IGNORED

New upgraded Lelit on the block - Elizabeth

2 minutes ago, Maximum_RnB said:

LOL, true. But I did buy a Niche Zero around the same time.

And I have other expensive fads to funds...

Focus, you are making money on this deal!

PMA all day!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Arrived it has... flushed it’s been.... coffee it made... I was dreading the two hole tip.... worked wonders for a first one!   just couldn’t take the case off (no time, was on lunch br

Ok, will do thanks - just wanted to double check I'd read it right! Now the journey begins to trying to make good coffee... Can't blame the kit 😂

I suppose I'll have a go then... The group of the Minima is very different to the group on the Elizabeth. Yes, it's a 58mm group, the portafilter and the group gasket is the same. And that's it.

Posted Images

Just joined the Elizabeth owners club - moving from a Rocket HX. 

Feels like a massive jump forward in tech, and it's so compact. Just getting to grips with the preinfusion options.

Main issue I've had so far is a sticking puck and actually the steaming does seem to be less powerful than the Rocket. Still very adequate but just takes a bit longer to get the milk up to temp.

IMG_20210309_123804.jpg

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Bainbridge said:

Just joined the Elizabeth owners club - moving from a Rocket HX. 

Feels like a massive jump forward in tech, and it's so compact. Just getting to grips with the preinfusion options.

Main issue I've had so far is a sticking puck and actually the steaming does seem to be less powerful than the Rocket. Still very adequate but just takes a bit longer to get the milk up to temp.

IMG_20210309_123804.jpg

Welcome to the club. We will have very similar set ups when my niche comes next month! 

Try upping the temp on the steam boiler which results in higher pressure, I think it is 135c shipped but you can take it up to 140 (I found that too strong so settled on 137).

It is worth setting your PID parameters while you’re at it - @DavecUK’s Guide is an excellent starting point.

Edited by Kjk
Added link to PID settings

PMA all day!

42 minutes ago, Kjk said:

Welcome to the club. We will have very similar set ups when my niche comes next month! 

Try upping the temp on the steam boiler which results in higher pressure, I think it is 135c shipped but you can take it up to 140 (I found that too strong so settled on 137).

It is worth setting your PID parameters while you’re at it - @DavecUK’s Guide is an excellent starting point.

Thanks, yeah just getting to grips with it.

Just used the bloom preinfusion with a Brazilian natural process from Dog and Hat. It gave me probably the best espresso I've made at home. That's about 15 years and counting! 6 second pump on and 12 second overall preinfusion. A little bit of bitterness came through at the end so I need to tweak it a bit still, but the bar is set. 

• Like 5

My osmio gives around 20ppm TDS I add bicarbonate of soda to bring it up to 100ppm to feed Lelit. Today I replaced the water in steam boiler via getting water out from hot water tap fully twice and first draw cooled down result was 125ppm tds from boiler. And it tasted same as from osmio (like no weird taste or smell)maybe even slightly sweeter. Haven't done this before. Is that normal/acceptable result?

Edited by Inspector
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, Inspector said:

My osmio gives around 20ppm TDS I add bicarbonate of soda to bring it up to 100ppm to feed Lelit. Today I replaced the water in steam boiler via getting water out from hot water tap fully twice and first draw cooled down result was 125ppm tds from boiler. And it tasted same as from osmio (like no weird taste or smell)maybe even slightly sweeter. Haven't done this before. Is that normal/acceptable result?

When you did that, did you notice the auto fill of the steam boiler afterwards? I.e: once it stopped dispensing water through the tap, did the pump run constantly for about 45 seconds to refil the boiler? Did you notice that?

And when you did it twice, did you wait for the steam boiler to get back to temp to draw it again?

125ppm seems low from my experience, too low given your TDS is already 100ppm in the tank.

Let me know the answer to those questions please. I’m quite interested on this.

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

2 hours ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

When you did that, did you notice the auto fill of the steam boiler afterwards? I.e: once it stopped dispensing water through the tap, did the pump run constantly for about 45 seconds to refil the boiler? Did you notice that?

And when you did it twice, did you wait for the steam boiler to get back to temp to draw it again?

125ppm seems low from my experience, too low given your TDS is already 100ppm in the tank.

Let me know the answer to those questions please. I’m quite interested on this.

Yes when it stopped it refilled about 45 seconds, and at first I didn't wait steam boiler to come up to temperature, I tried to draw water but I realized it was coming from brew boiler at that time, then I waited steam boiler to come up to temp and then draw fully again. Maybe the reason I use hot water tap from machine sometimes to make americanos. Half of the time from brew boiler (as machine was in eco mode) half of the time when steam was on. 

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Inspector said:

Yes when it stopped it refilled about 45 seconds, and at first I didn't wait steam boiler to come up to temperature, I tried to draw water but I realized it was coming from brew boiler at that time, then I waited steam boiler to come up to temp and then draw fully again. Maybe the reason I use hot water tap from machine sometimes to make americanos. Half of the time from brew boiler (as machine was in eco mode) half of the time when steam was on. 

Ha! Good stuff. Perfect! Looks like you are on the ball then. 👍

ps: do you have EVS set to 0 or 1?

Edited by MediumRoastSteam

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

1 hour ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

Ha! Good stuff. Perfect! Looks like you are on the ball then. 👍

ps: do you have EVS set to 0 or 1?

I keep Evs set to 0. I don't do steam pre infusion only bloom pre infusion

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Inspector said:

I keep Evs set to 0. I don't do steam pre infusion only bloom pre infusion

I was wondering whether that had an effect in draining the boiler. Which you confirmed it did not. 

Good afternoon, 

Did anyone change the screen shower yet or doesn't really matter using the original one or a new IMS for example? 

Also did you ever try to use it with an external water tank or do you always fill it up? My Elizabeth just fit under the cupboard and need to pull it out and push it back when the tank is empty. I thought I maybe could use an external one what is standing next to the machine and easy to refill. 

1 hour ago, Zoltan said:

Good afternoon, 

Did anyone change the screen shower yet or doesn't really matter using the original one or a new IMS for example? 

Also did you ever try to use it with an external water tank or do you always fill it up? My Elizabeth just fit under the cupboard and need to pull it out and push it back when the tank is empty. I thought I maybe could use an external one what is standing next to the machine and easy to refill. 

My guess is that an external water tank won't work; The machine has a low water level alarm, which is probably activated by the magnetic sensor in the tank.

If you keep the original tank quarter or so full in the machine and keep an eye on the external one and keep it topped up all the time(well, most of the time 😀), I don't see why not. Obviously metal lid won't close properly as pipes would be hanging out from side.

Edited by Inspector

Since getting the Elizabeth last week I gently mentioned to my wife how simple it was to use. 

Today she asked if I could show her how to make a latte - by the end of the evening she made one without supervision and it was great - even the milk.

Such a refreshing change from the E61 HX I had before! 

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Zoltan said:

I have. Ended up reverting back to the stock one. I didn't like the IMS CI200IM screen. 

8 hours ago, Zoltan said:

an external water tank

There's no reason why you can't try it out. The machine has a presence sensor for the tank, and a float sensor on the side of the tank. 

As long as you keep the float floating, there's no reason why you couldn't drop the hose into a bottle of water. Just mind the return from the OPV hose (the shorter one). If you leave inside the tank, it will overflow eventually. So best if both hoses are into the water source. 

I noticed during yesterday's "cleanliness is next to godliness" routine that my OPV is running at 9bar. I remember the first couple of times I backflushed it was reaching 11.5bar. Does anyone know why? Is it just a matter of the OPV getting 'broken in'?

PMA all day!

• 2 weeks later...

i've noticed a few times that on first power up in the morning (in economy mode) the brew boiler can overheat above target temp.  i've noticed it seems to coincide with when the water tank is running low on water but not low enough for the low water alarm (maybe 1/3 or 1/4 left in it).  This usually resolves either with a flush of the group or the hot water tap (would this be pretty much the same process when steam boiler is off anyway??) as this drops the temp then it seems to stabilise following this.  Just wondering if this is normal, as it doesn't bother me, but want to make sure its not a fault? 

any advice would be great

Thanks  

Has anyone considered putting the Elizabeth on some taller feet? I sometimes spill some water when removing the drip tray (usually when I've left it too long so it's overfull). This would be easier to clean if the based was raised. 

Is there any reason why that would be a bad idea?

Edited by Bainbridge
Tidying up
1 hour ago, RobDGio said:

i've noticed a few times that on first power up in the morning (in economy mode) the brew boiler can overheat above target temp.

You do realise the machine, from cold, first heats up to approx. 120C (on the display) and then cools down to the set temperature? - This is irrespective of whether the tank is full or not. 

Is this what you are referring to? If so, there's nothing wrong.

Did you read DavecUK's review? link on first post in this thread. If you haven't, make sure you read that thoroughly and use the recommended settings for the PID, specially with regards to showing the actual temperature rather than the set temperature. 

If you've done all of the above and it's something completely different, a video or something like that would be great.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

You do realise the machine, from cold, first heats up to approx. 120C (on the display) and then cools down to the set temperature? - This is irrespective of whether the tank is full or not. 

Is this what you are referring to? If so, there's nothing wrong.

Did you read DavecUK's review? link on first post in this thread. If you haven't, make sure you read that thoroughly and use the recommended settings for the PID, specially with regards to showing the actual temperature rather than the set temperature. 

If you've done all of the above and it's something completely different, a video or something like that would be great.

Mine does it too, but I only notice it on the weekend. On weekdays the timer switches the machine on 30mins before I want to use it.

PMA all day!