IGNORED

New upgraded Lelit on the block - Elizabeth

53 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

no, Gicars stupid system on a soft touch panel (well any panel really)

• press the  right hand button and power on = Factory reset
  • press both buttons in and power on = advanced settings

How did no one at Gicar see this as a potential problem, and I've been banging on about it for almost 15 years. Gicar seem to be a law unto themselves though.

How it should work (only here for Gicars benefit):

• press the  right hand button and power on = advanced settings
  • press both buttons in and power on = Factory reset

I think I had both down and released them before the boot screen switched over so thought it was due to releasing them too soon (could just be making it up too).

Thanks for the explanation, your PID instructions are my reference document so that was called up as soon as it said “Factory OK”. It was supposed to be a quick tweak!

Edited by Kjk

PMA all day!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Arrived it has... flushed it’s been.... coffee it made... I was dreading the two hole tip.... worked wonders for a first one!   just couldn’t take the case off (no time, was on lunch br

I have pre-ordered this machine today. I'll keep everyone posted.

And here it is... now to familiarise myself with the controls... and then make a coffee  

Posted Images

On 26/02/2021 at 20:51, Doram said:

How come your machine doesn't do that? 😉

Same here, another Elizabeth with leds 😁

IMG_20210302_161042.jpg

• Like 2

@Zoltan  - did you connect them to the machine's own supply or external?

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

15 minutes ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

@Zoltan  - did you connect them to the machine's own supply or external?

External. I'm not a great handyman. It's just attached to the machine and to the plug. So individual switchable, useful when dark in the kitchen :)

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, RobDGio said:

Think I’m going to have to copy this. Looks great 👍 

I bought this from Amazon, length is perfect for Elizabeth.

Sticked to the bottom of the top area and on the side.

Screenshot_2021-03-02-18-43-42-887_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

IMG_20210302_184646.jpg

IMG_20210302_184629.jpg

• Like 2

@Ando

mirror

Round Circular Mirror Disc 25 SIZES TO CHOOSE - Silver Circular Acrylic Mirror Round Wall Safety Wedding Table Centre Stand Mirror (65mm) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00PQN0FPG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_N3E0ZQGASFN9VS1TG7ZC?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

phone mount for car

Mpow Upgraded Magnetic Car Phone Holder,Dashboard Car Phone Mount,Mini Magnetic Stylish Metal Phone Holder for iPhone https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08FBVCFF1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_XPAXJ4GX3Y7F3F2WXS7W?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

14 hours ago, RobDGio said:

@Zoltan

thanks for the idea, love the look 

image.jpg

image.jpg

To be honest it's not my idea, I'm a copycat 😁 Saw it before on the forum. I was looking for a light as my kitchen is dark in the morning (my light is ridiculous slow after switching on) and found this as a unique solution :)

Hey guys - been following this great thread since buying a Lelit Elizabeth in September (upgrade from a Sage Oracle). Thanks for all the great advice/tips.

All good with it so far, except...does anyone have an issue with the water tank getting a bit funky?

I have installed the Lelit filter (and changed it within the prescribed time) and also use Brita-filtered water in the tank. But I noticed that the water in the tank had a bit of a musty smell a couple of months ago, so I pulled it out and washed & sterilised it.

But, again this morning, I've noticed the same thing. Again, I've washed it out but this time I pulled the water right through the boiler until it ran clear and tasted OK from the hot water spout.

I'm wondering if by filtering the water before filling the tank I might be pulling out the stuff that keeps the water from getting a bit manky. I never had this issue with the Sage.

Also, I'm only pulling a couple of shots every day so maybe I shouldn't keep the tank topped-up completely?

Any thoughts?

Maybe I should add that I live in South Wales and the tap water is pretty good. The hardness is under 100ppm and, after going through a new Brita filter, it's under 25ppm.

It also tastes quite reasonable - not too chlorinated and no other noticeable taste that I'm aware of.

I've only had my Elizabeth for a couple of months now but I've never had an issue with the water tank.

I do clean it out (rinse with soapy water) every couple of weeks. I also go through a reasonable amount of water so it's never sat for very long in the tank.

I'd recommend stepping up how often you clean it. Leaving it a couple of months, or waiting for a smell to develop, before cleaning is the likely culprit.

• Like 1

@Maximum_RnB  - Had my Elizabeth since July last year. I use exclusively distilled water, remineralised, and never had an issue with the water smelling musty. I go through a tank of water every 6 days or so. 

• Like 1

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

Thanks fellas. 

I'm now well and truly down the rabbit-hole of water filtering/purification and am currently on page 5 of Dave's Osmio Zero review so fully anticipate spending another £400 on my coffee habit next week 🤑

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Maximum_RnB said:

Thanks fellas. 

I'm now well and truly down the rabbit-hole of water filtering/purification and am currently on page 5 of Dave's Osmio Zero review so fully anticipate spending another £400 on my coffee habit next week 🤑

If you decide to go ahead don't forget forum discount.

https://coffeeforums.co.uk/topic/57514-new-osmio-water-exclusive-coffee-forum-member-offers/?tab=comments#comment-811261

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Maximum_RnB said:

Thanks fellas. 

I have done it ten days ago and I'm really happy with Osmio. Cannot drink much coffee at the moment due to health reasons, but the taste is much improved in my morning americano as well as all the tea and water consumed throughout the rest of the day. Great addition to any kitchen (especially with disgusting north London water).

I clean the water tank with Milton every two weeks.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Maximum_RnB said:

Thanks fellas. 

You didn’t buy the bianca so there are some rationalisation £s to spend...

• Like 1

PMA all day!

Just now, Kjk said:

You didn’t buy the bianca so there are some rationalisation £s to spend...

LOL, true. But I did buy a Niche Zero around the same time.

And I have other expensive fads to funds...