IGNORED

New upgraded Lelit on the block - Elizabeth

1 minute ago, Inspector said:

What settings have you decided to use in the end?

Well, defo not Lelit's! :D

I've got Clive Coffee's key'd in at the moment. Not that it makes much difference, because either that one or Dave's both do a great job in terms of stability and recovery.  Have a go and see if one works better than the other for you.

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Arrived it has... flushed it’s been.... coffee it made... I was dreading the two hole tip.... worked wonders for a first one!   just couldn’t take the case off (no time, was on lunch br

Ok, will do thanks - just wanted to double check I'd read it right! Now the journey begins to trying to make good coffee... Can't blame the kit 😂

I suppose I'll have a go then... The group of the Minima is very different to the group on the Elizabeth. Yes, it's a 58mm group, the portafilter and the group gasket is the same. And that's it.

Posted Images

When I was doing those temperature studies, I started to wonder how come I changed the brew temperature from C to F and did not notice any difference in taste? "Going mad must you be, hmmm?"

Well... In the advanced settings, the Ec settings is the "brew boiler temp offset". For instance, if that value is set to 10, it means that the temperature in the boiler is 10 degrees hotter than the group. Meaning that, when the display reads 93C, the temperature inside the boiler is therefore 103C.

So, if you go and change to display the temperature in degrees Fahrenheit, the brew temperature would display 200F. (instead of 93C). However, the offset in the advanced settings is still 10. If that "10" was related to the unit being displayed, then I would expect the temperature inside the boiler to be 210F right? (Wrong! Because that would be 99C - almost 4 degrees difference. However, nor do I notice a difference in taste nor do I see my the boiler all of a sudden working harder when I change back to C.

After some analysis and playing with wild offsets, I have concluded that the parameter Ec in advanced settings is always in degrees Celsius, irrespective of the unit your machine is displaying in the LCC.

• Like 2

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Quick update...

these are my shower screen and dispersion plate after 4 weeks. I backflush every two weeks, so this is after backflushing today. The photos are as they came out. I didn’t clean or scrub anything. Goes to show that, my cleanliness is next to godliness regime of flushing the machine for approx. 1 second and immediately wiping the shower screen with a sponge cloth afterwards is worth the while. 

B87F1DEC-9C60-439C-A8C8-32083C9F4CFD.jpeg

A5651837-CCA7-4FC3-9ED9-AA19DAE4FE7F.jpeg

Edited by MediumRoastSteam
  • Like 2

Looks good! I’m due to clean mine tomorrow after about a month so I’ll compare (though I also flush it every couple of weeks and run it for a second or 2 after pulling the shots)

• Like 1
3 hours ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

Quick update...

these are my shower screen and dispersion plate after 4 weeks. I backflush every two weeks, so this is after backflushing today. The photos are as they came out. I didn’t clean or scrub anything. Goes to show that, my cleanliness is next to godliness regime of flushing the machine for approx. 1 second and immediately wiping the shower screen with a sponge cloth afterwards is worth the while. 

BFCE0045-4BBE-4149-88F8-AECEAEF39958.jpeg

072BE631-A908-4704-9ED0-6908BE4B56F0.jpeg

So it's cleaning show off day today, is it? 🙂

Group.thumb.jpeg.5cbcbf1f56192d0f1b9bc3554b9053a4.jpegburrs.thumb.jpeg.241abdaf5ab70f4e1a238ad10c520fd8.jpeg

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Cuprajake said:

Some one used a knob off a stereo

Thank you for your reply. I was hoping for something nicer, possibly something from Lelit  😃

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Nima said:

Thank you for your reply. I was hoping for something nicer, possibly something from Lelit  😃

Nothing from Lelit. If you read up on this thread, someone replaced the steam knob with something off eBay. 

• Like 1

Lelit know I personally hate the knob 😂 a satin used metal alloy would have been nice...even in a contrasting colour.

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 1

899161310_ricehaiku.JPG.d69e44c11eab9645400547eea500ba1c.JPG

12 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

Lelit know I personally hate the knob 😂 a satin used metal alloy would have been nice...even in a contrasting colour.

Maybe you can convince them to make a replacement part !

37 minutes ago, Cuprajake said:

Exactly for a 1k machine that bloody knob is awful lol 

29 minutes ago, Nima said:

Maybe you can convince them to make a replacement part !

Apparently it was so it matched the portafilter handle... Also distasteful in my opinion. Just the ya oldie box standard bakelite would've done the trick nicely.... For both!

• Like 1

So after a lot of deliberation, a good few hours reading various threads on this forum, Dave C's excellent reviews etc.. my shiny new Elizabeth arrived this afternoon, and I absolutely love it!  

My preference had been the Minima, as I prefer the traditional look of it (the black version looks stunning), but my wife wanted the ability to just push a button on the rare occasions she makes coffees so the Elizabeth won.

I think it looks fantastic in the flesh, certainly much better than I was expecting based on photos online. And I am finding it a dream to use so far. I am not at the stage of trialling all the pre infusion stuff just yet, once I get consistent shots using standard method I will dabble with that. 

Thanks to all the regulars on this thread - your comments and advice to others went a long way in helping me reach my decision. 

• Like 8

I am not sure if this was discussed before but during the dialing in process should I add the pre-infusion time to the total desired extraction time? For example if I am shooting for 25 -30 seconds of extraction time and I have 6 seconds of pre-infusion should I aim for to 31-36 seconds ? 

1 hour ago, Nima said:

I am not sure if this was discussed before but during the dialing in process should I add the pre-infusion time to the total desired extraction time? For example if I am shooting for 25 -30 seconds of extraction time and I have 6 seconds of pre-infusion should I aim for to 31-36 seconds ? 

Yes. Count pre-infusion in as the shot will run faster after pre-infusion anyway. 

• Like 2

Really[emoji15]? I was targeting always for 25-27" for 1-2 ratio.

Well i had always good shots and good flavour but now will live it for the 6" of pre infusion a bit more. Will target for 30" shot[emoji14] hoping this would work better.

Haven't written anything on the topic, but my impression with Eli is so positive and guys (MediumRoster and Davec) are answering all the possible q.

Really fantastic VFM machine.

• Like 1