garethuk

Black Cat - Rwanda

Hi All,

I posted the other day in the 'postie' section to say I received the below order from Black Cat (see photo).  Well a quick update, I opened the bag of Rwanda Kinini Peaberry (a natural) today and first things first, the aroma that hit me was awesome.  I would describe it as 'tropical' very fruity indeed.  My palate isn't particularly sophisticated, the tasting notes are 'Blueberry, chocolate, lime, peach', and I would certainly say that this is a lovely fruity coffee, not 'berry' fruit, but more citrus/tropical fruit.  

Here's the link for more detailed info on their website...

https://www.blackcatcoffee.co.uk/collections/single-origin/products/copy-of-nicaragua-santa-luz-estate-pineapple-candy-yeast-fermented 

Any way, just wanted to drop a post to say a great coffee, definitely worth ordering if you've not tried it yet.

@BlackCatCoffee thank you for the coffee, wonderful... keep up the good work!

Gareth

coffee Black Cat.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 29/06/2020 at 17:55, garethuk said:

Hi All,

I posted the other day in the 'postie' section to say I received the below order from Black Cat (see photo).  Well a quick update, I opened the bag of Rwanda Kinini Peaberry (a natural) today and first things first, the aroma that hit me was awesome.  I would describe it as 'tropical' very fruity indeed.  My palate isn't particularly sophisticated, the tasting notes are 'Blueberry, chocolate, lime, peach', and I would certainly say that this is a lovely fruity coffee, not 'berry' fruit, but more citrus/tropical fruit.  

Here's the link for more detailed info on their website...

https://www.blackcatcoffee.co.uk/collections/single-origin/products/copy-of-nicaragua-santa-luz-estate-pineapple-candy-yeast-fermented 

Any way, just wanted to drop a post to say a great coffee, definitely worth ordering if you've not tried it yet.

@BlackCatCoffee thank you for the coffee, wonderful... keep up the good work!

Gareth

coffee Black Cat.png

Gareth have you tried the Kenyan yet? Just about to order some. 

La Pavoni Europiccola - Mignon Manuale - La Pavoni Zip - Gaggia Classic - Nanopresso - Osmio Zero

Yes I have.  I prefer the Rwanda, that's not a criticism of the Kenya, I think that's just down to the type of coffee that I really like (citrus/fruity/floral).  With that said the Kenyan is very good too.  The description on the pack... 'Rounded body with bright acidity' matches it perfectly.  So, if you're looking for a nice full bodied coffee (not dark or bitter though) with a bit of a 'zing' at the end ('lemon zest'?) then give it a go.

• Like 1