Jony

Vostok 2 Group Lever.

Here she is,  it's been a while wanted to try a Lever and eventually decided on this. Few extra bits white panels, two naked PF  extra, gauges external pump obviously, will update slowly.

IMG_20200625_161645.jpg

• Like 7

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

Nice. Guessing you didn't buy that from caffeitalia. 

• Haha 1

ACS Minima (Beta) with Bianca Paddle -- Reskinned Ceado E8, Niche Zero --- Gene Cafe CBR101 with Dimmer Mod and Bean Mass Probe

WATER CALCULATOR

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Jony said:

Here she is,  it's been a while wanted to try a Lever and eventually decided on this. Few extra bits white panels, two naked PF  extra, gauges external pump obviously, will update slowly.

IMG_20200625_161645.jpg

I wonder why the name Vostok. It might be to hint that this is the first lever dual-boiler machine as the Russian's (or should I say USSR?) manned flight? Paolo mentioned that the pump (is it the same gear pump they have on V?) is on all the time to keep the pressure fluctuations to minimum. Is there any review on the net to watch?

Have you pulled a shot yet? It looks massive. Lots of real estate has gone but it must be worth it.

Edited by John Yossarian

Nothing succeeds as planned.

ACS Vesuvius, Nuova Simonelli Apia I 1 gr, San Remo 1 gr., Bezzera BZ35e, Fracino Heavenly, Saeco Via Veneto Combi de Luxe, Mythos Plus Nuova Simonelli, Anfim Super Lusso, Cunill Space, Gene Cafe

Pump is just an extra option to fill the boiler if it's not mains connected. I used a pumped one at Host Milan. 

• Like 1

Reviews: https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ YouTube channel: https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl

I do this as a hobby, I'm not in business and receive no payment for my work a full disclosure is, and always has been, on my review and YouTube sites. Oh, I agree with @dfk41 quite often...well sometimes.

No yet it just happens I'm mega busy for a fortnight, not got  a clue when it's being set up.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

I wonder why the name Vostok. It might be to hint that this is the first lever dual-boiler machine as the Russian's (or should I say USSR?) manned flight?

From: https://www.springlever.ro/en/produs/professional-coffee-machine-ambient-espresso-acs-vostok--2-groups--951/

1961 for the first time ever, a crew was sent to space and the spacecraft that carried the crew was calles Vostok.

As then a new era began today with this new coffee lever machine we want to bring you in a different dimension where tradition blends with the most modern techniques, all this to get the most out of every coffee.

Thermo regulated Groups with Independent settings, double boiler, adjustable pre-infusion pressure, lower heating times and lower power consumaption combined with a sophisticated and modern design, are the main features you are going to meet in our Vostok.
  • Like 1

Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

20 minutes ago, Jony said:

No yet it just happens I'm mega busy for a fortnight, not got  a clue when it's being set up.

How can you fight the temptation for so long?

ACS Vesuvius, Nuova Simonelli Apia I 1 gr, San Remo 1 gr., Bezzera BZ35e, Fracino Heavenly, Saeco Via Veneto Combi de Luxe, Mythos Plus Nuova Simonelli, Anfim Super Lusso, Cunill Space, Gene Cafe

Vostok- sounds like a snow tank 🤣

jony always wanted a level now he has 2

• Haha 1

BE - White niche - V60 - Joey custom tamper - WPM - Acaia lunar 

I have heard good things about this machine. A few years ago I would have joined you owning one but for now, will have to rely upon your thoughts

Full Disclosure:

Who needs a signature anyway.....??

It is an awesome machine. The consistency of the shots from it are incredible. I've set two of them up in coffee bars, one in Edinburgh and one in Plymouth and they do not disappoint. You might want to change the steam tips to these https://www.bellabarista.co.uk/izzo-duetto-steam-tip-set.html as the ones from ACS have a really wide angle on them for when you're steaming a bucket full of milk.

I'm surprised you need an external pump though, both ones I've used have been on mains line pressure, anything over 2 bar is good. You will absolutely love it, it's a quick warm up too.

I should mention the fact that all groups don't have to be on, omky the ones being used. 

Reviews: https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ YouTube channel: https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl

I do this as a hobby, I'm not in business and receive no payment for my work a full disclosure is, and always has been, on my review and YouTube sites. Oh, I agree with @dfk41 quite often...well sometimes.

6 minutes ago, adamkovacs1126 said:

I'm eager to see some shots from this beauty! 

Join the queue 🙂

Posted (edited)

I've seen shots from one at Host 2019 as I made them...don't think I videoed any because the phone I had at the time was so crap and the lighting was poor. However with its full complement of springs (2) in the La San Marco group it makes a great shot. Partly due to the selectable and stable brew temperature and partly because spring pressure is properly maintained as designed...throughout the shot..

Edited by DavecUK

Looks fabulous!

I was absolutely hanging-out for the single version years ago.

Has anyone heard if it is still in the ACS pipeline?

1 hour ago, Paolo5 said:

Looks fabulous!

I was absolutely hanging-out for the single version years ago.

Has anyone heard if it is still in the ACS pipeline?

Deep in the pipeline. It was put on hold due to the fact that delivering a commercial spring lever machine that was stable required a lot of counter depth or removal of a spring, which they were not prepared to do as it compromises group performance.

A little update.

• Like 1

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

21 minutes ago, Jony said:

A little update.

No photos, @Jony?

ACS Vesuvius      |      Niche Zero      |      AeroPress      |      Porlex Mini

Page 1🤣

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

52 minutes ago, Jony said:

A little update.

A small update needed my specs 🤓 

• Haha 1

ECM Mechanika V Slim.   Osmio Zero.
Eureka Mignon.
Sage dtp  Retired La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi 2 R.I.P

On 30/06/2020 at 17:41, DavecUK said:

I've seen shots from one at Host 2019 as I made them...don't think I videoed any because the phone I had at the time was so crap and the lighting was poor. However with its full complement of springs (2) in the La San Marco group it makes a great shot. Partly due to the selectable and stable brew temperature and partly because spring pressure is properly maintained as designed...throughout the shot..

Spring pressure on lever groups is not actually supposed to be maintained throughout the shot ( however you are right on the dual spring it is maintained, just like the fixed pressure a pump will provide) levers by nature have a softer extraction that declines in pressure and most would agree that a lower start pressure ( high on a dual spring) is preferable. 

Unless you have actually owned a truly great flat Titan then you are just guessing.