Burnzy

MaraX very long warm up

Hey.

just thought id start a post see if anyone can help. 
machine working as expected yesterday, switch it on this morning to use, but it took 45/50 mins to be ready (two solid lights) i did nothing, did not touch it - it felt warm enough to use after 30 mins but just continued to flash 

spoke to Bella Barista they said that is way too long obviously and want me to try again tomorrow. 

any ideas? or have i got a faulty one? 

Feeling pretty gutted 

Twitter @Burnzy378

Instagram roast_2_roast

5 minutes ago, Burnzy said:

Hey.

just thought id start a post see if anyone can help. 
machine working as expected yesterday, switch it on this morning to use, but it took 45/50 mins to be ready (two solid lights) i did nothing, did not touch it - it felt warm enough to use after 30 mins but just continued to flash 

spoke to Bella Barista they said that is way too long obviously and want me to try again tomorrow. 

any ideas? or have i got a faulty one? 

Feeling pretty gutted 

I do not have Mara X but in my case when the machine is heated up the light switches off. Are you saying that when yours is up to the temperatures the lights are on with no blinking?

45 minutes is not too long for a HX machine to be ready, but I agree that you would expect 30 minutes to be enough. Any chance your kitchen was colder today than tomorrow?

Nothing succeeds as planned.

ACS Vesuvius, Nuova Simonelli Apia I 1 gr, San Remo 1 gr., Bezzera BZ35e, Fracino Heavenly, Saeco Via Veneto Combi de Luxe, Mythos Plus Nuova Simonelli, Anfim Super Lusso, Cunill Space, Gene Cafe

Yeah on MaraX one of the pilot lights flashes as it warms up. 
Its ready to use when both are solid. It worked in expected time frames yesterday. 
No issues with kitchen being cold or anything like that. :( im hoping other users just say its normal but im guessing its not, the technician at bella barista said its way too long. 
and i know when i switch it on as i was in a meeting at work, i looked at exact time - and it both lights popped on when i was speaking to BB. 

Twitter @Burnzy378

Instagram roast_2_roast

During the warm up what does the steam pressure gauge do?

I assume your water tank has sufficient water throughout this process? 

2 minutes ago, cengland117 said:

During the warm up what does the steam pressure gauge do?

I assume your water tank has sufficient water throughout this process? 

Yep checked water. Pressure stayed very steady just above 1 bar every time i checked 

Twitter @Burnzy378

Instagram roast_2_roast

That sounds really similar to the issue I have with mine except mine would tell me temperature had been reached (both lights on constantly) accept the steam pressure wouldn’t drop below 1 which of course means the HX water will be too hot if you then pull a shot. 

My machine is currently back at BB for an inspection/repair. It is a suspected issue with a solenoid valve that isn’t sealing quite right all the time. Sometimes my machine worked fine and others it would take an hour to drop to the correct temperature. 

25 minutes ago, cengland117 said:

That sounds really similar to the issue I have with mine except mine would tell me temperature had been reached (both lights on constantly) accept the steam pressure wouldn’t drop below 1 which of course means the HX water will be too hot if you then pull a shot. 

My machine is currently back at BB for an inspection/repair. It is a suspected issue with a solenoid valve that isn’t sealing quite right all the time. Sometimes my machine worked fine and others it would take an hour to drop to the correct temperature. 

Aw sorry to hear you had issues to, Yeah i suspect this one will be going back too. Pretty deflated as this was a dream purchase for me 😔

Twitter @Burnzy378

Instagram roast_2_roast

I got a bloody superb coffee from it as well, and it should have been a great moment but sat just worried about the machine. Don't like the thought of having to box it all up and send back 😔

A72E3C91-C606-443E-90B4-6EEBE2653B20.jpeg

Twitter @Burnzy378

Instagram roast_2_roast

I got a bloody superb coffee from it as well, and it should have been a great moment but sat just worried about the machine. Don't like the thought of having to box it all up and send back A72E3C91-C606-443E-90B4-6EEBE2653B20.thumb.jpeg.ff24a9b51bbcf85f4ba6320c8b25d6f2.jpeg

Is the machine on brew or steam priority mode?

Edit: as answered in the other thread, it’s in brew priority mode.

OP: can you double check and confirm this is the case?

• Like 1

Just now, MediumRoastSteam said:

Is the machine on brew or steam priority mode?

if he says steam, he is going on the ignore list.....

• Haha 1

My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ - Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl .......

Yep sorry - yes brew mode to avoid having to flush 

Twitter @Burnzy378

Instagram roast_2_roast

10 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

if he says steam, he is going on the ignore list.....

I can tell I'm petering on the edge with you, because if the whole, ‘is it out of water? no its got water, oh its out of water’ thing from yesterday. 😂 

Twitter @Burnzy378

Instagram roast_2_roast

12 minutes ago, Burnzy said:

I can tell I'm petering on the edge with you, because if the whole, ‘is it out of water? no its got water, oh its out of water’ thing from yesterday. 😂 

Unless I see a photo with the switch in the right position....it didn't happen! ;)

• Haha 1

My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ - Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl .......

Posted (edited)

Here ya go. 33 minutes. this morning 45 mins. 
it does in on STM and DTM it was really hot by 24 minutes. 

No answers from Lelit, they have no idea. Guess it may have to go back. Totally gutted. :( 

Please excuse washing machine, thats not the Lelit 

Edited by Burnzy

Twitter @Burnzy378

Instagram roast_2_roast

6 minutes ago, Burnzy said:

Here ya go. 33 minutes. this morning 45 mins. 
it does in on STM and DTM it was really hot by 24 minutes. 

No answers from Lelit, they have no idea. Guess it may have to go back. Totally gutted. :( 

Have you spoken with Lelit and they can not advise a possible cause. Is 33 mins too long 

ECM Mechanika V Slim.   Osmio Zero.
Eureka Mignon.
Sage dtp  Retired La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi 2 R.I.P

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Border_all said:

Have you spoken with Lelit and they can not advise a possible cause. Is 33 mins too long 

Yeah 33 mins is too long, as was 45 this morning. Yeah Lelit have no clue. Its going to have to go back. Think ill have a rethink about this machine. 😔

Edited by Burnzy

Twitter @Burnzy378

Instagram roast_2_roast

Steam pressure never budges no matter what mode i’m in. I think its supposed to lower than that in Brew Priority Mode, and boost when i close the coffee handle. But it does nothing. (I may be wrong on that) 

Twitter @Burnzy378

Instagram roast_2_roast

37 minutes ago, Burnzy said:

Yeah 33 mins is too long, as was 45 this morning. Yeah Lelit have no clue. Its going to have to go back. Think ill have a rethink about this machine. 😔

That’s a shame after waiting so long hope you sort something soon 👍

• Thanks 1

ECM Mechanika V Slim.   Osmio Zero.
Eureka Mignon.
Sage dtp  Retired La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi 2 R.I.P

Interesting I watch the video seemed like a bit of a delay before water came out of the group and a funny sound like bubbling hot air for a fraction of a second? I wonder if the thermosyphon is getting air locked, it certainly would account for a very long warm-up time.

I was hoping you would draw water from the group again a short time (30s )later to compare.

To test this, simply lift the lever after you have switched the machine on to draw water through the group. See if it then warms up normally. Keep doing that and if it keeps warming up normally, that's the problem. Although this doesn't solve it, it forms valuable feedback for Lelit and the retailer. I've never had the problem so can't really test it.

Well I suppose I could actually lift the lever into the halfway position, allow the HX to empty a bit and then see what it does on warmup....but no time at the moment

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

Interesting I watch the video seemed like a bit of a delay before water came out of the group and a funny sound like bubbling hot air for a fraction of a second? I wonder if the thermosyphon is getting air locked, it certainly would account for a very long warm-up time.

I was hoping you would draw water from the group again a short time (30s )later to compare.

To test this, simply lift the lever after you have switched the machine on to draw water through the group. See if it then warms up normally. Keep doing that and if it keeps warming up normally, that's the problem. Although this doesn't solve it, it forms valuable feedback for Lelit and the retailer. I've never had the problem so can't really test it.

Well I suppose I could actually lift the lever into the halfway position, allow the HX to empty a bit and then see what it does on warmup....but no time at the moment

Thank you, i genuinely appreciate the input. 
ill give it a go and see what happens but i don’t want to delay sending this back for too long if i can help it, as i guess ill have to wait for machine to be fully cooled to get accurate results? 

Twitter @Burnzy378

Instagram roast_2_roast

Posted (edited)

Probably yeah, just look at that video and listen as well you will hear that funny sound and a slight delay, almost as if the funny sound was air. In a normal HX that wouldn't matter so much but in a machine with a temp sensor in the thermosyphon an airlock could cause a longer than normal warm up time. I'm just guessing though. Mine always worked well when I was watching it...perhaps the uncertainty principle at work...someone talked knowledgeably about that if I remember ;)

For a lot of the time I just came down at 9 or 9:30 am and it had been on since 8:00 am. On those occasions when I got up early, I never saw anything unusual. it's orth delaying sending it back for a day or so as it's a great machine and you can be very helpful with the feedback. Plus if the problem was common it would be all over the next as they have sold 100s and 100s of machines

Edited by DavecUK
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, DavecUK said:

Probably yeah, just look at that video and listen as well you will hear that funny sound and a slight delay, almost as if the funny sound was air. In a normal HX that wouldn't matter so much but in a machine with a temp sensor in the thermosyphon an airlock could cause a longer than normal warm up time. I'm just guessing though. Mine always worked well when I was watching it...perhaps the uncertainty principle at work...someone talked knowledgeably about that if I remember ;)

For a lot of the time I just came down at 9 or 9:30 am and it had been on since 8:00 am. On those occasions when I got up early, I never saw anything unusual. it's orth delaying sending it back for a day or so as it's a great machine and you can be very helpful with the feedback. Plus if the problem was common it would be all over the next as they have sold 100s and 100s of machines

Morning Dave 

So this morning i thought i would try what you suggested. 
Machine in BPM, switched on and lifted lever to pull some water through. 
50 min warm up till ready, so even longer than the 33 mins yesterday. 
video here 

excuse my wife getting ready for work and just as i lifted lever to listen for air/bubbling noise my bloody cat starting scratching the washing basket. I did hear the noise again, and delay in water coming through. I lift again in 30 secs to compare. Because of my cat please see/hear side by side below - as its not clear on the first video. 

I did pull a fantastic coffee, but sadly this clearly needs to go back. 

Thanks for all your help. I will suggest to BB it may be the thermosyphon. 

Edited by Burnzy

Twitter @Burnzy378

Instagram roast_2_roast

Posted (edited)

I actually suspect it's not the thermposyphon now. If you already pulled water through when you switched it on and then let it warm up, theres no way it can be air. It was a long shot because the delay was very small, but that vibe pump does have a slow ramp. So must be something else going on....possibly a bad temperature sensor in the Thermosyphon...not much else it can be.

I think the bubbling sound may simply be a reflection of how hot the system is due to the temp taking so long to settle.

Bummer, must be disappointing but at least you know they have stock now.

Edited by DavecUK
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Dave, appreciate the help. They are picking it up tomorrow, and going to try to fix it i think. :) 

unpacked the sage DTP (thats depressing) 

• Like 1

Twitter @Burnzy378

Instagram roast_2_roast

Posted (edited)

Hopefully it will be as quick and easy as perhaps replacing the thermal sensor. :)

Lot of machines sold, so hopefully only a few with problems....Lelit have a pretty professional setup for the building of machines. I have some factory photos and was quite impressed. I used some of the production line photos in my Elizabeth review, soon to be published....in MS Sway this time :)

P.S. At least you're not on the Ignore list ;)

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 2