Jump to content
TheCoffeeBee

Nuova Simonelli Mythos 1 - display not turning on or grinding.

Recommended Posts

I'll admit I'm regretting buying one of my Mythos 1's off of ebay.....first I've had to remove melted glue from the seal and now, after working perfectly fine initially, it's now not powering the grinder at all. The power switch is lighting up and the burrs are heating but the control panel is dead. The microswitch isn't triggering the burrs and the upper display lights aren't working, as though the hopper has been removed. Anyone got any ideas how to trouble shoot/fix it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

This is the problem with things like the Mythos, if you know the history and know they have been looked after they can be a bargain. In reality though this type of grinder is purchased for BIG volume outlets and often gets hammered by users who are not always the most knowledgeable or careful.

I think @coffeechap is keen on these grinders, perhaps he can suggest something.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, davril said:

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

This is the problem with things like the Mythos, if you know the history and know they have been looked after they can be a bargain. In reality though this type of grinder is purchased for BIG volume outlets and often gets hammered by users who are not always the most knowledgeable or careful.

I think @coffeechap is keen on these grinders, perhaps he can suggest something.

Thank you, tearing my hair out slightly. I'm wondering if it's the white hopper microswitch. I paid with paypal so worst case scenario, it goes back to the seller but I'm hoping to avoid that if at all possible.

Edited by TheCoffeeBee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am coming up on Wednesday will stop by and see if I can sort it for you.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AKA Toffee chips

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, coffeechap said:

I am coming up on Wednesday will stop by and see if I can sort it for you.

You're a good egg, thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 29/06/2020 at 00:25, TheCoffeeBee said:

Thank you, tearing my hair out slightly. I'm wondering if it's the white hopper microswitch. I paid with paypal so worst case scenario, it goes back to the seller but I'm hoping to avoid that if at all possible.

It wasn't DOA so I doubt you have any leg to stand on with regards to buying something secondhand that was working when it arrived. 

Edited by mctrials23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

    New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

    Advertising

    Coffee Forums Media Kit

    Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

     

    coffee-subscription-mini.png

    Become a friend of CFUK
    Buy Us A Monthly Coffee (massive thank you!) 

     

    Donate / Sponsor

    Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

    Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

    image.png



    Coffee Forums Logo
     

×
×
  • Create New...