urbanculturedispatj

Mille Click Silvia modification - anyone tried it?

Greetings all, 

I'm now starting to seriously look into Silvia modifications.  Sadly it seems a lot of the instructions are either incomplete, out of date, no longer working etc etc.  

The mod I most like the look of is from someone who goes by Mille Click (mille.click is the website)  https://mille.click/rancilio-silvia-pid-lcd/ I love the look of this one, the external floating PID look really isn't for me.  Also not fond of cutting holes into the case.  

I've had a search on here to no avail so just wondering if anyone had tried this modification? And if so how they got along with it.  

I'm aware that the code for this project hasn't been uploaded but I'm a fairly competent programmer so I'm quite up for the challenge of trying that myself.  

Thanks in advance, 

This looks fine, but there are already other "software PID" projects that look up to date. 

Silvia-pi is a python project for the raspi that is slightly out of date but wouldn't take much to get it going.

A thermacouple, amp, and ssr is all you need to have a functioning PID. I'm getting mine setup next month when my V6 arrives. I can keep you in the loop if you like?

On 04/07/2020 at 10:38, Srjwebster said:

This looks fine, but there are already other "software PID" projects that look up to date. 

Silvia-pi is a python project for the raspi that is slightly out of date but wouldn't take much to get it going.

A thermacouple, amp, and ssr is all you need to have a functioning PID. I'm getting mine setup next month when my V6 arrives. I can keep you in the loop if you like?

Hi Srjwebster, 

Thanks for the reply.  Yeah I've had a look at quite a few but didn't like how they looked tbh.  I think I just need to DIY the LCD panel myself so I'm happy with the look/position.  

I'll check out Silvia-pi, I have a few rPi's lying around so that would work out nicely.  

And yes please, be interesting to see how you get on.  Appreciate that :)