LSOL July - Campbell and Syme [London]

Mines arrived.  Don’t know how long I will resist opening as I am out of beans.  Three coffee  orders stuck at my local delivery office due to coronavirus forcing it to close a two weeks ago for a week.   Don’t know when I will see them and a load of other stuff.  In the scale of the current situation it does not matter there are other more important things to worry about 
may try to resist until Monday! 
Good to V60/Aeropress (brew) now, espresso you will want to let rest for about a week post roast

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Mr LSOL - October offering here -> Clicky <-

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The order has left the building....

So, few correct origin guesses, here is what it is: La Gallineta from Colombia, the roasters headline notes are Pomegranate (tangy, sweet, grapelike), watermelon (juicy and a little funky) O

It's looking good for delivery tomorrow - UPS [emoji322]

Talking to the roaster there are 4 late deliveries
1. Me
2. imtnom3rcy
3. bean_there
4. dan1502

All due for delivery tomorrow

Oh no. Didn’t get mine today. I’m hoping that they come tomorrow [emoji1696]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
17 minutes ago, Hairy_Hogg said:

Good to V60/Aeropress (brew) now, espresso you will want to let rest for about a week post roast

That’s great V60 in the morning it is then. 

• Like 1

Recieved today. Many thanks to@Hairy_Hogg &@Daren for organising and letting me get involved despite my being late to the party. Really looking forward to it although definately qont be cracking into them tomorow

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Mine arrived ok. Ground a few beans through my M3 just to purge anything out, and decided to chuck the grounds in a cup and pour some hot water on. Had a slurp from a spoon after a few minutes. Probably me but I got a hint of cigar.. Going to have to wait a week now as I tried some as espresso, and although it was nice, it needs dialing in properly so will finish my last LSOL of first (and the #SSSSS as well as the Pineapple Candy from BCC)

• Like 1

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Niche

Output: Slayer One Group + La Pavoni + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

I only just remembered about these coming today and checked out the front to find a little box by the front door. Surprised I didn't have a card pushed through the door but pleased they got here 👍

Haven't got anything left so will have to open in the morning. Not the first time my husband is grateful to @Hairy_Hogg& @Daren for their services 😉 (not a good start to the day without a good cup of coffee)

• Like 2

Got mine too chaps, many thanks to you both. Looking forward to these. Fortunately no need to crack into them too early as I've also got some Pineapple Candy from Black Cat to get through first.

___
Eat, drink and be merry

• Like 1

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

14 hours ago, Akp said:

Oh no. Didn’t get mine today. I’m hoping that they come tomorrow emoji1696.png

Do you have a neighbour called SMALL who lives at number 36?

• Like 1

Do you have a neighbour called SMALL who lives at number 36?

Went round the houses a little bit got it through a neighbour. They put 38 on the address rather than 39.

Glad I have it now smile.png.386586528d215eb32622a010fd075179.png looking forward to trying them soon. smile.png.386586528d215eb32622a010fd075179.png

Also @Hairy_Hogg ; thanks for chasing.

• Like 2

Mine was supposed to be delivered yesterday but didn't turn up and now the tracking says nothing. Little confused. Fingers crossed it shows up today or tomorrow.

Just had my first aeropress with them today. The smell when opened is lovely.

The recipe I used was 16g relatively finely ground, 250g of water @  90C. Really smooth taste. Not done tasting notes for it yet as I just wanted to enjoy a cup.

Woop woop! Got mine today [emoji3590] Thank you kindly.

• Like 2

Presso: Gaggia Classic '96 (OPV mod / Rancilio wand/PID) + Iberital MC2

Brew: V60/Aeropress + Rhino

Mine arrived yesterday. I wasn't aware of this as somebody popped them in my fun cupboard with my gin stash and didn't let me know. 

Circumstances dictate that I'll be steaming in in about 3 days time when my other beans get used up. Cheers chaps!

• Like 2

If anyone has not had a delivery by today lunch time please DM me with any tracking details you were sent

• Like 1

After an aeropress and v60 this morning I am finding this coffee smooth and very drinkable- no tasting notes are coming through but the AP was better than the V60 (blame my untrained tastebuds!)

I used my last grinder settings and found the V60 took about 4 1/2 mins using the 40-60 method so am going to try a bit coarser grind tomorrow in the hope I can find the sweet spot.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Landed yesterday, thanks for organising this 😁

First try as v60 and its proper tasty. 30->500g in 3:50. Tea like body, think I'm getting cherry in the cup. Looking forward to trying it as espresso now. 

No clue about the origin but it drew down pretty quickly for the grind setting, I'll guess Myanmar.

Dovy

Tried a slightly hurried CCD today. 20g into 320g of water 2.2 on the feldgrind. Left it for 30 mins.
I didn’t get any strong flavours through (mainly down to my lack of skill for brewed).
I did get slight acidity and tea like quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper