New upgraded Lelit on the block - Elizabeth

Looks like there's a better, upgraded version of the Lelit Elizabeth which will launch this month. 

Even better, looks like @DavecUK reviewed it!

https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/2020/05/08/lelit-elizabeth/

Wondering if Bella Barista will stock it. In my opinion, this is a direct contender to the Sage Dual Boiler and the Profitec Pro 300.

• Like 5

Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Arrived it has... flushed it’s been.... coffee it made... I was dreading the two hole tip.... worked wonders for a first one!   just couldn’t take the case off (no time, was on lunch br

I have pre-ordered this machine today. I'll keep everyone posted.

I suppose I'll have a go then... The group of the Minima is very different to the group on the Elizabeth. Yes, it's a 58mm group, the portafilter and the group gasket is the same. And that's it.

Posted Images

Posted (edited)

I thought Holy crap that's good, I initially thought, bet it's the old version not the one I had changes made on. However they say coming soon and I know stock goes out next week, well you saw the build line photos in the review.

I actually expected it to be closer to £1200 (pure guess) .. So a lot less than I thought. Perhaps MaraX won't be huge competition unless someone really wants an E61 and it goes on looks. 

I suspect Elizabeth might be a really good seller as well. 

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

Guys need your help because I've gone word blind. If you guys can proof read for me, I'd appreciate it. In case there's something I've missed or something is not right. You might see it refresh as I am going to get a coffee then come back and look for typos. Steam preinfusion is working very well for my Ethiopian!

I made a small maintenance sway that I will link to in the main review. Hopefully it will cover some key questions such as service boiler water refresh and also descaling.

thumbnailImage?imageId=MdBLLo3MipJ-Gr&width=600&height=180&isPreview=false
Lelit Elizabeth (PL92T) Maintenance Tips
This is an extra to the review and a living document during the initial launch of the revised Elizabeth and are maintenance tips I'm gradually pulling together as I have time.

Go to this Sway

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 1

Thanks @DavecUK, been looking forward to hearing about this one. It was an interesting machine before and sounds like they've hit the mark with the latest tweaks.

I wonder if at some point they'll look at implementing onboard or even app-based profiling/logging on a machine like the Elizabeth. Do you get any sense that they're interested in this route or are they happy with where they are?

32 minutes ago, Skizz said:

Thanks @DavecUK

I wonder if at some point they'll look at implementing onboard or even app-based profiling/logging on a machine like the Elizabeth. Do you get any sense that they're interested in this route or are they happy with where they are?

I don't know to be honest. If I had to guess I'd say they are a company never satisfied and always looking to improve. So it's likely but as always,  each machine needs to have it's technological and economical place in the range. 

Sometimes to make something new you can only enhance the existing so far and it becomes easier to start again. 

• Like 1

Be interesting to see what connections can be made to the LLC to see if information can be pulled.

Didnt seem to tricky on the MaraX but different kettle of fish

For those interested in this machine, does anyone have any opinions on the following:
- PTFE tubing; (instead of brass)
- steam knob and PF handle material: looks very cheap.
- two hole steam tip: why not 3 or 4? Personally, I found it difficult to use a two hole steam tip, because it can point at different directions depending on the angle of the steam wand.
- Lelit CC: do you feel it is too clever? How about being proprietary to Lelit? All good whilst it’s made and the machine is being produced/continued and Lelit supports it... but what if the machine is discontinued?

Just trying to get to know your thoughts. It’s a great machine, but a couple of the above points do make me think carefully before considering pulling the trigger.

24 minutes ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

For those interested in this machine, does anyone have any opinions on the following:
1. - PTFE tubing; (instead of brass)
2. - steam knob and PF handle material: looks very cheap.
3. - two hole steam tip: why not 3 or 4? Personally, I found it difficult to use a two hole steam tip, because it can point at different directions depending on the angle of the steam wand.
4. - Lelit CC: do you feel it is too clever? How about being proprietary to Lelit? All good whilst it’s made and the machine is being produced/continued and Lelit supports it... but what if the machine is discontinued?

Just trying to get to know your thoughts. It’s a great machine, but a couple of the above points do make me think carefully before considering pulling the trigger.

1. Prefer it, asked for it on the Vesuvius, makes maintenance much easier, easy to remove and refit. If you ever need to remake an entire tube (unlikely), then you just buy a metre and cut it to length, If the Italians in the old days had had PTFE tubing, they would have probably used it. It's also used on many machines nowadays. I've given the same advice to people who wanted steel pipework on a Vesuvius. Steel looks super nice and may well last for ever... but if I'm doing maintenance give me PTFE every time. I especially like the pushfit connectors as well, they have worked well on various machines over the years and they are easiest of all to play around with..

2. Put a new knob on.....Long story about the knob, I'll tell you one day over a coffee.

3. Put a new handle on, portafilter is really heavy though, very nice weight. I use my Minima naked portafilter. The handle is part of the overall design.

3. It's a domestic machine  many/most prosumer machines use 1 or 2 holes to help maintain pressure, the higher the pressure the better the steaming ("drier") and the milk produced.

4. LCC is made by Gicar, the programming is proprietary (as in all machines) Most of the industry uses Gicar control systems. I know because I took one apart and it's written on the rear label. There are 4 types of LCC a white/black and hi/low memory versions. It's used all over their range. On grinders, smaller machines, Bianca, Elizabeth etc.. Only the software is different on each. I can take the LCC out of the Bianca and reflash it for the Elizabeth, or vice versa. A very few authorised dealers may have the reflash ability, otherwise they can simply provide a replacement LCC. So even if the machine is ever discontinued (and that's unlikely as it's quite new), they will still be using the LCC in many other machines.

The code of your existing LCC can even be read back and reflashed onto a new unit if you want to keep the same software version, say where programming has accommodated a significant hardware change and your LCC had some other issue like damage to the front..

• Like 2

Great that they fitted the silent pump and I'm glad this came out after I've got the MaraX :D

• Like 1

The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.

MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, MaraXprofitec, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air, Niche Zero, Aergrind, IMS and VST baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, modded Gene Cafe CBR 101, BWT Bestmax PREMIUM V

Great that they fitted the silent pump and I'm glad this came out after I've got the MaraX [emoji3]

Well... they are different things right. The HX subtle cleverness of the MaraX gives it the edge over other HX machines.

The Elizabeth is an entry level dual boiler, and very, very clever.

It depends what you want really. For me, heat up time and being compact, as being able to manage temperature well for brew and temp (no SBDU) are my top requirements. There are about 3 machines capable of that: The Elizabeth, the P-300 and the Sage Dual Boiler.

I do love the simplicity of the MaraX. If I had the space and I could leave it on all day, it would be a no brainer.
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Stanic said:

Great that they fitted the silent pump and I'm glad this came out after I've got the MaraX :D

Sorry...but It was a completely confidential project. It doesn't make the MaraX worse, it's still great at a great price and the Elizabeth looks won't be for everyone. It also costs more and it's a dual boiler.

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Stanic said:

For appearances i think you have the nicer machine and at least it never complicated the process of choosing 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ECM Mechanika V Slim.   Osmio Zero. Niche  Zero 
Eureka Mignon. Sold . Sage dtp  Retired. La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi 2 R.I.P

They are both great machines having them side by side showed me that.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Lelit come out with for 2021. I think by pushing the boundaries it keeps other manufacturers on their toes, and we all benefit.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

They are both great machines having them side by side showed me that.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Lelit come out with for 2021. I think by pushing the boundaries it keeps other manufacturers on their toes, and we all benefit.

They are certainly innovative and the high sales from the lockdown should give then good funding 

Mind i hope I won’t be looking for a machine in 2021 😂😂

• Haha 1

@DavecUK keeps casting doubts in my mind... Shall I wait until 2021 for the solenoid operated half e-61 group with recessive water tap MaraY? 😂

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

@DavecUK keeps casting doubts in my mind... Shall I wait until 2021 for the solenoid operated half e-61 group with recessive water tap MaraY? 😂

I heard its going to be the MaraZ 

The good thing about buying a nice machine....how much you enjoy it. The bad thing is the fun of the chase is over for a long time, unless you flip machines often and have severe upgraditis whatever you have.

My problem is I love using different machines as long as they are good and interesting. There's a lot of fun in taming a new machine, learning how to get the best out of it and of course, the different innovations manufacturers have...it means I'm always learning.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

@DavecUK what routine works well for back-to-back shots on such small boiler? Especially for higher brewing temperatures like 95C. How long do you need to wait between shots and if any warming flushes are needed?

And second question, does it work to brew and steam at the same time? Or brew heating element gets priority and steam becoming weaker?

Edited by untoldex
Wrong user mentioned
1 minute ago, untoldex said:

@DaveC  1.what routine works well for back-to-back shots on such small boiler? Especially for higher brewing temperatures like 95C. How long do you need to wait between shots and if any warming flushes are needed?

2. And second question, does it work to brew and steam at the same time? Or brew heating element gets priority and steam becoming weaker?

1. Just make the shots one after another, it's not a problem. no flushes are needed and it's ready when you are

2. Yes and there is no problem with steam power. It also doesn't affect the pressure of steam preinfusion if you steam during the preinfusion phase.

@DavecUK thanks for the review of the Elizabeth

I'd be really torn between this and MaraX but fortunately I'm not 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.

MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, MaraXprofitec, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air, Niche Zero, Aergrind, IMS and VST baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, modded Gene Cafe CBR 101, BWT Bestmax PREMIUM V

It does sound but of an ideal machine (other than its more than I ideally wanted to spend). But I think it will last longer than upgraditis and it seems like Lelit make them somewhat upgradable with the new components. 

@MediumRoastSteam you get one and let me know what you think 😁

• Haha 2