Jump to content
Dougieboy

Could go cheap in a few hours

Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, ChilledMatt said:

Don't forget it is still not legal to drive into Wales from England.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
 

Yes, all the more reason it could go cheap for someone more local than me, or Dominic Cummings 😂 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChilledMatt said:

Don't forget it is still not legal to drive into Wales from England.
 

Don't forget it depends 😁


The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.

MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, MaraXprofitec, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air, Niche Zero, Aergrind, IMS and VST baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, modded Gene Cafe CBR 101, BWT Bestmax PREMIUM V

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I already have a bid on it, it's 5 miles away.

  • Like 3

Londinium L1, Compak E8, Gaggia OWC, Kitchenaid Artisan, ECM Giotto, Gene Cafe 101.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Norvin said:

I already have a bid on it, it's 5 miles away.

How did you get on bud, bargain that was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I got it.😊

 

Anyone for a refurb?

  • Like 5

Londinium L1, Compak E8, Gaggia OWC, Kitchenaid Artisan, ECM Giotto, Gene Cafe 101.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Norvin said:

Yes, I got it.😊

 

Anyone for a refurb?

Nice one Norvin. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Norvin said:

Yes, I got it.😊

 

Anyone for a refurb?

Nice one. I looked at it but too far away for collect in person 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, here's an update.

Picked it up this morning, nice chap, said that he had upgraded to nespresso 😱. Only ever use for coffee, never steamed milk.

1300 watt 2006 Classic, mirror finish stainless case with hardly a scratch. Only things missing are the plastic panerello tip and the single basket but to balance it out he gave me a bag of preground coffee with a use by date of Aug 2021 - result!

Had a quick look at it, works ok, inside very clean, no sign of scale yet. OPV set way too high, my gauge stops at 11 bar and it was way past that, such that no water was venting when operated with blind basket, now set to 9.5 bar and working ok. Three of the holes in the dispersion block were blocked, lot of caked coffee grounds up there, likely that it had never been removed and cleaned. Sad to see that such a capable machine was used at only a fraction of its potential.

 

  • Like 3

Londinium L1, Compak E8, Gaggia OWC, Kitchenaid Artisan, ECM Giotto, Gene Cafe 101.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Norvin said:

Ok, here's an update.

Picked it up this morning, nice chap, said that he had upgraded to nespresso 😱. Only ever use for coffee, never steamed milk.

1300 watt 2006 Classic, mirror finish stainless case with hardly a scratch. Only things missing are the plastic panerello tip and the single basket but to balance it out he gave me a bag of preground coffee with a use by date of Aug 2021 - result!

Had a quick look at it, works ok, inside very clean, no sign of scale yet. OPV set way too high, my gauge stops at 11 bar and it was way past that, such that no water was venting when operated with blind basket, now set to 9.5 bar and working ok. Three of the holes in the dispersion block were blocked, lot of caked coffee grounds up there, likely that it had never been removed and cleaned. Sad to see that such a capable machine was used at only a fraction of its potential.

 

Sounds like a great deal hope you enjoy fixing the bits and bobs then deciding what happens next 👍

  • Like 1

ECM Mechanika V Slim.   Osmio Zero.
Eureka Mignon.
Sage dtp  Retired La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi 2 R.I.P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You got it for a song. well done, sounds like a stock machine with no tweaks (hence the factory set pressure on the OPV. I wouldn't fine one that cheap in Norfolk / Suffolk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yes, a real bargain. Probably not the best strategy for him to sell as collection only in locked down Wales.

 

No real scale inside to speak of, three stubborn boiler screws but they came loose eventually. Seals came this afternoon, so it is all together now, looks like a new machine, inside and out. Still deciding what to do with it.

Edited by Norvin
more info

Londinium L1, Compak E8, Gaggia OWC, Kitchenaid Artisan, ECM Giotto, Gene Cafe 101.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

    New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

    Advertising

    Coffee Forums Media Kit

    Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

     

    coffee-subscription-mini.png

    Become a friend of CFUK
    Buy Us A Monthly Coffee (massive thank you!) 

     

    Donate / Sponsor

    Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

    Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

    image.png



    Coffee Forums Logo
     

×
×
  • Create New...