New upgraded Lelit on the block - Elizabeth

For the sake of transparency, I have asked one of the moderators of this forum to hide a post I made a couple of months ago. It showed my machine, a brand new Elizabeth, with a Cafelat red gasket and an IMS CI 200 MI shower screen. After a lot of experimentation and usage, I found that those things are not beneficial at all for this machine. See post 215 just above this one. 

In the interest of not misguiding visitors and members of this forum, I have asked for it to be removed from view.

The subsequent post from DavecUK comments that “it looks nice”. Well, it looked, because the post he refers to is no longer visible. 😉

Thanks for the understanding.

and for clarity... it now looks like this (exactly as it came from the factory)

image.jpg

• Like 4

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Arrived it has... flushed it’s been.... coffee it made... I was dreading the two hole tip.... worked wonders for a first one!   just couldn’t take the case off (no time, was on lunch br

I suppose I'll have a go then... The group of the Minima is very different to the group on the Elizabeth. Yes, it's a 58mm group, the portafilter and the group gasket is the same. And that's it.

I have pre-ordered this machine today. I'll keep everyone posted.

Posted Images

Did my first clean with detergent (puly caff) at the weekend, so a backflush with water only, a bf with detergent and a bf with water again.  followed by some throw away coffee.

This week some how the pump sounds more ‘rattly’ (not sure if I’m imaging it.  coffee is same as before).  Any thoughts?

13 minutes ago, eamon said:

Did my first clean with detergent (puly caff) at the weekend, so a backflush with water only, a bf with detergent and a bf with water again.  followed by some throw away coffee.

This week some how the pump sounds more ‘rattly’ (not sure if I’m imaging it.  coffee is same as before).  Any thoughts?

Skip the water backflush. There's no reason to do this. Go straight to detergent backflush, and then backflush with water afterwards if you really want to. Or, if you want to be pragmatic and efficient, do what DavecUK says in his review. 🙂 

Pump sounding rattly: No. A backflush cannot cause that. The reason why is that the hose is rattling inside the tank. As a test, open the tank compartment and position them away from the wall of the tank or hold them: The rattle will go away.  The main culprit is the little gauze at the end of the inlet hose. You can simply remove that if you want.

• Thanks 1

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

So, today is the day then ? 🥳 - Christmas coming early for you!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, eamon said:

Thanks MRS, refilled (removed) the water tank this morning, seems ok again.

Yep! More water, more floating, less rattling 🙂. You do notice the machine gets rattly as the water level in the tank goes past halfway. On mine, I have extended the hose further by splicing another piece of silicone hose with a teflon tube which O.D. is equal to the I.D of the hose. The extension now touches the bottom of the tank and the gauze just sits there. No more crazy rattling 🙂

Edited by MediumRoastSteam

1 hour ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

So, today is the day then ? 🥳 - Christmas coming early for you!

It is and it’s arrived! Unfortunately not going to be home till later but nice knowing it’s waiting for me! 😀

• Like 1

For all the new owners and prospective owners, before you even turn the machine on, I strongly recommend you read and watch @DavecUK's review of this machine, linked in the first post. Including the advanced settings part. Presumably you already did that and that's one of the reasons you bought the machine, but just a reminder, just in case. 🙂 - Enjoy!

Edit: And looks like it's out of stock again!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

For all the new owners and prospective owners, before you even turn the machine on, I strongly recommend you read and watch @DavecUK's review of this machine, linked in the first post. Including the advanced settings part. Presumably you already did that and that's one of the reasons you bought the machine, but just a reminder, just in case. 🙂 - Enjoy!

Edit: And looks like it's out of stock again!

already done - several times.

Mine is here - still working from home mainly, so i'll get to unpack after lunch.

• Like 1

so first shot, some beans roasted medium-light yesterday for pour-over...... choked the grinder on an espresso settting - wasnt very tasty.  Second shot, used the beans BB kindly put in the box.... better, nice espresso a bit under extracted, probably needs to be a bit finer....... nicely built machine....

• Like 3

next shot - slightly finer grind - could possibly go finer - good espresso though.  Made a latte (no art!) for the wife - turned out good - she was happy, and you could get the sweetness coming from the milk.  I like this machine - even in a few hours it has put the joy back into coffee....

@MediumRoastSteam you were right - it does heat up quickly!

Need a milk thermometer, tamping mat and a knock box might be useful.

Edited by ZiggyMarley
  • Like 1

So finally got everything setup and pulled the first few shots. Still waiting for my VST basket to arrived so been using the lelit basket. Managed to get some fairly decent shots out already which is great. Tried one with pre infusion which completely failed so need to check my settings there. But very impressed so far. And steam wand is another level (or 3!) on the barista express!

3 hours ago, TD66 said:

So finally got everything setup and pulled the first few shots. Still waiting for my VST basket to arrived so been using the lelit basket. Managed to get some fairly decent shots out already which is great. Tried one with pre infusion which completely failed so need to check my settings there. But very impressed so far. And steam wand is another level (or 3!) on the barista express!

Glad to hear it! Pre-infusion is so cool. Once you get the gist it works wonders. Aim for the overall shot time to be about the same (maybe a few seconds longer?) - and you'd need to grind slightly finer too. See what works for you.

is it a cat or a Bat? 😂

Gaggia Classic 2010 PID(IMS 200µm shower screen&Brass Dispersion Plate&OPV and Steam Wand Modded) | Kinu M47 V3 Niche Zero White | Bottomless Portafilter&VST Ridgeless 18gr & 22gr  | MouMou 58mm Distribution Tool | 2X 64oz Airscapes & CoffeeVac

For anyone interested in metrics, I just backflushed the machine as per DavecUK’s recommendation in his review: 

- 2 times 6 seconds “rinsing” (two top buttons pressed together)
- machine’s backflushing auto program (top + bottom buttons pressed in sequence).

The total amount of water used was approx. 250ml

• Like 4

Bella Barista decided to increase the price of the Elizabeth to £1,149 (£50 increase), currently sold out.

La Macchina Del Caffe (https://www.lamacchinadelcaffe.com/lelit.html) has it in stock for €1,040. (£946). I hear nothing but great service from them, and they ship to the UK very fast. The Elizabeth has a kettle style plug, so just buy a new one from Amazon (if you do, buy one which is right angled, so machine is flush against the wall) for £5 and Bob is your uncle. No need for adapters!

Tempted but doesnt say if it is V3. I might email them and ask.

Gaggia Classic 2010 PID(IMS 200µm shower screen&Brass Dispersion Plate&OPV and Steam Wand Modded) | Kinu M47 V3 Niche Zero White | Bottomless Portafilter&VST Ridgeless 18gr & 22gr  | MouMou 58mm Distribution Tool | 2X 64oz Airscapes & CoffeeVac

@Inspector, very confident it is. @eamon bought from them I believe.

On 22/08/2020 at 19:08, eamon said:

My machine was made July 2020 and has v505.
There was a leaflet with the new features, I'll try to upload tomorrow.
It comes with a cheap plastic tamper. To avoid confusion the red tamper and wooden handle porta filter in my photo were bought as extras.
For other eu buyers, I got mine from https://www.lamacchinadelcaffe.com

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

@Inspector, very confident it is. @eamon bought from them I believe.

Yes, was V3 as you say.  Quoted original post above (is V505a to be more specific).