Dunk

Londinium R

Posted (edited)

For sale is my 2 month old Londinium R. Bought at the beginning of lock down as an experiment as i left my GS3 in London. I will be heading back soon so no longer require this machine and personal preference i like the GS3 more.

Still has the protective wrapping on the sides and back, with wireless dongle and in brilliant condition.

Currently the machine is in North Yorkshire but i have the original box so willing to ship at the buyer expense and liability if required. Bargain price considering the price hike of the new LR24!

£2350

IMG_2694.jpg

Edited by Dunk
  • Like 5

Hi @Dunk,  if you are prepared to take an offer that’s a bit lower than your asking price together with overcoming the problem of exchanging the machine, then consider me interested, though I fully understand if you want to hang on a bit for your asking price.

Like you I fancy giving the machine a try and ditching it if it doesn’t suit. TBH, I was really hanging on to see what the LC was going to be like, but your advert got me thinking and the timing coincided with a holiday refund I’ve just had in. Will you take £2200?

I live in West Wales where we are still operating a 5 mile lockdown and it’s a fair step to North Yorkshire, even if lockdown restrictions weren’t in force.

Posted (edited)

@Marocchino

If you met me in the middle at £2275 consider it yours and we can work out logistics of getting it to you?

The original box makes it super well packed so shipping wouldn't be an issue if you wanted to go that route?

Edited by Dunk

...food for thought.!f you include shipping with that price, then we have a deal.

3 minutes ago, Marocchino said:

...food for thought.!f you include shipping with that price, then we have a deal.

Not sure i can at that price sorry. Especially considering insurance on the shipping. I will be traveling down to london mid july and i think it'd fit in the car so meeting "distanced" could also be an option which would be nearer you.

6 minutes ago, Dunk said:

I will be traveling down to london mid july and i think it'd fit in the car so meeting "distanced" could also be an option which would be nearer you.

If we were to agree on a price, certainly timing isn’t an issue for me, since this is purely an unplanned potential purchase, also the lockdown radius could be lifted by then so may well work.

Out of curiosity, where would you consider as a potential candidate for a distanced meeting?

@Marocchino

Anywhere near ish the M1 would be ideal as that'd be my route down.

1 hour ago, Marocchino said:

If we were to agree on a price, certainly timing isn’t an issue for me, since this is purely an unplanned potential purchase, also the lockdown radius could be lifted by then so may well work.

Out of curiosity, where would you consider as a potential candidate for a distanced meeting?

ad let me know if you have any more thoughts on a price

That’s a fair distance there and back for me as I live way past the end of the M4. 
Just checked some distances on maps, I’m just about 400 mile round trip to the M25 and a 370 mile trip to the M1 side of Coventry. Either way it’s about £50 in fuel plus the time.

Any experience with sending big packages by courier? Mine is limited, I have used Hermes and Dpd local before - neither appear to take a coffee machine sized box on first glance. I’m trying to work out potential total cost to me and not getting anywhere so far, until I know what the total potential cost is with your meet in the middle price, it’s hard to make a decision - or a counter offer.

Not sure if this would help ups go up to 30kgs unsure about insurance cover though

• Thanks 1

ECM Mechanika V Slim.   Osmio Zero.
Eureka Mignon.
Sage dtp  Retired La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi 2 R.I.P

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Border_all said:

Not sure if this would help ups go up to 30kgs unsure about insurance cover though

I think DHL is the best option, this is who it came with from the factory.

that said i just checked and UPS and TNT are good options to.

Edited by Dunk
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dunk said:

I think unless a business you may be limited to 25kg on dhl. TNT might do 30kg as well

Eureka Mignon.

5 minutes ago, Dunk said:

Lol posted at same time good luck 

• Like 1

Eureka Mignon.

1 minute ago, Border_all said:

7 minutes ago, Dunk said:

What is the box size and weight ?

Not weighed it but would assume about 35kg

I will measure the box but wold guess at 60x60x60 would cover it easy.

May be UPS then i think they do 35kg

Eureka Mignon.

15 minutes ago, Dunk said:

I think depth is 55, so the box will probably be larger than 60

• Like 1

LR, ZM

24 minutes ago, Dunk said:

Just put in 35kg with an 80x60x60 package size with TNT  came in to £175 inc insurance for £2500. That’s not going to work. UPS want postcodes and DHL I’m working on.

Looks like over £160 depending on insurance level

B5440D9C-A9F1-421E-90DD-85DB291779D3.jpeg

Eureka Mignon.

Yeah that looks way too expensive.

Been trying to speak with a person to confirm but not getting anywhere with DHL they seem to be way cheaper - suspiciously so £48 delivery and supposedly 1.5% of insured value as a premium. That doesn’t fit in with the Parcel Hero enhances cover price.

I would really, really, recommend that you check the courier's or agent's terms and conditions. Coffee machines are often specifically excluded from compensation. It is by no means unknown for heavy machines to be damaged in transit. Good luck trying to claim. It would be much safer to meet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Londinium L1, Compak E8, Gaggia OWC, Kitchenaid Artisan, ECM Giotto, Gene Cafe 101.

20 minutes ago, Norvin said:

I would really, really, recommend that you check the courier's or agent's terms and conditions. Coffee machines are often specifically excluded from compensation. It is by no means unknown for heavy machines to be damaged in transit. Good luck trying to claim. It would be much safer to meet.

I'd second this, shipping and then trying to claim if there is any damage....good luck with that!

• Like 1

My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ - Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl .......

4 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

I'd second this, shipping and then trying to claim if there is any damage....good luck with that!

Thanks @Norvin and @DavecUK, it’s been a learning experience checking out the courier sites and on occasion it’s felt like send a fool further. 

A lot of courriers pay out for loss but not damage.

• Sad 1

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

coffee-subscription-mini.png

Become a friend of CFUK
    Buy Us A Monthly Coffee (massive thank you!) 

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo