Hey Coffee lovers

Newbie to the forum here.  So quick potted history - I have spent the last ten years getting to know a Fracino Piccino - two flat whites a day for my wife and I, and it has long remained one of the best purchases we've ever made.  A couple of months ago the water went cold, and I suspected a boiler element.  It was time for a change, and after MUCH deliberation we were so pleased to catch one of the new Lelit MaraXs that came into Bella Barista (they sold out within the day!).  Couldn't be happier with the new machine, it's beautiful inside and out.  Matched it up with a Eureka Mignon and never looked back.  I cannot recommend the Lelit highly enough.  

Thinking now about the walnut knobs upgrade.  Anyone else have this - would you recommend?

Hope you are all keeping safe and well

Warm regards, Bill

Lelit MaraX 3.jpg

• Like 5

The walnut knobs are very nice to look at as well as to fondle 😜

fbd84da.jpg

The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.

MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, MaraXprofitec, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air, Niche Zero, Aergrind, IMS and VST baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, modded Gene Cafe CBR 101, BWT Bestmax PREMIUM V

Hey Coffee lovers
Newbie to the forum here.  So quick potted history - I have spent the last ten years getting to know a Fracino Piccino - two flat whites a day for my wife and I, and it has long remained one of the best purchases we've ever made.  A couple of months ago the water went cold, and I suspected a boiler element.  It was time for a change, and after MUCH deliberation we were so pleased to catch one of the new Lelit MaraXs that came into Bella Barista (they sold out within the day!).  Couldn't be happier with the new machine, it's beautiful inside and out.  Matched it up with a Eureka Mignon and never looked back.  I cannot recommend the Lelit highly enough.  
Thinking now about the walnut knobs upgrade.  Anyone else have this - would you recommend?
Hope you are all keeping safe and well
Warm regards, Bill
1460556495_LelitMaraX3.thumb.jpg.9257e2128179e50117376a9a4c64db59.jpg

Is the lady in the portrait called Mara, by any chance?

Really nice setup, enjoy!
  • Like 1

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

Very nice! Love my MaraX. I will probably eventually go for walnut knobs, but not sure yet... Maybe if I get the paddle from the bianca I'll use it as an excuse to get walnut knobs and portafilter... 

The mignon is such a great looking grinder as well, looks like a cracking set up overall. 

@Stanic stop it! Looks awesome 😊love those loveramics granite cups, had my eye on them for a while! 

• Haha 1

Lelit MaraX, Niche Zero, MBK Feldgrind, Gene Cafe 101, several brewers... 

44 minutes ago, Stanic said:

The walnut knobs are very nice to look at as well as to fondle 😜

fbd84da.jpg

Is that an eye hook in the end of your portafilter?

/\_/\ .。oO(Vesuvius, Niche Zero, V60)
   >^.^<.---.
  _'-`-'     )\
 (--\ |--\ (`.`-.
     --'  --'  ``-'
8 minutes ago, catpuccino said:

Is that an eye hook in the end of your portafilter?

That is correct 

The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.

MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, MaraXprofitec, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air, Niche Zero, Aergrind, IMS and VST baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, modded Gene Cafe CBR 101, BWT Bestmax PREMIUM V

1 hour ago, jaffro said:

ove those loveramics granite cups, had my eye on them for a while! 

I only got that one as there was a sale :) they're nice aren't they

Thanks guys!  Great to know I'm not the only one loving the MaraX :)

One question - does the walnut knob upgrade include the portafilter handle?  Or is this a separate purchase?  If so, any worries in getting them to match?

Lovely setups - this is a wonderful hobby isn't it?

Cheers, Bill

Congrats on the purchase Bill. I recently bit the bullet and also purchased a maraX plus mignon specialita and have also been enjoying 2 flat whites a day along with numerous Americanos or espressos

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 26/06/2020 at 23:54, bill.hester said:

Thanks guys!  Great to know I'm not the only one loving the MaraX :)

One question - does the walnut knob upgrade include the portafilter handle?  Or is this a separate purchase?  If so, any worries in getting them to match?

Lovely setups - this is a wonderful hobby isn't it?

Cheers, Bill

Hello Bill, 

Also new to the forum, IMG_20200824_231344.thumb.jpg.f88d30bb7ce49b21690921e699c32494.jpgthe kit does not include the portafilter handle. 

I bought a bottomless portafilter to complete the set. 

If i get bored i switch to black 😁

Ioan

Edited by Ioan
  • 1 month later...
On 24/08/2020 at 16:18, Ioan said:

Hello Bill, 

Also new to the forum, IMG_20200824_231344.thumb.jpg.f88d30bb7ce49b21690921e699c32494.jpgthe kit does not include the portafilter handle. 

Ioan

On 24/08/2020 at 16:18, Ioan said:

Hello Bill, 

Ioan

what is the flow control kit you installed?