Europiccola

My first shot

Well, I've heard how hard it is. Was braced but first shot is on of the nicest shots I've ever made. Hopefully not a fluke.

I'm not an expert , but not a novice having worked in a cafe for a year between jobs recently which was fun and owning a Gaggia Classic.

The bean is fresh last week, from Crankhouse, and I kept the same grind setting in the Specialiata, and set it to dispense 15g. I got 38g out in about 25 seconds. I will experiment with mini Fellainis (?) and all that , but it was lovely . With this I did a 1 mini fellaini

Anyway, what a great start.

First thing I notice is how tricky it is to lift the handle with one hand and use a screen brush in the other as the machine wants to tip backwards , I like to clean the screen whilst the water is running.657c94c47f43196f0c96d5dbe15000a1.jpg8ac9fc2caeac06d547ef0ef9e88ec26c.jpg

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Just seen this, where’s the classic gone mate? Bloody hell off for a week so much happens, @Jony brought a snow tank the vostok! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

BE - White niche - V60 - Joey custom tamper - WPM - Acaia lunar 

Looks good, and mighty tempting. I’ve been eyeing up an LP myself.

• Like 1

EK43S-Coffee Burrs-V60-RokGC-Stagg EKG-Osmio Zero

Just seen this, where’s the classic gone mate? Bloody hell off for a week so much happens, @Jony brought a snow tank the vostok! 
Sold it, wasn't getting on with the steamer and just couldn't make great flat whites, for which you need a ristretto, hence the desire to play with the La Pav

Haha nice! How is it? When you wanna sell it message me 😂😂

Lol, lively coffee today and I haven't even got into the Marouane Fellainis and surfing and stuff, this is a keeper I think

24 minutes ago, Joe shorrock said:

Haha nice! How is it? When you wanna sell it message me 😂😂

Won't be long at his rate🤣

• Haha 1

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

I've had 8 ristrettos running through the remaining beans to have a play, I'll probably accidently sell it for a quid 6e9de27de8f4cab6d171d3dc6349d8e8.jpg

• Haha 2

8 1/1 ohhhh

• Like 1

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

Probably break ( sorry was too much wasn’t it) 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dave double bean said:

Harsh emoji51.png

Yeah that was a low blow! Nice cat btw 

• Haha 1

Yeah that was a low blow! Nice cat btw 
Cat more expensive than the La Pav and the grinder, priorities all wrong

• Like 1

My cat looks equally disgusted by coffee, I think it's just that it's something not for them hence the disgust.

Regards lifting the handle and the machine itself lifting/ tipping. I can only suggest that rather than simply lifting the handle, try lifting whilst controlling the angle (so keep it pointing down where it attaches), think stirring with a spoon, you don't just move the top of the spoon, you actively control the direction of the spoon. That way you should be able to lift the handle but keep the base of the machine planted.

• Like 1

Have you made a FW yet? you will definitely need a 1 hole tip, the stock 3 hole is terrible!

Sage Barista Pro - Mignon Manuale - La Pavoni Zip - Gaggia Classic - Nanopresso - Osmio Zero

Have you made a FW yet? you will definitely need a 1 hole tip, the stock 3 hole is terrible!
I've not bothered yet because it's the 3 hole, I have a one hole on the way

1 minute ago, Dave double bean said:

I've not bothered yet because it's the 3 hole, I have a one hole on the way

good, definitely don't bother with the 3 hole, it will make you want to throw it in the bin! 
With the 1 hole the steaming is pretty awesome for it's size. 

Sage Barista Pro - Mignon Manuale - La Pavoni Zip - Gaggia Classic - Nanopresso - Osmio Zero

good, definitely don't bother with the 3 hole, it will make you want to throw it in the bin! 
With the 1 hole the steaming is pretty awesome for it's size. 
Hope so, I work from home and make 3 drinks a day and two are with milk, I've got loads of time for cooling and filling etc and making a coffee is my little break from work

You get it eBay Dave? 

• Haha 1

You get it eBay Dave? 
No, watch forum forum for sale, came up for 330, 8 months old and included bottomless porta,

Finding my feet, going a little finer, pulling a 1:3 in about 30 seconds plus pre infusion and timing it before the bitter blonding ruins the shot, this is a nicely balanced shot although

Still working out the sweetspot dose, this is 13.5g, going to go a tad finer and 14g next shot c4375a8c8b0f1cd63015d6d99aae11f4.jpg

Finding my feet, going a little finer, pulling a 1:3 in about 30 seconds plus pre infusion and timing it before the bitter blonding ruins the shot, this is a nicely balanced shot although

Still working out the sweetspot dose, this is 13.5g, going to go a tad finer and 14g next shot c4375a8c8b0f1cd63015d6d99aae11f4.jpg

Good stuff!

I find that, for me at least, 15.5g works great for most coffees, both in the stock basket and the IMS one.

Nice looking machine, keep it nice and clean, specially keep it dry under that drip tray. You don’t want moisture to get trapped there, it will rust.

Edit: I see you keep a box container on top of the drip tray. - very wise!