon said:

PL106

brush i already have a nice new one - from my previous machine.

34 minutes ago, eamon said:

PLA301S

good call on the jug.

😀

good call on the jug.

[emoji3]

Get yourself any tamper. Doesn’t need to be Lelit. Go for a Motta Competition 58.4mm, they are £26, so quite affordable.

Get a tub of PulyCaf - you’ll need for backflushing.

As for naked PF, the Rocket naked PF and the ECM fits very nicely.

Welcome to the club!

2 minutes ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

Go for a Motta Competition 58.4mm, they are £26

👍

Get a tub of PulyCaf - you’ll need for backflushing.

already have from my previous machine unless it goes out of date.......

As for naked PF, the Rocket naked PF and the ECM fits very nicely.

that might come later....

Welcome to the club!

thanks 👍

i'll need a reasonably priced milk jug and thermometer

44 minutes ago, ZiggyMarley said:

👍

already have from my previous machine unless it goes out of date.......

that might come later....

thanks 👍

i'll need a reasonably priced milk jug and thermometer

Don’t worry about the thermometer, honestly. Just use your hand. If you do decide to get a thermometer, just get a temp tag instead. You can get some cheap milk jugs from Amazon, they are actually good.

• Like 1

After careful thought (and an update email that my Niche is on its way to arrive) a put also my order today.

To better coffees at home [emoji4].

First home coffee machine. Very excited.

Thanks the topic and@DavecUK who with his review help a bit more to choose this girl for probably a decade.

501b7de4360beb385d457a33367b2475.jpg

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

Don’t worry about the thermometer, honestly. Just use your hand. If you do decide to get a thermometer, just get a temp tag instead. You can get some cheap milk jugs from Amazon, they are actually good.

thanks

Hahahah. Well i probably will use it sometimes also for the full group. When we use it as pros we were putting the group the whole night in a bowl full of water and let them all night but we were selling 3-5 kgs per day.

So yeah we will probably have for a couple of years this powder a guess [emoji23].

22 minutes ago, zidane72003 said:

After careful thought (and an update email that my Niche is on its way to arrive) a put also my order today.

To better coffees at home emoji4.png.

First home coffee machine. Very excited.

Thanks the topic and@DavecUK who with his review help a bit more to choose this girl for probably a decade.

501b7de4360beb385d457a33367b2475.jpg

If you can, get the Motta completion tamper 58.4mm instead of the 58.0 . He 58.4mm is a much better fit to the stock basket and VST and IMS baskets... the 58.0 will leave a gap around the edge of the basket which will become annoying with time.

give them a ring, they will change for you.

https://www.bellabarista.co.uk/motta-competition-tamper-58-4mm-brown-wood-flat-base.html